Renew top mount bearings?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Renew top mount bearings?
As those who have seen my other thread I am fitting some Apex sports dampers on the front to match the back ones and I would like to sort out as much as possible so I am deciding whether or not to renew the top mount bearings. They cost about £15 each so it's not a decision I would take lightly and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the current ones but I've never driven a car with new ones fitted. Also while I am at it does anyone know if there is a way to remove the drop links WITHOUT breaking them or shall I just pop the joints for the sake of speed and £10 extra?
Thanks given by:
Plenty of breaking fluid and decent tools. You're still not guaranteed to keep them in one piece, but it'll improve your chances. Personally i'd replace them anyway since you're in there.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
New top mounts, new drop links, job jobbed
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Id get new top mount bearings and drop links as drop links are regularly rusted solid or round off and top mount bearings will sometimes split and spill their balls everywhere when taken apart.

I know your a bit tighter than I am but I try and fit new top mount rubbers when Im doing it too as then the whole lot it new
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which top-mount bearings? Pipps 13 3,243 27-02-2013, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Curt