Pointless topic is pointless.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pointless topic is pointless.
Check it out blood.

I have a Corsa now with an undeclared 300bhp engine crammed in. Not like I need to declare an engine swap innit? Wikkid, yeah.

Bloody hell... Itwasntme
[Image: MIRKxNP.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Very nice!

I've been looking at mx-5 recently and really want one! What are the plans for it?
Thanks given by:
Have you driven it yet? They handle brilliantly...
Thanks given by:
Needs a v8! lol
Thanks given by:
get a hard top. i saw one today and it looked epic!
Thanks given by:
Very tempted by an MX5 as a second car, fancied a mk1 MR2 but they're pretty rare and when you find one it's made of rust and filler lol
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
nice, have fun with tat round aberdeen in te winter, my sisters ones a great laugh!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I just sold m reg one of these, Loved it thought it was great fun. Gears feel brilliant. good fun
Thanks given by:
Not my fav car, but yours was cool thorn.. bit tail happy lol
GUMBALL3000's MOODY 306D TURBO PHASE-1 WORK IN PROGRESS
Thanks given by:
Don't worry about using it in the winter, as long as it is well treated against rust. Seriously they're fine in a bit of light snow, they're light enough that you probably won't get stuck.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Don't put it away for winter! The Mx5 in the snow was probably one of the most fun driving experiences i've had. Just take it steady and its all good.
Thanks given by:
Just got a classic insurance quote on one today, £288 Smile
Thanks given by:
The eunos (import) has the safe engine I believe so no nasty bills when the belt goes Smile
Thanks given by:
Epic , i love them! its got to be the manlyest hair dressers car going purly for how low you can get them coupled with how side ways you can get themBig Grin

#jealous

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
One of the guys I went to the nurburgring had one of these 1.8 turbo'd made 230bhp and was amazing!
Thanks given by:
One of the chaps on mx5nutz got a reliable 300bhp out of a 1.8 on standard internals, fooking mental!

Both 1.6 and 1.8 are non-interference engines so no contact between valves and pistons should the belt snap...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
Hehehe.

I picked it up at 8pm last night and drove 25 miles through the countryside in the dark, in the full moon, with the roof down. EPIC.

I plan to get hold of a cheap hard top at some point and maybe some OEM wheels.

Last night the left rear caliper was a bit sticky, it actually smelled of burning! A few good jabs of the brakes this morning sorted it right out though. Big Grin

I actually have an ebay sniper site set up for a hardtop that ends tomorrow lunch time. It looks like it might go cheap! It's silver, but it's only in Ayrshire, so it's an excuse for a road trip at the weekend! I think silver should look alright with the red though.
Thanks given by:
Guess I should update this thread.

I've removed the front numberplate surround and got a hardtop for it. Big Grin

[Image: T5us8.jpg]

[Image: 5WK2V.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Massive Lows + poke + camber = Epic win Big Grin

Thanks given by:
(18-09-2012, 05:59 PM)puglove Wrote: Massive Lows + poke + camber = Epic win Big Grin

But you'll ruin the handling and spoil the car and scene is crap and oooowwwww geometry and I hate stance

/C.A.R lol
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Na these things are made for stance. Spend a little extra and you could stance it and keep the handling by uprating eles where

Thanks given by:
Yea I agree, slam the f*ck out of it and screw the handling.

This is the girliest MX5 ever to exist and lets be honest it takes a lot of money to make one look good.

Pop-up lights FTW.
Thanks given by:
had a wild fancy for 1 of these a while ago have seen a couple of them stanced look amazing also theres few drift 1s on youtube that look cool as best of luck with it
[Image: 306sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'M NOT STANCING IT OR DRIFTING IT FOR f*ck'S SAKE.

Gah!
Thanks given by:
pointless owning it

If you dont do either of them its just a hair dressers car lmao

Thanks given by:
(21-09-2012, 04:49 PM)puglove Wrote: pointless owning it

Unless he turbo's it. Then it's worth it.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(21-09-2012, 04:43 PM)me-tm Wrote: I'M NOT STANCING IT OR DRIFTING IT FOR f*ck'S SAKE.

Gah!

Ah im not the only person who feels like this then! TMI
Thanks given by:
I don't mean to be 'that' guy but...

Get out of your wobbly French wrong wheel drive shopping trolleys and try a proper car. Tongue

Also, when did Dan get a fagwagon too?
Thanks given by:
Sorry but standard 306 > standard mx5.

Handling-wise, that is.

Dump another £1,000 in the Mazda and that would be dramatically reversed.

Unfortunately as standard an MX5 is much, much more wobbly when compared to an old French can like a 306. We have a roof for a start. The MX5 needs strengthening, at least with a front strut-brace and a rear strut brace (or half-cage). Otherwise it flexes. Also, at present you can't take much advantage of the RWD, as yours is very, very unlikely to have an LSD. This means that it will just spin one wheel up and whilst you can have fun on wet roundabouts by lifting and going to fast, you can do that in a 306 just as easily!

Finally, standard suspension. The MX5 looks sporty, but the bread and butter models (ie the non-ltd editions) rocking stock setups are built for comfort, not sportiness - the target audience is people who are 40+ who want a weekend car with a drop-top.

Seriously, you have a good base car, but it's missing a lot of ingredients yet. If it were a cookie, you just have the baking tray on which to cook it right now.
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2012, 12:31 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: Sorry but standard 306 > standard mx5.

Handling-wise, that is.

Lolwhut?

The 306 is the best handling family hatchback of its class, and one of the best handling FWD cars ever, but better than an MX5? Don't be daft.

Yes, I know you had one but if it could be outhandled by a 306 it was broken. Your not just talking about outright cornering speed are you? If so you miss the point of an MX5...
Thanks given by: