NEW Toyota 86GT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW Toyota 86GT
Sod it, stick a proper scooby lump in it, like the type 25? 415bhp 420lbft. Mmmmmmm *drool*
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

[Image: Untitled.png]
Thanks given by:
Why is it so difficult though?

The Megane 265, Astra VXR, Focus ST, Golf GTI etc all meet those same standards, but are FWD.

Everyone thinks this is a grounds-up sportscar engineered by Subaru and funded by Toyota, but it isn't really. It's a Subaru Impreza without the 4wd and the front wishbones flipped over (ok it's more complicated than that, but in a nutshell...)

Yet they want £24,995 BASIC for this thing. BASIC!! Add some options and it rapidly creeps towards 370Z money. Bigger, more brutal, usable power, tuning potential...

RE emissions, the GT86 has a shocking score. It's uneconomical on fuel and actually chucks out a lot of CO2. Chuck a few more quid in the pot and get a better equipped BMW 1 series coupe 125i M Sport, with the same emissions, but a f*ck-off 3 liter engine.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Agree with Chris on this one. A wasted opportunity. Maybe they will release a 'sport' version with a turbo fitted to it and turn into a good car.

styling wise its not a looker, interior looks and feels cheap. Out of the two I'd pick the toyota version as it has stiffer rear suspension so it will be easier to get sideways. But tbh I wouldnt buy either.
Thanks given by:
And all the cars you have mentioned there are as boring as hell!
And you really do seem to be basing this on power. Yes you could get a 1 series but firstly, you would be like every other young cocky estate agent in a cheap suit and fake ray bans who thinks his shit don't stink and secondly, they do not handle.....oh and they look shit but I'm sure you will disagree with me on that.

Cars are becoming boring. There are no longer any basic, light, fun, go round corners on rails cars but occasionally you do get something that stands out as being some of them things and I reckon this could be one. And nice thing is, it's a Toyota so will be pretty bullet proof unlike the BMW!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(24-08-2012, 03:08 PM)Niall Wrote: And nice thing is, it's a Toyota so will be pretty bullet proof unlike the BMW!

Well......as long as the acellerator doesn't jam anyway.... Confused
Thanks given by:
(24-08-2012, 03:08 PM)Niall Wrote: And all the cars you have mentioned there are as boring as hell!
And you really do seem to be basing this on power. Yes you could get a 1 series but firstly, you would be like every other young cocky estate agent in a cheap suit and fake ray bans who thinks his shit don't stink and secondly, they do not handle.....oh and they look shit but I'm sure you will disagree with me on that.

Cars are becoming boring. There are no longer any basic, light, fun, go round corners on rails cars but occasionally you do get something that stands out as being some of them things and I reckon this could be one. And nice thing is, it's a Toyota so will be pretty bullet proof unlike the BMW!

I agree, the Bimmer looks like a noddy car, but looks aside, it's got so much more performance than the GT86, not just power. It's going to be more supple, just as economical, more refined, just as reliable, more comfortable...

The FA20 is peaky as fook, a bit like a VTec lump only not as good. Thirsty, with power that you really have to work hard to get, whilst all those estate agents blast past you in their 320d's on the motorway slip-road.

Cars are boring, it's true. It's the European nannies ruining everything, emissions, safety, noise etc.

If I won a large amount of money tomorrow I honestly don't know what sportscar I would buy. The GTR is mega-money, the new Elise is now much more expensive than it's predecessors (albeit a lot quicker).

It's fecking bleak.
Go to Autotrader. Select 'Search New' and then select 'Coupe' from the drop down.
Hardly any are sportscars under £30k.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Save up for a veyron.........
Thanks given by:
Have you ever been in a 1 series? The seats are like concrete, the suspension is rock hard considering it really doesn't handle very well and they really are not fast.
Oh and despite this whole "oh it's German there fore its reliable" that seems to be bollocks. If you told me that a BMW built in 2000 was well built and reliable, I'd probably agree. Now, there cheap and nasty.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Your problem Chris is that you're breaking down the choice of car into a mathematical equation. Power, torque, 0-60, top speed, lateral G, price, mpg, all those things mean f*ck all, if they did no-one would have ever bought an MX5...

What matters is the sensation of driving, how a car drives. A BMW 330D has 200bhp, a 1000cc Mini has 40bhp, which s more fun?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I think it looks great. Saw one today in the flesh and then saw the advert on TV. They look stunning so i was a bit surprised to see the spec of the engines available. Im sure something a bit hotter will turn up soon!
Thanks given by:
There making 86 limited edition models for next year but I don't think they're any more powerful. :/
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Stick a 2JZ in it like Aasbo did?
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by: