406 pump mods

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
406 pump mods
hi folks studied the guides and i am after more power so ....
i run veg oil
fitted turbo boost guage peaks at about 18 psi
bosch pump fitted but with armour over it so started with lda
pin grind .
i notice the side pin only comes out maybe 4mm or 5 mm so this would be the maximum it could achieve not matter what the pin shape .
so ground pin similar to pics on guide ...seems to have more power though turbo boost guage went only up 1 psi ...
removed the plastic washer to give more travel

so next i am thinking of altering pre load guide is saying to raise the spring seat height so that it needs more boost to actuate the lda pin ....some other guides are saying do the opposite... whats the theory behind this please

and again some people are saying scew the smoke screw inwards and some are saying outwards ...
cant get at my max fuel screw yet until i get around to removing armour
and getting at the turbo looks tricky to get more boost== is this possible without removing engine
bearing all this in mind is the governor mod worth doing ....
looking for as much power as i can get towing a caravan lol
tia phill west yorks denby dale area
Thanks given by:
Remove the max fuel tamper and screw her in. Have you adjusted the wastegate? If not jack the drivers side up,easiest wy to the turbo.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(13-08-2012, 09:39 PM)Anton Wrote: Remove the max fuel tamper and screw her in. Have you adjusted the wastegate? If not jack the drivers side up,easiest wy to the turbo.

armour still on the beast and looks hard to remove ===can i physically get at the turbo on a 406 from drivers side ....
Thanks given by:
Be careful if you're towing when turning up the fuel.... If the engine is smoking on boost, you've got a recipe for getting things VERY hot....

Remember - more fuel = more heat.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Screw the lda cap out so its just hanging on by a thread, this will adjust your off boost fuel.
What year 406 is it, pretty sure they share the same turbos as the 306 so adjustment will be the same. Although it will be much easier to just fit a MBC than fiddling with a 10+ year old wg
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
[quote='londondan86' pid='115824' dateline='1344936779']
Screw the lda cap out so its just hanging on by a thread, this will adjust your off boost fuel.
What year 406 is it, pretty sure they share the same turbos as the 306 so adjustment will be the same. Although it will be much easier to just fit a MBC than fiddling with a 10+ year old wg

on an s reg do u mean the screw thread that affects spring pre load or the smoke screw ....
phill

will i achieve the same results with an mbc or is fiddling with the waste gate better info needed
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LDA pins, Injector refurbs, Pump mods blah blah Dan! 91 81,360 29-06-2015, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Paul_13