injectors

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
injectors
Might sound stupid but are the injectors the same that you use for a lusac and a bosch or are they the same? If different can you use any or doesn't that matter?
Thanks given by:
Lucas injectors are different to bosch ones.... With a lucas pump you use lucas injectors.. same with the bosch. if thats what you ment
Thanks given by:
A bosch pump will run fine with lucas injectors tho
Thanks given by:
Well I didn't know if the bosch were bigger and if so if you could just connect them to the lucas lines?
Thanks given by:
No because i think the firing order is different so you have to use the right lines.. but the injectors can be swapped and changed.. but you should use the right injectors really, for proper running.
Thanks given by:
They have different break pressures iirc
Thanks given by:
lucas are 155bar and bosch are 175bar AFAIK
[Image: sig-1.jpg]

106 Xud9 Conversion GtiD (2nd Engine Rebuild)
SOLD

Dan! Wrote:Want me to blow this one up for you aswel?
Thanks given by:
The bosch injectors as stated are 175bar, Lucas are 155bar break pressure....

The Bosch injectors will run much better in a Bosch pumped car, don't go swapping between the two - you can run a Bosch on Lucas injectors, it just makes for a shitty running engine since the higher break pressure retards the timing and there's worse atomization. I wouldn't go putting Bosch 175s on a Lucas pump, you're likely to just f*ck the pump... They're pretty weak from the factory.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by: