oem+ hdi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
oem+ hdi
It is the 283mm gti setup... aye I think the vortex need the 302 set up to fill the gap but then I'd never be able to put 15s on it ever again...

Just a whinge... P0230 again tonight, twice under hard acceleration and a weird one, going up a hill although there was about 5 liters of diesel it cut out the fuel light come on and the needle went to 0. Once I rolled down the hill onto level road it started and ran fine after and looked like it had between reserve and quarter tank..... but I didn't go back up the hill, decided to take the long way home

Is this early signs of in tank pump failure... I do still need to clean the fuel reg...

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Tongue 

Although i didnt quite hit 70 i make that about 6 seconds, quite happy with that, and the clutch holds. Look through the history, clutch was changed in 08 at 111k, doubt it would of been anything fancy

[Image: IMG_20121004_125806.jpg]

Front badge with cherry red lion. Donated by alee.

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
looking good arron probably needs a new lift pump with sounds of it. youd have to be up a really steep hill for it to have no fuel to suck in as the tanks have a pot the fuel sits in higher than the actual level of fuel like a baffle really
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
You probably won't need a new lift pump, the "pot" is very shallow and you will use the fuel contained therein in a matter of seconds. Sustained acceleration up a hill is more than enough to starve the pump, a fair few people with stage 2 HDis have had this problem on the flat when fuel is low, let alone up a hill (pump is at the front of the tank). That said, running the tank dry is rumoured to kill your lp pump, although i've yet to see any conclusive evidence.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Poodle would filling up to half tank resolve that issue... there's was defiantly fuel in the tank

Thanks jenk I'll pay you on Monday for the rr

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Carnt belive your clutch is still holding that toque, will have to see what toque it puts out on the dyno, saw your car on sawps u thinking of getting rid? Hows the car getting on with the stage 2 cutting out issue? Carnt wait to see how I get on after clutch has been changed

Thanks given by:
Its on for the giggles I'm keeping it. It cuts here and there, always under load.

I'll probably need a clutch at some point. I had a new clutch cable fit a few month ago maybe that's helped..

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Since ive changed the fuel filter hasn't cut out however the clutch is becoming very hit and miss... debating as to if it will hold n the rollers this Saturday....

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Aaron, how much better are the 283's over standard hdi brakes?

Did you put the 6 MC on too?
Thanks given by:
Not really sharper, but its more you can stomp a bit later/harder without them locking up.

Yup full set up

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
take it steady arron dont want you pulling out on saturday!

Thanks given by:
So not a massive £115 quid worth it upgrade?
Thanks given by:
Its worth doing Sam but your price is a bit steep just for calipers and mc

Its only going to slip on the rollers... I could just try it... I'll definately be there tho pal

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Oddly I found on mine after doing a 2nd gear launch it never slipped again!

Thanks given by:
If the engines cool it should hold for one pull but we shall see what happens!!

Will be a good turn out I have a few lads coming too, a Fab vrs, civic type r

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Its for mc, and the whole set upwith nearly new disks n pads
Thanks given by:
Ah... that's quite good then... love your build by the way. What clutch are you going with

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Its a helix 4 paddle with uprated cover. Justhad it fully refurbished by helix for £180, clutch only cost £40! Bit of a billy bargain imo
Thanks given by:
^jealous

Glad engine hasn't been cutting out, odd though since your fuel filter didn't look that dirty :/
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
I've lined up a clutch that should handle 320lbs/ft. Should be with me at end of next week, its no paddle tho...

Steve I've not really been able to accelerate for prelonged periods with the clutch so I'm not able tosay for sure I've solved the cutting... been getting 51mpg tho

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
What clutch you gone for? How much it cost you? Likeing the sound of 51mpg im only getting 41mpg lol

Thanks given by:
Its up in the air pal. It was a stage 2 clutch but with a 'heavier' duty pressure plate but they called today saying if I want to hold up to 320lbs/ft only a paddle will handle it

I was going to just replace the release bearing and use a helix clutch plate and put the original clutch cover back on but reading around it sounds like a bad idea

Plus it looks like c.g are have a sale on at the mo... mixed reviews on the forums been too heavy and a stupidly low bite but I do remember a Diablo HDI holding 309lbs/ft with one a few years back.... think I may have to risk one of their paddles...

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2012, 01:06 PM)Arron Wrote: Steve I've not really been able to accelerate for prelonged periods with the clutch so I'm not able tosay for sure I've solved the cutting... been getting 51mpg tho

Ah shoot, well good luck when the new clutch is in really am hoping it was just a clogged up fuel filter.
That's not bad mpg, though must be because you can't boot it anywhere at the moment haha
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
I've called c.g today, going for a paddle. I set off to work at half 6 in morning so there's no traffic, but yea the slipping clutch gives me no choice but to take it easy... also I've noticed shell diesel seems to give me more MPG. At £1.41 a litre I've managed 158 miles on 20 pound

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Rah my clutch has arrived this morning...

Collecting some parts together for a lil service/overhaul over winter. New tre's and tie rods, new battery needed, put the clutch on, source an R70 pump. Drop the engine oil/brake fluid/gearbox oil.

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(03-11-2012, 10:10 AM)Arron Wrote: Rah my clutch has arrived this morning...

Collecting some parts together for a lil service/overhaul over winter. New tre's and tie rods, new battery needed, put the clutch on, source an R70 pump. Drop the engine oil/brake fluid/gearbox oil.

Sounds really good carnt wait to see what it goes like! should look for a bigger turbo while your at it ;-) lol

Thanks given by:
Aaron! We'll have to race! lol

Cant wait to see how the cg paddle is.

Where do you live?

Im gonna have to get an r70 pump too i think! I Want to get new lower milege injectors too.

PS. How much did you pay for the clutch? if you dont mind me asking! (pm if you dont want everyone to know!)
Thanks given by:
Aye a big turbo would be nice but that's kinda icing on the cake... got to make the cake first!!

Sean I'm from Bradford... I have to change the pump as the regulator bolts won't come out, the threads on the bolt heads are chewed, so might aswell change and upgrade pump.

I'll pm you now

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
When's the clutch going in then??
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Few week yet tony. I'm aiming to get a few things done at the same time as the clutch change

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by: