Niall's 2000 306 XS A.K.A Craig

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Niall's 2000 306 XS A.K.A Craig
It's got a new clutch in it anyway!
A 6 box would also need a new steering rack....bothered with that!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Someone i know found that on a certain engine other than a xu10j4rs, that the 6 gearbox didnt rub even without a 6 rack.
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Atterz Wrote:Someone i know found that on a certain engine other than a xu10j4rs, that the 6 gearbox didnt rub even without a 6 rack.

Don't see how because the block is the same size and in the same position so surely the box will be in he same place?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Could you not fit a poly bush to the ram on the nearside of the rack?
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
All youd have to do is weld a washer or to onto the hub
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Jonny b Wrote:Could you not fit a poly bush to the ram on the nearside of the rack?

Could do I suppose but might be a bit weird. Tbh my rack is leaking slightly anyway so it would be a good excuse to get a better condition one on there.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Do it!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks to cully I now have Hester dials that actually light up. And in the right colour!

[Image: 34ff49ee.jpg]

Bit of a poor photo. Will get one at night.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
My '6 box is available at a reasonable price... /blatantplug
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Dials look good! Wish my temp sensor worked!
Thanks given by:
Right fitted my gti6 brakes today. Haven't really driven it that much since but there not brilliant! It needs new pads (might of been nice if the seller could of mentioned this) so that might sort it out but at the moment my old 260s seemed better! Hopefully it's just crap on the discs and pads and will wear off on the drive tomorrow.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Are they bled properly?
Thanks given by:
Stop whinging! The discs need to clean off first before theyre gonna do anything effective. Drive my car, then your brakes will seem hench...
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:Are they bled properly?

Probably not

ninja

Wink
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Grant Wrote:Stop whinging! The discs need to clean off first before theyre gonna do anything effective. Drive my car, then your brakes will seem hench...

Tell us what, tomorrow, take it for a spin and you will see what I mean. The 260s were better but as said it could be crap on the discs. Might take a detoured route to Fiona's later! Haha
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Just brake a bit harder then normal to clean them!
Thanks given by:
Tbh bud if they are 2nd hand discs and pads they should be good after a quick blast round the block!! You sure they are bled properly
Thanks given by:
Jonny b Wrote:Tbh bud if they are 2nd hand discs and pads they should be good after a quick blast round the block!! You sure they are bled properly

Pretty sure. Doesn't feel spongy at all. Might give it another bleed tomorrow morning and see.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
did you bleed all 4? or just made sure you didnt empty the resevoir
Thanks given by:
Jonny b Wrote:did you bleed all 4? or just made sure you didnt empty the resevoir

Bled all 4 mate as I replaced the master cylinder anyway.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
hairy muff
Thanks given by:
Going to have a go at bleeding them again tomorrow morning. Just been on a drive (only 5 miles) and a few times I braked hard and it weren't brilliant! Had a go at locking them up down the missus road and only just managed to get the abs to kick in on a wet road!
Probably still air in there but it's difficult to tell as its all going to feel different to my old brakes anyway!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
what order did you do them in?
Thanks given by:
Rear near, rear off, front off, front rear. I've just thought about it and it should be rear off, rear near, front off, front near shouldn't it?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
haynes says 4wheel bosch should be left front/right front/left rear/right rear

but then it says if you have difficulty then try righttrear/ leftrear/ leftfront/ right front ha ha
Thanks given by:
Jonny b Wrote:haynes says 4wheel bosch should be left front/right front/left rear/right rear

but then it says if you have difficulty then try righttrear/ leftrear/ leftfront/ right front ha ha

This was the thought I just had as surely you would have to bleed it to the abs pump which is front near side.
There is a and bleed option on pug planet but I think all that does is activate the abs pump for a few seconds to get the air out of that!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
i would just go through it again bud f you changed th mc aswell, i have that kit here if you want to borrow it!
Thanks given by:
Jonny b Wrote:i would just go through it again bud f you changed th mc aswell, i have that kit here if you want to borrow it!

Nah got a few assistants to use. Don't like them 1 man bleed kits! Haha cheers anyway.
Doesn't help that the pads are shagged but should still be better than they are now! There about as good as my old 106 brakes lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
[Image: 47bbc6ad.jpg]

Sub and another amp installed. Now have all 4 speakers amped and it sounds great!
The sub is only a cheapy one but might replace it with a 10" in a smaller box soon.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Looks good bud bargain buy if you ask me ha ha
Thanks given by: