oem+ hdi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
oem+ hdi
Basically there's no need to run that much boost, if you need it to keep it clean then you should be making more power than that.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Doubt I'll be turning it down. It drops off quick enough and settles around 20psi. The drone is the empty silencer. If something let's go I'll just have to deal with it but I'd like my own custom hybrid Turbo anyway. Wouldn't really trust fitting used turbos unless its recon... and thats also £££

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
I've got slight forwards/backwards play on the passenger side wheel.. Is this the P bush? No real difference to the drive of the car but jjust noticed it when i inspected the wheels/tires/bolts yesterday. I haven't had it up on a ramp yet but i think this is common for the symptom.... I still need to fit tie rods, tre's and my meyle HD droplinks too..

No real updates yet due to lack of funds, weather, meh. Im working on a little project to make the glovebox a double cup holder as its broken and too slim for anything else

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Yer sounds like the p bush to me

Thanks given by:
Could be a bush, could be a balljoint, either way replacing your wishbones should fix it. Smile

Must admit i'm intrigued to see how long that turbo lasts at that kind of boost with someone who looks after their car...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Aye its about time I addressed the suspension tbh

Well today I had a look at the ic set up. Noticed one of my brackets for the pipes running above the ic had snapped, probably due to the snow, so decided to pull the pipes apart and tighten everything. Noticed some oil in the pipe running above the ic,not a puddle but the whole pipe had a lick of oil. Seems normal?

Poodle I'll pm you a vid

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Pretty normal to have a small amount of oil in the ic piping, you've got the oil breather feeding the inlet anyway.

Vid looks good bud, still not sure the high boost is helping though...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
More psi doesn't neccesarily mean more power, when its that far out of its efficiency the extra pressure could generate extra heat to negate any of the power you would've gained by increasing the pressure in the first place, just a thought
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I understand what im doing by running a turbo out of efficency bud, but isnt a GT15 meant to be out of its efficency range above 16/17psi? Im still not sure what turbo ive got as its the two nuts on the rod to adjust which indicates a K03? but imo the amount of boost needed on a stage 2 hdi takes any of the stock blowers out of efficency... just im a few psi over the recommended boost level and GT's dont like to be pushed too hard. As ive said I didnt intend to adjust it up to 24 but because my gauge wasnt reading right on the test drives it kept saying 19, so we adjusted it for the 3rd time and i just went home, only after twisting the gauge right way up it stared reading 24.

By all means it spikes up to 24 but thats if im off boost coming on, its like it surges to make up for the lag, as it drops off to around 21/20 by 2800/3000rpm which is recommended stage 2 boost, if im at say 2800rpm and put my foot down i wont get 24 psi, anyway if it lets go i'll just have to upgrade/replace but i aint bothering turning it down, its reduced the smoke levels and feels more responsive, i'll take my chances

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
16-17 psi is the limit of maximum efficiency, what you're doing is running it off the chart. Here, have a look:

[Image: plot_map.php?mode=plot&pr=2.000278989377...compressor]

Pressure ratio is absolute pressure in bar, so 24psi is ~2.65pr, even as it drops off the line will still be way out from where you want it to be. That's why people are starting to include another turbo in their stage 2 builds.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
You have to come to a ace meet sometime in the summer dude Smile love to see this in the flesh
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I've checked the compressor map hence why I said it was out of its efficiency above 17psi. My first xud had a gt15 on it that was running 22psi for near 2 years on a top mount. Its safe to say quite a few folk on this forum run silly boost on stock blowers knowing the consequences.

Lets see how long it will hold on for, because if I turn it down to say 20, I may as well wind it down to 17 and put a stage 1 map on.

Sam I'd love to come down. There's loads of motors on here I'd love to see irl like your Astor, I missed out on your Diablo 6 like but I'd like to chat to and trade ideas with. If a convoy of french cars come down from Yorkshire it would be epic. We have nothing like that around where I am, we have yfm.... Yorkshire french modified but its just a load of tits in a car park, not enthusiast focused. Are the french meets normally on a Monday night?

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Yep every 3rd monday I think? Has to be then thats whem I usually run out of money haha, yeah dude should organise one Smile
Thanks given by:
Im amazed you cant feel the pbush being knackered...

just watchout it dont knacker ya tyre too!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I will have to see what I can do Sam - its a 480 mile round trip!! But I've always wanted to go to ace.

As said piggy its not bad. It might not be the p bush but its definately going to be bottom arm related. Anyone suggest any good brands? Links? Thinking meyle

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Were having a 306oc meet in september/october time at ace iirc...
Thanks given by:
As above, itll be a whole day jobby, should make it a bit more worth the trip for you. Hope you can make it, would be good to meet you and see this in person.

Ah gotcha, misunderstood - thought you meant 17psi was inefficient in the same way 24psi is! lol
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I might pop down to ace too. Stay over the night. Be good to meet some new faces and a different scenery
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Looks like I've got something to work towards then! The car in my view needs a little overhaul

Karl we should blag tony to come too. Only we will need to stop around 3 times each way for him to fill up !!! And Karl I got an arch liner from scrappy in shipley,.

Had a play with a celica t sport last night... think he was a little shocked to say the least

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2013, 01:13 PM)Arron Wrote: Karl we should blag tony to come too. Only we will need to stop around 3 times each way for him to fill up !!!

Why you....!! Sad
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So just a little update

Hopefully I will have some spare money soon to overhaul the suspension, turbo still seems to be running fine and pulling strong, did some motorway miles today and my only gripe is it could do with a 6th gear. Looking to refurb the wheels anthracite or possibly switch to some clones but i do love the vortex.

On another note my passenger arch liner escaped from my car today and shattered all over the M62!, drivers side did the same a few week before but i replaced that and modified it so it wont catch. Also im sure im starting to hear a 'droning' type of noise in the cabin sometimes at like 60 + mph, is this a wheel bearing?

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
droning wheel bearing yes. mine doing it. just got hubs for mine
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Just wondering how i need to modify this to put another turbo on.

[Image: IMG_20130422_190806.jpg]

When he removed the turbo the shaft and blades were exposed so i think I need to remove that plate to the left then mate that somehow to the new blower? I am a noob at this so if i sound dumb bear with me!

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Erm.. Where to start..

You need to look at a few project threads, both HDi and XUD, that'll give you a good idea of how people fit various turbos. What you need to avoid at all costs, is using that standard exhaust downpipe elbow, it's so restrictive once you fit a bigger blower.

Once you know what you're looking at doing, then you need to decide what turbo you're going to fit.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I will be pestering you soon Jonny. Think ive decided I want to go down the hybrid route tho so essentially it will be bolt on

Ive finally secured some permanent work so i'll hopefully beable to start looking at a few suspension upgrades in the coming months, definately some meyle bottom arms and passenger side hub or bearing. Can anyone confirm if the HDi is 18mm balljoints?? Also fitted my meyle HD droplinks; cant believe the improvement theyve made to the steering and drive, and sprayed the wheels astor grey last week, such a sexy colour when the sun shines off it!!

[Image: IMG_20130501_194955.jpg]

I machine buffed the car a few week ago with poorboys blackhole; definitely recommend it just for the smell!!

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Liking the Astor Vortex's... A little bit classier than matt black!! Wink
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hdis are 18mm yeah. If you're thinking of hybriding a gt15 I shouldn't bother, barely worth it, K03 is better.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Looking nice man, wheels look so much better in astor!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cheers. Astor grey is such a win colour.

Poodle I just want to know it can definately handle the abuse, hence the paddle clutch too. Im quite happy with how it shifts now. If they could hybrid a GT17/20 to bolt straight on and convert it to ball bearing which should reduce lag, and whatever else they recommend i might have the best of both worlds, just not sure how financially viable it is tho...

Also ive bought a full HDi head, set of injectors which have been stripped and cleaned, FPRS, regulator, maf, lift pump and crank sensor all for £20. So going to have a look at the head and educate myself a little. Should be getting rid of the stock fuel filter for an inline filter with 10mm inlet/outlets and changing all the plastic fuel pipes for thicker fuel piping sometime soon.

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Wheels look loads better chap Big Grin
Thanks given by: