The Broken Golf - VAG Fails Inside!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Broken Golf - VAG Fails Inside!
Lol Matt, Tongue

And Ruan, I said it can happen to any pd theoretically, but is more common in the 150s. And yeah I can see where the noise comes from now, its just not as bad looking as I expected for some reason. Also lol at those filings....missed them on that last night lol.
Thanks given by:
Update in the last post.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
That's such a misleading photo! It's not stuck down at all it moves when the engine.e is turned, the 'crack' on the top is the cam lobe with the lifter reflecting in it lol. That's in the down position where its meant to be. It's that end that is noisy but its the inlet that's the noisy one (couldnt get a pic) that exhaust one doesn't look too bad in the flesh, very scored but not rushed yet.

Dished not rushed.

Dished not rushed.

Dished not rushed.
Thanks given by:
That cam and those lifters are all completely f*cked.
Thanks given by:
I know that now Ripp! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Reconned heads look like £300 on eBay.

Why not take the plunge, then sell it straight on?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
fix it and sell it tom. itll save you thehassle of breaking it and someone is much more likely to buy it!
Thanks given by:
It gets to the point where you can't throw any more money at a car. I shouldn't have changed the turbo in hindsight. Can't change what I've done or spent now though.
Thanks given by:
Funny, the same thing happened with the 1.8T when that was running 180bhp. Wait, no it didn't.

F*ck VAG Tom, seriously. I'm back in a £250 306 and I'm infinitely happier. Stop fretting over colour, spec and age, just get a decent diesel 306, enjoy driving again and sit back and count the money you're saving!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
f*ck diesel. Wink

And I'm certainly not getting another mk4 lol....can't say I wouldn't like a brand new A3 though. Tongue
Thanks given by:
From what you say, you can barely afford to run any car, so why get a petrol that you can never afford to drive?
Thanks given by:
Well this is all very typically VAG isnt it!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2012, 09:12 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: From what you say, you can barely afford to run any car, so why get a petrol that you can never afford to drive?

Meh, I keep throwing money atsupposedly economical cars, that just break more than non Eco ones and end up costing the same in the end anyway, might aswell have just got a decent petrol in the first place. Unfortunately, whatever I get tomorow, it will only be a stop gap though.
Thanks given by:
now's the time to get a proper car tom, either a HDi or an XUD.

Get a 6 when you can afford it.. if you still want to after owning a derv 306
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
It probably won't he a 306 in all honesty.....sod all round here and no one to give me a lift anywhere so it'll just be whatevers cheap and close tbh.
Thanks given by:
Just get an XUD Tom! VAG diesels are economical until they go wrong, then any saving in fuel is wiped out by a new cam, DPF, DMF or turbo...

If you must have a VAG, get an old VAG diesel, ie the 90/110 pre-PD TDI engine, or even the old 1.6TD with the Bosch VE. Just as economical as a PD, but far simpler and tougher. Mk3 Golf, Vento, B3/B4 Passat, Audi A3/A4...

I'd love a B3 Passat estate with the 1.6TD, running veg and slammed on coilies and Borbets Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I don't want another vag lol Undecided
Thanks given by:
Tom stop being silly & think seriously, what is the point in getting another car just cause it's close & cheap. You're turning into me!

You know if you end up in something like the 106 you will just moan for a few weeks & sell it again.

Countless people have offered you lifts bud, just find a HDI & get a lift. You'll be sorted then

JJ
Thanks given by:
The idea of getting something close and cheap is because I need a car today - Decs at work, rowells at work or boats or something...so there isn't anyone else to give me a lift at short notice. Plus I was borrowing the money until the golf sold, this was a downsizing excersize as I was guaranteed 2k from the golf, spending a grand on a hdi woulda given me a spare grand....now that's not gonna happen I certainly can't afford that hdi in colchester. Evetythings a bit f*cked now in all honesty, most of my money was in that car. If I'm up before mums bf leaves I might ask to go on his insurance on the zr for the week, but I don't think that's gonna happen either.
Thanks given by:
Just moved it off my drive, couldn't be arsed to put the intake pipes back on.......sounds awesome haha, always wanted a V8! Big Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3i_5A-qG...e=youtu.be
Thanks given by:
Full tank of diesel there, gotta be worth a few quid to siphon off
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(07-09-2012, 06:02 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Full tank of diesel there, gotta be worth a few quid to siphon off

If I end up with another diesel it'll do nicely. Wink
Thanks given by:
just found this thread tom, after reading the one about the vectra,
what a nightmere pal, id say cut your losses tom and take what you can sell off it and scrap it,
or do what i did and sorce another engine if its gonna work out cheeper for you.
my 1st vvc engine would have costed about the price of a donor car or a replacement engine. to repair what the lady garden had done to it before selling it to me.
Thanks given by:
I can beat that!! I bought a mk2 fiesta ghiar, drove it 2 miles home and sold it to my next door neighbour for his daughter who had just passed her test paid 500 got 700 for it 15 mins later lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by: