gt20 exhaust system

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gt20 exhaust system
So slowly getting my gt20 ready for bolting on I'm doing a 3 inch down pipe with flexible joint, then gonna reduce to 2.5.

What I'm wanting to no will it be ok to reduce again to the standard system size near the back box area? Or will it be to restrictive and best to stay 2.5 all way back?

Thanks given by:
(12-10-2014, 08:32 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: So slowly getting my gt20 ready for bolting on I'm doing a 3 inch down pipe with flexible joint, then gonna reduce to 2.5.

What I'm wanting to no will it be ok to reduce again to the standard system size near the back box area? Or will it be to restrictive and best to stay 2.5 all way back?

3 inch down pipe is abit extreme I bet the elbow off the blower isn't much bigger than 65mm! Don't forget if you drop back to std near the backbox not only will you need a train of reducers it will flow no better than a std system it's only as restrictive as the smallest parts!
Thanks given by:
Just run 3" turbo back will sound mental my mate has got his 3" straight thru and is awesome haha

Thanks given by:
(12-10-2014, 09:06 PM)spike2002 Wrote: Just run 3" turbo back will sound mental my mate has got his 3" straight thru and is awesome haha

Not wanting to go for loud, got a baby coming.any min now and I don't finsh work till late so don't wanna be pissing the street off Tongue all tho if I could I would Wink

Thanks given by:
Run with 2.5 if you can. Iirc 2.25 is standard.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I run a 3" to tank then reducing to 2.5 i think as i dont want a deep tone. Any videos of a full 3" system compared to a 3" to 2.5" system?
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
If I have to i will it's just the cost of 3 inch and 2.5 inch silencers there not cheap. Just gonna take abit more saving then.

Thanks given by:
For a GT20 I'd of thought 2.5 would be plenty big enough?

Just extra hassle to fit 3"?

It certainly won't have any negative effects being 3" though.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I'd have 3 inch all way though if I can get some decent silencers that reduce the noise level alot.

Thanks given by:
just use 5 cherry bombs and a couple 3" bends lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I think i will go 3" no box's even with no back section its not loud at all
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
(13-10-2014, 11:19 AM)HDIkyle Wrote: I think i will go 3" no box's even with no back section its not loud at all

Have to have a listen of it, but ash23's estate with 3 inch down to 2.5 is loud.

(13-10-2014, 11:08 AM)Piggy Wrote: just use 5 cherry bombs and a couple 3" bends lol

Hmmmmm wonder how much the cherry bombs are Wink

Thanks given by:
A bore reduction at the back end of the system isn't nearly as restrictive as at the front end as the exhaust gasses are cooler so far more dense. At the turbo/ hot end of the system the gasses are expanded so need more space to exit the turbo efficiently.

That's why a good elbow and downpipe design even with the standard exhaust bore size will give a noticeable improvement on a turbo car but adding a 3" system to a standard elbow and downpipe will have very little effect.
Thanks given by:
(13-10-2014, 11:19 AM)HDIkyle Wrote: I think i will go 3" no box's even with no back section its not loud at all

Kyle.. I've got a 3" turbo back. I can say it is fair loud. To kinda define loud.. People can hear me coming from a fair distance away.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gt20 sherman306 32 7,479 14-03-2014, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Chris_90
  TD04 to GT20 oil feed anto 11 3,367 07-03-2014, 11:46 AM
Last Post: anto
  mercades c250 gt20 padge 46 8,035 22-02-2014, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Uberderv