Common rattle points

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Common rattle points
Getting a lil annoying with rattling now, it was getting to a point where I had a different rattle throughout the rpm range. solved most now, such as loose rear quarter windows and the cd player frame just sliding itself out, exhaust banging on bumper.

However one remains, it seems to live under the steering wheel somewhere any idea on common rattle points in these cars?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
In French...... The whole thing rattles.

Have you checked the bolts on the rack?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
nuts rattling in a bag below the steering cowl?
Thanks given by:
Will take a look under the steering wheel when I get out of work, didn't know if it was something common like a bolt behind the steering clocks or something

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
i find theres a spot between the front bumper and the back bumper that rattles...
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Sunroof for me and is very annoying.

Thanks given by:
I've given up trying to stop rattles. When one is sorted another will suddenly appear..
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Strip the car then see what rattles. Everything!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
open the sunroof and completly fill the car with superglue

It'll still rattle.....
Thanks given by:
To stop the sun roof rattle. Get some little plastic discs like you get on the bottom of electrical item and stick them to the flap at the front of the sunroof.

My most annoying rattle at the moment is coming from the boot.
Thanks given by:
(29-08-2012, 03:08 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: To stop the sun roof rattle. Get some little plastic discs like you get on the bottom of electrical item and stick them to the flap at the front of the sunroof.

Repd thanks mate Smile

Thanks given by:
I forgot about rattles, being so long since owning a 306. Tongue

The worst one was the dash rattle after a new windscreen in my 1.4, so annoying!

As for steering wheel area rattle, might be something in your steering cowling, was a coin in my 1.8s cowl rattling around lol, might even be the cowling itself, take it off and see what happens.....
Thanks given by:
I've had one really annoying me these last couple of days, turned out to be the boot catch mechanism securing bolts were nearly out!
Great feeling getting it sorted, now to find the rest of them!
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
Check the screws that go into the boot plastic cover bit on the boot lid. They always come loose.
Thanks given by:
(29-08-2012, 01:34 PM)samass Wrote: i find theres a spot between the front bumper and the back bumper that rattles...

Hahaha! Smile
Thanks given by:
(30-08-2012, 08:33 PM)SRowell Wrote: Check the screws that go into the boot plastic cover bit on the boot lid. They always come loose.

had a quick look yesterday, one of the screws was pretty much out the hole and a few of the others were just full on missing lol

Thanks given by:
Mine's not actually that bad for rattles etc, especially considering how low and French it is
Thanks given by:
picky, but when i close the boot, the hi level brake light rattles, Idea sileconed it today = silence Cool
Thanks given by:
Mine doesn't really rattle at all and it's done 236K miles.

Occasionally my centre dash vents like to rattle, cured by pointing them full down, but other than that she makes no noise.

Parcel shelf used to make noise, so i added bigger speakers to weigh it down lol. Fan occasionally squeaks but 3in1 oil always shuts that up for a year at a time.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
i get a whine from the pasengers side ! but it stops when i ask her to get out
Thanks given by:
^ lmao
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exhaust rattle - how many clamps should there be? Charlie0 6 4,106 24-02-2019, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Eeyore
  manual window winder rattle, help! OMEGAxCC 3 2,172 23-05-2018, 06:10 PM
Last Post: OMEGAxCC
  Common AC Problems. Smiley69 3 1,290 16-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Smiley69