f*cking compbrake top mounts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
f*cking compbrake top mounts
Mine are the same as Jamie's, the same as a couple of sets I have seen on the gti6 site, as for pics I'll believe it when I see it ha ha

Cheers ed lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Jonny has the same ones as me. If they don't line up, just drill a hole in the top mount, tap it then bobs your uncle.
Thanks given by:
Mark you got pics of yours fitted? Preferebly without the strut brace
Thanks given by:
I dont get it, why do they supply ones without holes round the full circumference? surely that's easier to fit and gives way more adjustability anyway?
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
I know the ones ed is talking about and they definitely don't look like them lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
No just with the strut brace in place.
Thanks given by:
Maybe mr compbrake can shed some light!! Or are they just piss and wind, Jamie obviously didn't get sorted, it's disgracefull that they can get away with selling a product that is supposedly a direct fit when it quite clearly isn't

Also the fact that people have got different products for the Same aplication
Thanks given by:
When I got daveyboy to fit mine, he said they are not direct fit.

He was the only person I knew who had fitted them on the six forum. I think I will be getting rid of mine soon and going back to standard. Or if I get a good job spend £250+ on a direct set. Either the baker ones or the home made Russian guys ones on the 6 forum.

These just aren't getting on with my golds.
Thanks given by:
Wish I had got the standard top mount cups now, it's a f*cking disgrace, they are quite happy to take your money!! It's not f*cking hard to make a top mount with the same f*cking holes as the original
Thanks given by:
I've got some spare top cups jonny
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
It's because they are universal top mounts.
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2012, 09:44 AM)Pompey306mark Wrote: It's because they are universal top mounts.

Then why the f*ck do they sell em as 306 specific? Trading standards

(08-09-2012, 09:44 AM)Connor Wrote: I've got some spare top cups jonny

How much bud?
Thanks given by:
What ever it costs to post em mate
Thanks given by:
What coils and top mounts you running Connor? Cheers mate I'll pm you my addy, got a brand new set of bilstein top mounts sat here so I guess I'll be using em now lol

Anyone want to buy a set of 306 top mounts? adjustable ones that don't f*cking fit a 306 lol
Thanks given by:
I just had standard top mounts on my Gaz's
Thanks given by:
And the spare cups you have are for standard top mounts bud?
Thanks given by:
Yeah theyre for standard top mounts, as when I bought them I didnt see them in the box, so rang the bloke up and he was really sound and said hed send me some out, but then realised they were in the box lol
Thanks given by:
Ha ha sweet let me know what you want fella!
Thanks given by:
Ill get to the post office monday, cant be assed to go now, shuts at 12 Tongue
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2012, 10:09 AM)Connor Wrote: Ill get to the post office monday, cant be assed to go now, shuts at 12 Tongue

Drive up and I'll feed ya lol
Thanks given by:
Haha if only I hadnt of been fed sausage sarnies for breakfast already Tongue
Thanks given by:
I meant cider lol its one of your 5 a day you know ha ha
Thanks given by:
You dont have to tell me that its one of my 5 a day Tongue
Thanks given by:
Just sack these crap fitting ones off and buy the bakerbm ones that actualy fit properly.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'll just dig into my magic pot of money ha ha spent a fecking fortune last couple of months, just going to go back to standard top mounts I think
Thanks given by:
Only a few hours late but see below!

I'll do my best to jack it up at some point tomorrow and get some photos from underneath.

I'm really not sure what the hell's going on with Compbrake supplying different models of top mount but send them a photo of mine from my Diablo project thread and just tell them to send you a pair of those! should be fine then!

and Chris dont be a tool, the baker ones are £220+vat excluding bearings sleeve nuts and top cups, my Compbrake ones came asssembled with my gaz coilies, fit with no modification at all and cost £94...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Sell me your other cups jonny Big Grin

And yes mine still havent had mine sorted keep getting fobbed off TBH and im ringing him every week, even my mrs is loosing the plot with it and it isnt her problem lol, but im remaining optimistic and hoping Iain comes through for me, (seems to be a top bloke) as im not butchering holes into my 38k gti shell! also i dont like the minimal amount of mount thats touching the front of the strunt housing, fingers crossed,

Oh and my top mounts are currently shot to shit, i had to replace my split one with a lesser but still f*cked one Sad

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
So are you only using 1 of the original holes ed looks like you are using the hole for the locator pin on the standard mounts
Thanks given by:
(08-09-2012, 04:28 PM)Jonny b Wrote: So are you only using 1 of the original holes ed looks like you are using the hole for the locator pin on the standard mounts

Hes not using the locater holes, and hes not using all the holes the OE ones use, but all the holes he is using are holes that were already there prior to fitting

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Hhhmmmnn may have to measure up the other holes I was just measuring up original mount points, though have to say I don't like the bolt points on yours ed, seems like nothing holding one side
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  compbrake quickshift fitting / adjustment zx_volcane 5 1,619 10-03-2016, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  compbrake adjustable top mounts philip r 5 1,503 25-07-2015, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Pompey306mark
  306 Compbrake Eccentric Top Mounts Eeyore 6 1,437 02-10-2014, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Eeyore