306oc Christmas & 1st Birthday Meet - 01/12/12 - Reading

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306oc Christmas & 1st Birthday Meet - 01/12/12 - Reading
Hey guys & girls,

We've been making some plans for our Christmas and 1st Birthday meet behind the scenes for a little while now, and we thought we'd stick a thread up early to confirm one of three dates for the meet so we can get together numbers and prices for hotels and activities.

The provisional location (I say provisional, it's VERY likely to be held here, providing we don't have lots of people disagreeing) is Reading. It's fairly central for most of the Southern, West country, Midlands etc.

It'd be great to have a big turnout for this considering it's going to be our first birthday Smile It'd be great for us to catch up with everyone and thank you all for making the first year absolutely epic Heart

We'll also be handing out some of the Forum Awards ninja

The dates are multiple choice, so if you can make more than one, select as appropriate.

Here are the final details for the meet

Dates
Saturday 1st and 2nd of December (although a lot of members will go there friday for drinks

Premiere Inn
Reading (Caversham Bridge)
Richfield Avenue
Reading
Berkshire
England
RG1 8EQ

Hotel Details
http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/REABA...ham-bridge

As usual there will be a pub/harvester type place with the hotel for dinners etc.

The short version:
Saturday 01/12/12:
11am - Meet in either of the three car parks listed above
1pm - Forum awards will be handed out!
2-3pm - aim to go for lunch
5-6pm - most likely heading back to rooms to prepare for the night out
7.30pm - head into town for food and the rest of the night out

Thanks given by:
so, what are the three possible dates?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
^this. I'll be there!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
ooohhhhh now i see.

well, either of those dates is fine for me ATM, ill reserve voting till later.

Thanks given by:
And by Reading you of course mean PLAYZONE?
Thanks given by:
Vote for whichever date is best, or if all are good then vote for all 3 Smile

(09-09-2012, 07:29 PM)vlj Wrote: And by Reading you of course mean PLAYZONE?
Not playzone, but we're making enquiries ninja
Thanks given by:
ill check out when deadlines and whatnot will be, i finally made it into third year, dont want to f*ck it up now! lol

Thanks given by:

Omg I used to go there when I was 10....

Lol I'm well up for this meet
I'd have thought people would want to go beginning of month whilst people still have money
Earlier the better for me though.
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 07:30 PM)Scott Wrote: Vote for whichever date is best, or if all are good then vote for all 3 Smile

Not playzone, but we're making enquiries ninja

At a similar fun-filled environment suitable for adults who wish to pretend they are still able to jump all over the place and not strain every muscle in their body? Excellent.

By the way - I still ache.
Thanks given by:
Sweet wer good for all dates but would prefer the two dec dates, i will be there regardless, I think you should just say a location/hotel and just make it final tbh mate, can be unfair but it will get this done and sorted and give people as much time to get sorted as poss, (my opinion )

But yeah im game, will be there regardless

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 07:32 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote:

Omg I used to go there when I was 10....

Lol I'm well up for this meet
I'd have thought people would want to go beginning of month whilst people still have money
Earlier the better for me though.

It's still fun at 21!
Thanks given by:
What's the dates Iam on crapatalk though it don't really matter I'll be there reading is only down the road!!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Too far for me I'm afraid, I think Coventry was good where pugnets was last year.. Reading is a bit south for me I'm afraid Sad
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 07:42 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Too far for me I'm afraid, I think Coventry was good where pugnets was last year.. Reading is a bit south for me I'm afraid Sad

MTF you own a derv Big Grin and its a once a year thing, and this one is a once in a life time thing, OC's 1st bday, or get a train this meet isnt about the cars

Thanks given by:
^what he said.

Thanks given by:
I still hurt from playzone...was epic.

Scott i assume this will be a stay at a hotel for the night thing? in which case, id suggest if anyone has a problem with the location, pipe up now as hotels are cheaper to book now than nearer the time!

