plugy's 306 cabriolet 1.8s Tie-break green 2001

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
plugy's 306 cabriolet 1.8s Tie-break green 2001
Hi all

A while ago I made a few post's about getting a 306 cabriolet and finally found a good one and bought it (1st one I looked at).

3 previous owners, full year's mot (on purchase)
no service history (but building that up myself).
51k miles (genuine, having checked).

here's some photo's I took from a short time ago....

(pasted from 306cab.com forum)

My cab needs a few things and rather than posting various questions in another section, I thought I'd rather start a project thread.

It needs, 1 pininfarina badge (shield and wording) (spotted some for a 406 coupe, but unsure whether it will fit?)
It needs 1 switch for the drivers door car (electric mirror, and both front window switch) been offered one already.
could do with a small patch of crazing sorting out eventually on the drivers side rear lower quarter panel (around the pininfarina badge) and the scratch doing.
roof elastic may need attention (looking into that this weekend if the weather's good.)
cambelt, water pump, idler pulley, tensioners and auxillery belt doing for peace of mind.. not sure when it was done? (surely it will have been changed, its on 51k miles..)
once the cambelt is done.. I think a good service would be good the ignition shows the spanner and -0 symbol... so sounds like its been a while since it was done and not driven very much.

anyone know if the 406 coupe pininfarina badges fit the 306 cabriolet?

I'll get some pics up as and when I can.

Finally... some good weather, so early this morning I set about giving it a good clean and ended up going OTT

good wash and dry,
autoglym super resin polish
autoglym clay bar kit
and Mir high gloss car polish.

So... decided to get some photo's as promised

(this is also my first attempt at detailing) so let me know what you think

ENJOY!

[Image: DSCF2353.jpg]

[Image: DSCF2421.jpg][Image: DSCF2423.jpg][Image: DSCF2424.jpg][Image: DSCF2425.jpg][Image: DSCF2426.jpg][Image: DSCF2427.jpg][Image: DSCF2428.jpg][Image: DSCF2432.jpg][Image: DSCF2436.jpg]

£975 lol

done a few little jobs, got some little things to do, but loving it!

Rob
Thanks given by:
Nice! Looks to be in really good condition Smile
Thanks given by:
Cabbies FTW

I went to look at one of that colour with the tan leather interior! Lush! Unfortunately it was a deathtrap....
Thanks given by:
Looks good mate, would really like a cabby in that green Big Grin

Where abouts are you from? i think i recognize the location in the pics :/

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Looks smart i nearly bought a phase 1 cabby but it had so many issues
Looks really smart that.
Thanks given by:
Very nice dude, nice colour
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Didnt you use to have a hatch this colour sam?............................ lmao

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
[Image: 4703205c-1d0d-4c24-bc74-35f7e36eb12a]
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the kind comments guys Smile

and I'm located in Castleford - photo's taken at the side of the river aire
the other photo's were taken at ledston hall (near sherburn in elmet).

I love the cabby.. and handling LOL seriously P*ssed my mate's off (zetec S fiesta's).
with the roof down it's great unless your going 65mph+ then it becomes a bit windy lol

fixed a couple of jobs, including the glovebox lid (the top clip on the right hand side was "only" just catching on the latch.. and the lock didn't work (glovebox lid lock barrel came out! so.. sorted that out, found I've got a leak somewhere

Washed the car this morning - sorted the glovebox this afternoon, found water sat on the carpet mat on the passenger side.. not sure what it could be -

hi all,

I washed my cabby this morning and later this afternoon decided to take a look at the glovebox lock (barrel came out the other day with the key?) so.. opened the passenger door to find water sat on the car mat in the footwell. (carpet of the car, completely dry?)
so.. carried on, took the glovebox completely out. had a fiddle with the lock, got that working (so the glovebox now locks and no longer hangs down on the top right hand side).
removed the piece of trim tidy (under the dash, behind the glovebox) to find a bunch of wires and what I presume is the heater blower?) - had a look around to see where this water was coming from, as I put my hand up there, a few drop's of water fell down.
none of the wiring harness is wet, nor is the heater blower motor.. the water droplet's dropped through without hitting anything. I've checked the water level and that hasn't gone down, so doubt it is the heater matrix (although.. when the car has been stood overnight for example, I turn the key as it's just starting I can hear what sounds like water sloshing about behind the dash?
the water level hasn't dropped anyway. checked the two big drain holes under the bonnet.. both clean (having cleaned them out completely only a couple of weeks ago).

not sure what it could be, are there anymore drainage holes on the scuttle panel or anything? the two bigger ones inner either corner of the inner wing's are both clean.

Thanks in advance

rob
Thanks given by:
Your problem unfortunately sounds like the heater matrix has sprung a leak and given up on life as a watertight heater matrix. The bad news is that it's a dashboard out jobby, but the good news is that you get to spend an entire weekend working on your beloved 306! Oh joy.

Otherwise it looks quite nice! I had one of these, found the handling to be similar to a hatch but when pushed it did have chronic unsersteer and didn't steer on the throttle quite as well! Lovely cruiser though.

Good luck with the matrix!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Thanks C.A.R

I had another look earlier, the plastic blob (that at first looks like a screw) on the bottom of the heater blower? (directly behind the glovebox) well... around that fake screw was still damp 8 hours after washing it..

since buying it, I've noticed when it's been stood i.e overnight and I start it up the following day, there's a kinda "gurgle" of water noise behind the dash somewhere that lasts only a second or two.
The coolant level hasn't gone down (first thing I checked when finding water in the footwell).

might be best if I take some pics tomorrow.

It's a nice cruiser with the top down in the sun! (and still nice even when it's throwing it down lol)

It does seem to handle very well Smile not that do that sort of driving very often though.

Thanks

rob
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2012, 01:16 PM)puglove Wrote: Didnt you use to have a hatch this colour sam?............................ lmao

nope, mine was venetian Tongue

and still is! for now
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Peugeot 306 1.4 Lx Nausicaa Green. ( Venetian Green) Herby7 27 14,070 02-11-2015, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Redordead89