306oc Christmas & 1st Birthday Meet - 01/12/12 - Reading

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306oc Christmas & 1st Birthday Meet - 01/12/12 - Reading
f*ck yeah there will be cake. And awards.

Reading is a great night out, so yeah this is more of a meet up and chat with food and cars (and other potentially winning activities) , then night out and breakfast Sunday, and a possible drive on some of the really nice country roads between reading and Oxford.
Thanks given by:
I feel this is discused enough now any one with any problems refer to all posts above :LMAO:

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 08:04 PM)Scott Wrote: f*ck yeah there will be cake. And awards.

Reading is a great night out, so yeah this is more of a meet up and chat with food and cars (and other potentially winning activities) , then night out and breakfast Sunday, and a possible drive on some of the really nice country roads between reading and Oxford.

Drive you say? I better bring the KA! Show you hooligans how it's done.
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 08:04 PM)Scott Wrote: f*ck yeah there will be cake. And awards.

You forgot to add watch fooby repeatedly trip over his own feet, and his other general drunken activities

Thanks given by:
oh its worth the drive from ANYWHERE to see fooby dive into the pavement several times and split his eye lid open
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Im not gonna complain too much about Reading as its not too far from me and if the worst comes to it I can get a train straight from Hayes for free.

BUT

Its still too close to London and is quite an affluent area and so the prices of drinks are pretty expensive compared to what you'd pay in Coventry or Bristol.

Its full of bus lanes, traffic cameras, big pot holes and worst of all MOUNTAINOUS speed humps! only 3 times in my life have I had to turn around and go a different way because of speed humps and 2 of those were in Reading. Its generally not a very car friendly place as its full of the environmentalist lot (though not as bad as oxford).

Its a right pain in the arse to get to from the north, the only real north/south motorway links either meet the M25 at London or its the M5 that passes Bristol and both of those are a fair old way from Reading.

Personally I think somewhere around the Bristol / Gloucester area would be good but somewhere different in the midlands could also be good. As a club we could probably organise Santa Pod or Mallory Park or something.
Thanks given by:
f*ck yes it is!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
OR OR OR PRESCOT HILL CHRIS!!!!!!!!!

Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 08:08 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Im not gonna complain too much about Reading as its not too far from me and if the worst comes to it I can get a train straight from Hayes for free.

BUT

Its still too close to London and is quite an affluent area and so the prices of drinks are pretty expensive compared to what you'd pay in Coventry or Bristol.

Its full of bus lanes, traffic cameras, big pot holes and worst of all MOUNTAINOUS speed humps! only 3 times in my life have I had to turn around and go a different way because of speed humps and 2 of those were in Reading. Its generally not a very car friendly place as its full of the environmentalist lot (though not as bad as oxford).

Its a right pain in the arse to get to from the north, the only real north/south motorway links either meet the M25 at London or its the M5 that passes Bristol and both of those are a fair old way from Reading.

Personally I think somewhere around the Bristol / Gloucester area would be good but somewhere different in the midlands could also be good. As a club we could probably organise Santa Pod or Mallory Park or something.

2 things
firstly, reading is easy to get to
secondly, weve established probably 70% of members are in the south or midlands....looking at a map, reading is pretty central.

I know you dont like the idea of reading chris and fair enough not everyone will be happy. if everyone says its a poor location, fair enough. if not, it will be there!

Edit: oh and i dont think a track is the best idea. Its december. the weather probably wont be brillaint and as ive said, its not really about the cars...its more the people and having a laugh and drinking too much...and laughing at number plates with CUM in them like we did last year!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Having lived in Reading for a couple of years I known the area well, and it's not full of bus lanes (there's one heading out of town on the a4 and not much else unless you're planning on driving in the very town centre). There are no speed bumps unless you're going off into residential areas.

Drinks aren't as expensive as Watford on a night out either, and definitely not as bad as London prices.
Thanks given by:
Gloucester would be nice, some really nice driving roads around that area
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
yeah i dont find driving in reading an issue tbh (my other comment was about watching fooby fail)
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 08:13 PM)Scott Wrote: Having lived in Reading for a couple of years I known the area well, and it's not full of bus lanes (there's one heading out of town on the a4 and not much else unless you're planning on driving in the very town centre). There are no speed bumps unless you're going off into residential areas.

Dont know how long ago you lived in reading scott but i spent almost 3 months surveying most of reading town centre and they did not want bus lanes.... but thats irrelevant anyway
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Jj fancy fuel sharing in the dt? Wink
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 08:13 PM)Scott Wrote: Having lived in Reading for a couple of years I known the area well, and it's not full of bus lanes (there's one heading out of town on the a4 and not much else unless you're planning on driving in the very town centre). There are no speed bumps unless you're going off into residential areas.

Drinks aren't as expensive as Watford on a night out either, and definitely not as bad as London prices.

Is there a similar place as Coventry to go to? Bowling/arcades/laser quest/ALCOHOL!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Oh can i make a request that 4 way doesnt bring any friends this year unless they tell me so i can bring my boxing gloves
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Deal :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:

good because i dont fancy getting into a fight again, aiding you in burgling a hotel room and being a get away driver (although it was good fun and you loved it!) lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 08:11 PM)puglove Wrote: OR OR OR PRESCOT HILL CHRIS!!!!!!!!!
THIS x1,000,000!!!!!!!!!

(09-09-2012, 08:12 PM)Niall Wrote: Edit: oh and i dont think a track is the best idea. Its december. the weather probably wont be brillaint and as ive said, its not really about the cars...its more the people and having a laugh and drinking too much...and laughing at number plates with CUM in them like we did last year!
I wasnt really planning on using the track although its not a bad idea. They just tend to be somewhere with good transport links and away from large built up areas where we will upset people bouncing the cars off the rev limiters for 8 hours solid. It also means zero police attention cos i dont want some traffic cop deciding to go over my car with a fine tooth comb.

(09-09-2012, 08:13 PM)Scott Wrote: Drinks aren't as expensive as Watford on a night out either, and definitely not as bad as London prices.
Either you drink in the wrong place in Watford or Ive been to the wrong places in Reading. Went out in Watford the other week and a 2 pint glass of larger was £4-5, probably nearer 4.

(09-09-2012, 08:19 PM)Niall Wrote: Oh can i make a request that 4 way doesnt bring any friends this year unless they tell me so i can bring my boxing gloves
I vote Phil brings Sam, not seen her arse in a while.

(09-09-2012, 08:20 PM)Niall Wrote: good because i dont fancy getting into a fight again, aiding you in burgling a hotel room and being a get away driver (although it was good fun and you loved it!) lol

You know you loved it, breaking into places is a specialty of mine.
Thanks given by:
chris i think youve got the wrong image of this place mate......i dont remember a single person sitting there revving there cars last year. as far as i remember it, we were a very friendly, respectable bunch (well to the general public anyway)

a track will cost us money and make it less appealing plus there will be less to do in the evenings. also, what with it being december, the weather probably wont be any good for a track day...would hate for someone to have a binned car as a christmas present! especially ed seeing as he runs spec 2s as winter tyres......
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
This isn't going to be a meet where we sit in a car park in the freezing cold for a whole day. Yes there will be focus on the cars, but as said numerous times by various people, this is about the people and about the club and community. It's a chance to meet up with people we might otherwise only see at FCS, or for newbies to show their face and get to meet everyone.

As Niall said, a track isn't the best solution as it's likely to be cold and/or wet, and it is probably going to be expensive enough for everyone that close to Christmas, and track time isn't going to make it any cheaper.
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 08:26 PM)Niall Wrote: chris i think youve got the wrong image of this place mate......i dont remember a single person sitting there revving there cars last year. as far as i remember it, we were a very friendly, respectable bunch (well to the general public anyway)

a track will cost us money and make it less appealing plus there will be less to do in the evenings. also, what with it being december, the weather probably wont be any good for a track day...would hate for someone to have a binned car as a christmas present! especially ed seeing as he runs spec 2s as winter tyres......

Christmas must be just in time for another write off!
Thanks given by:
Ha ha awaits a thread of a blaze 306 binned on the motorway
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(scott will murder me for this)

.nets meet last year was epic for the reason we want this one to be.
I turned up knowing 2 people...chris and jonny (and i only met jonny that morning because i invited my self round for a bacon sandwich!) and by the time we got to the bar that evening and had a pint or 2, felt like i had known everyone for years. Was a epic meet because of the people and tbh the most boring bit was probably the saturday standing around in the cold, hungover/drunk looking at cars. christmas isnt really a time for car meets, its about seeing the people you havent seen since summer shows and meeting new members that have only just joined!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
OK track was just an idea.

I know its a chance to meet up and have a piss up but most of us are only here for the 306s.
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 08:37 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: OK track was just an idea.

I know its a chance to meet up and have a piss up but most of us are only here for the 306s.

a 306 track day is a good idea but wrong time of year i think

dont agree that its only about the 306s. Think this clubs biggest attribute is that everyone gets on so well. been a member of lots of car clubs and lots are very hostile compared to this one!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 08:40 PM)Niall Wrote:
(09-09-2012, 08:37 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: OK track was just an idea.

a 306 track day is a good idea but wrong time of year i think

dont agree that its only about the 306s. Think this clubs biggest attribute is that everyone gets on so well. been a member of lots of car clubs and lots are very hostile compared to this one!

Honestly couldn't care about the cars to be honest! Have made a lot of friends on the forum that I can talk to about things not related to the cars at all, and yeah we are meeting up because of a common point but everyone knows the cars - but don't necessarily know each other as well!
Thanks given by:
Ok let me put it like this.

From a new member POV are you likely to turn up to a car meet with people youve never met during the day in a large public car park where you can bugger off home as and when you like - Probably.

Are you likely to turn up to a night time drinking thing with some randoms youve never met off the internet and go out and get trollied and not be able to make a swift exit cos your too pissed to drive - Probably not.
Thanks given by:
...if they needed/wanted to make a swift exit the better plan would be to not drink, surely?
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 08:47 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Ok let me put it like this.

From a new member POV are you likely to turn up to a car meet with people youve never met during the day in a large public car park where you can bugger off home as and when you like - Probably.

Are you likely to turn up to a night time drinking thing with some randoms youve never met off the internet and go out and get trollied and not be able to make a swift exit cos your too pissed to drive - Probably not.

normally id agree with you mate but going off of last year...as i said i knew no one but genuinely felt comfortable after about half hour of being there. as said this is a great group of people and i think new members will pick up on that

/gay moment over
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306OC Christmas Meet 2018 Eeyore 3 4,848 16-11-2018, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Christmas Meet - X/X December 2018 - Discussion Thread Eeyore 21 18,822 11-11-2018, 08:11 PM
  306oc Christmas Meet 2017 - 2nd/3rd December - Coventry Eeyore 26 22,155 01-12-2017, 06:52 PM