Panel Filter or Induction kit and exhaust system?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panel Filter or Induction kit and exhaust system?
Hi im looking to upgrade the air filter soon and not too sure whether to go for uprated filter or induction kit?

Also i will be changing the exhaust soon to let the exhaust gases flow easier?

Not to sure whether to get straight through or just get rid of either middle or rear back box?
Thanks given by:
Get rid of the cat and backbox, keep the midbox as its pretty much straight through and stops it being offensively loud.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2012, 09:01 AM)Ricky Wrote: Get rid of the cat and backbox, keep the midbox as its pretty much straight through and stops it being offensively loud.

Mine comes as standard with no cat which was good. so i just have midbox and backbox.

What would free off some more horses:

Removing the midbox

or

removing the backbox???

Also panel filter or induction kit?

Thanks
Thanks given by:
well the above said mid box is pretty much straight through so i would have thought the backbox would be the better of the two to remove. Arent the standard air intakes pretty good on these anyway? Id just get a decent K&N panel filter.
Thanks given by:
Thats what i have done.. changed the backb box to a big one, de-cat, but left mid box.. Sounds good, and you can hear the turbo whistle alot more.. I put a hardpipe induction kit on mine, but didnt really make any difference at all, so personally i would just buy a K&N pannel filter.
GUMBALL3000's MOODY 306D TURBO PHASE-1 WORK IN PROGRESS
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2012, 10:29 AM)SRowell Wrote: well the above said mid box is pretty much straight through so i would have thought the backbox would be the better of the two to remove. Arent the standard air intakes pretty good on these anyway? Id just get a decent K&N panel filter.

So Backbox removal it is then.

Yes the intakes are pretty good as they feed from a scoop on the slam panel.

Would a panel filter or full induction kit provide more intake effieciency?
Thanks given by:
I dont think either will make a noticable difference, unless you engine is tuned up?
GUMBALL3000's MOODY 306D TURBO PHASE-1 WORK IN PROGRESS
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2012, 10:47 AM)gumball3000 Wrote: I dont think either will make a noticable difference, unless you engine is tuned up?

engine is not tuned up.

So panel filter it is then?

What brand of panel filter is best?

K and N

BMC

Pipercross

?
Thanks given by:
To be honest your not going to notice any difference whatever you do, unless you change all the piping and get rid of the tight bit by the master cylinder. I have a BMC panel filter and wouldnt know it.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Yeh that bastard neat the master cylinder literally limits your power to like 2hp. Remove that and you suddenly have 300 hp
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You mean 400whp.... Pfft!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  gt20 exhaust system Chris_90 13 2,977 15-10-2014, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Mike
  induction kit / air filter choice zx_volcane 15 2,820 14-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Harky