I will also say if you do have a problem with the location, dont just kick off about it. This forum was a fresh start and as such should be a fresh meet. Not just coventry like we were all used to for how ever many years. No offence to .net but this forum is not them and should be doing something different!
i can also vouch for reading is a very good place in terms of things to do and considering a big percentage of members are in the south, probably quite a central location. End of the day, your never ever going to please everyone in a national club but the best we can do is please the majority of people!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 07:42 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Too far for me I'm afraid, I think Coventry was good where pugnets was last year.. Reading is a bit south for me I'm afraid Sad

It's like 160 miles for you from Norfolk, in an HDi that's under half a tank there and back, even if you don't try to be economical!

Also agree with Niall, it's a long way for some but as most of you live down south..

Thanks given by:
And to backup what puglove said, it isnt really about the cars! Despite the fact i barely remember last years meet as i was far too drunk, it was mainly about the people and having a bloody good laugh!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
What the f*ck is playzone am I to big/old to play lol, you know how I like to show you younguns how it's done nial lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 07:53 PM)Jonny b Wrote: What the f*ck is playzone am I to big/old to play lol, you know how I like to show you younguns how it's done nial lol

Jonny YHPM
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
To add to Niall's point about hotels being cheaper, if Northern members worried about fuel/cars breaking down - booking the train is advance can make the trip really cheap, I booked the train to Bristol last year 2 months in advance and only cost me £22 return.
So obviously a good plan would be those who think they can make it get their decisions in and get stuff booked asap.
Thanks given by:
Well for any one who starts shouting about location i will refur you to this screen shot every time

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 07:57 PM)vlj Wrote: To add to Niall's point about hotels being cheaper, if Northern members worried about fuel/cars breaking down - booking the train is advance can make the trip really cheap, I booked the train to Bristol last year 2 months in advance and only cost me £22 return.
So obviously a good plan would be those who think they can make it get their decisions in and get stuff booked asap.

And to add to this, Reading is a main station for trains to come into and im happy to pick people up from there if they want to get the train. As said, its not about the cars. Its about getting together a good bunch of people and having a bloody good weekend!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Will there be cake?
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 07:57 PM)puglove Wrote: Well for any one who starts shouting about location i will refur you to this screen shot every time

Yeah, reading's pretty central. Well, that or Coventry....

Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 07:59 PM)Niall Wrote:
(09-09-2012, 07:57 PM)vlj Wrote: To add to Niall's point about hotels being cheaper, if Northern members worried about fuel/cars breaking down - booking the train is advance can make the trip really cheap, I booked the train to Bristol last year 2 months in advance and only cost me £22 return.

And to add to this, Reading is a main station for trains to come into and im happy to pick people up from there if they want to get the train. As said, its not about the cars. Its about getting together a good bunch of people and having a bloody good weekend!

And to add to this, if there's enough time I will probably get the train as well as it will be cheaper, if we are going out I don't want to have to worry about my car/driving/parking/breaking down..
We went to Playzone in a KA and that didn't affect the night!

Guessing for almost everyone the first 2 weekends of December are going to be best though!
Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 07:59 PM)declantg Wrote: Will there be cake?

If mrs midnight comes along!

And jonny, coventry was good but we need to separate our selfs from .net. Nothing wrong with them but were a different club and need to do different things!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 07:53 PM)Jonny b Wrote: What the f*ck is playzone am I to big/old to play lol, you know how I like to show you younguns how it's done nial lol

Its a place which has a few slides in there and some ball pits and Spinny things
Its a kids play zone that I used to go to occasionally when I was 8 haha

@ JJ its only an extra 60 miles there and back. Man up :-) or get a lift
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Vaughn your welcome to drive to mine and hop in with me but reading is only 30 miles more from mine
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(09-09-2012, 08:01 PM)Niall Wrote: And jonny, coventry was good but we need to separate our selfs from .net. Nothing wrong with them but were a different club and need to do different things!

I was being sarcastic about Coventry lol Reading is great!

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306OC Christmas Meet 2018 Eeyore 3 4,843 16-11-2018, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Christmas Meet - X/X December 2018 - Discussion Thread Eeyore 21 18,812 11-11-2018, 08:11 PM
  306oc Christmas Meet 2017 - 2nd/3rd December - Coventry Eeyore 26 22,136 01-12-2017, 06:52 PM