Nick's Diablo 6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nick's Diablo 6
Well i thought after going to ace cafe last weekend i may aswell start this up. Bought it last year like this.
[Image: 100_0145.jpg]
[Image: 100_0142.jpg]
All standard apart form the scorpion back box.
Repalced the door pillars
[Image: 100_0163.jpg]
Then some rallye blanks were needed
[Image: 100_0160.jpg]
Thanks given by:
More photos and info to come when the computer stops throwing a wobbly!
Thanks given by:
Looks quite tidy that mate, got any plans for it?
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-08-2012, 06:15 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Looks quite tidy that mate, got any plans for it?

Thanks, well I've stuck a nissens rad in it and rewired the AC button for the fans. Also got some solid rear beam mounts, gear linkages and a spax psx suspension kit ready to fit, just gotta find a kind hearted soul to help me ha. Gonna order some new brakes all round and ounce all that's fitted il do the bodywork bits and then it will be onto the engine.
Thanks given by:
Looks clean mate, what mileage has it done?

What plans have you got for the engine or is it hush hush? Tongue
Thanks given by:
(11-08-2012, 07:33 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: Looks clean mate, what mileage has it done?

What plans have you got for the engine or is it hush hush? Tongue

It's just tipped over 100,000 but I got a company van so it's kept it down. Well as for the engine I'm thinking just some head work, over sized valves that sort of thing and I may have a look at some bodies if I can pursuade someone to sell them for the right price ha. But for what I paid for it I proberly won't bother selling and maybe eventually supercharge it, a while off yet but seems like a plan ha.
Thanks given by:
(11-08-2012, 07:44 PM)Claus1990 Wrote: It's just tipped over 100,000 but I got a company van so it's kept it down. Well as for the engine I'm thinking just some head work, over sized valves that sort of thing and I may have a look at some bodies if I can pursuade someone to sell them for the right price ha. But for what I paid for it I proberly won't bother selling and maybe eventually supercharge it, a while off yet but seems like a plan ha.

FYI the valves and head are supposedly good for up to 270 n/a flow-wise...

If you're charging it, people have had in excess of 400hp on the standard head and valves too.

Best mod to start with is cams and bodies if you're heading n/a, or a low-boost turbo or supercharger if youre going for boost...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(11-08-2012, 10:05 PM)Ed Doe Wrote:
(11-08-2012, 07:44 PM)Claus1990 Wrote: It's just tipped over 100,000 but I got a company van so it's kept it down. Well as for the engine I'm thinking just some head work, over sized valves that sort of thing and I may have a look at some bodies if I can pursuade someone to sell them for the right price ha. But for what I paid for it I proberly won't bother selling and maybe eventually supercharge it, a while off yet but seems like a plan ha.

FYI the valves and head are supposedly good for up to 270 n/a flow-wise...

If you're charging it, people have had in excess of 400hp on the standard head and valves too.

Best mod to start with is cams and bodies if you're heading n/a, or a low-boost turbo or supercharger if youre going for boost...

Ah right, well looks like I've got a lot to look into yet ha. I can't see any of that happen this year I need to find someone kind enough to help me fit my shiney bits first lol.
Thanks given by:
new bits waiting to be fitted
[Image: IMG_0023-1.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0072-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looking good mate and some nice looking bits to fit. I see your location is Cornwall. You going to come to the meet this afternoon?
Thanks given by:
(12-08-2012, 09:15 AM)nufc4frosty Wrote: Looking good mate and some nice looking bits to fit. I see your location is Cornwall. You going to come to the meet this afternoon?

I was highly tempted but it was slightly to far for me on such short notice, I'm all the down in the most southerly point of the country. But if another one pops up il look at going
Thanks given by:
Looks good mate. You got some good mods there to start with. It should transform the handling. I have recently fitted the beam mounts and they are fecking amazing Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(12-08-2012, 10:42 AM)puglove Wrote: Looks good mate. You got some good mods there to start with. It should transform the handling. I have recently fitted the beam mounts and they are fecking amazing Big Grin

Yea Ive heard some good things about them so looking forward to getting them on and the fact that the old ones are shot and the knocking is starting to do my head in ha
Thanks given by:
Right got a delivery this week and the plan was to get it all on before the MOT on monday
[Image: C8A9C480-4C91-4A61-A17B-2C73D4AC740B-346...F23FBF.jpg]
New rear disk on, nice and shiney ha
[Image: 5FD3E4F6-73AE-43EC-AFB2-6D05A2AE72E3-346...2BB0EA.jpg]
And the differnce in pads
[Image: 034E1996-8E8C-4DCC-B02C-A8AD02486957-346...698C9F.jpg]
Being the first time ive ever changed disks and pads it didnt go as smoothly as i hoped, for all those that havent done it before and have rear disks, dont let the pads get as low as mine! Took me 4 hours to just get the rears sorted and half of that was winding in the pistons! (bloody things).

Anyway i plan on doing the fronts today if this rain stops! Hopefully should be a lot quicker!
Thanks given by:
Ain't you done the fronts yet boy! Get cracking at this this rate you'll still be doing em when i come on holiday next ha ha
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2012, 07:45 AM)Jonny b Wrote: Ain't you done the fronts yet boy! Get cracking at this this rate you'll still be doing em when i come on holiday next ha ha

Yea yea, after all the f'ing and blinding with the rears last night i called it beer oclock and buggerd off indoors. Only so much one man can take in a day ha
Thanks given by:
Ha ha just take it steady and double check everything, give me a bell later if you need to
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2012, 08:00 AM)Jonny b Wrote: Ha ha just take it steady and double check everything, give me a bell later if you need to
will do
Thanks given by:
Really nice car mate will always have a soft spot for diablo's!
Don't know if it's just the photo angle/me, but your o/s rear wheel looks slightly cambered?
Thanks given by:
Diablos for gays! Tongue looks good mate, some good plans going on so far! Get the suspension on already, thinking thats the kit I'm going to go for need someone to review it for me lol
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Can I just enquire; when you were winding the rear pistons in, did you take the brake fluid reservoir cap off first? i had to replace the pads on one of my rears last weekend and managed the whole lot in about 20mins... I only had a chisel to wind the piston in too!
Thanks given by:
Yeh he did Ed! he's my nephew, spoke to Him about all that before hand
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2012, 10:27 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: Can I just enquire; when you were winding the rear pistons in, did you take the brake fluid reservoir cap off first? i had to replace the pads on one of my rears last weekend and managed the whole lot in about 20mins... I only had a chisel to wind the piston in too!

If the caliper's in good nick that's about all you need! I use either a chisel or a big screwdriver, never had any bother after cleaning them up

**EDIT also can I recommend replacing all the pads on one axle at once? Changing just one side can lead you to imagine cyclists and people in driveways and ultimately lead to rear ending someone. 100% of people I know who do this have had the above happen.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Fucks sake...

I did rofl a little Tongue
Thanks given by:
Im liking diablo alot atm Nice car.

My mates just brought a diablo dturbo slightly jealous of how good it looks washed and cleaned
Thanks given by:
Ed I think most of my rep has come from trolling you lmao
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I think that's where most people have got their rep from chris lol
Thanks given by:
(19-08-2012, 09:33 AM)vlj Wrote: Really nice car mate will always have a soft spot for diablo's!
Don't know if it's just the photo angle/me, but your o/s rear wheel looks slightly cambered?
i hope its your eyes lol, not sure i know something at the back with the suspension aint right but may be because the drives slighty slanted?
(19-08-2012, 10:27 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: Can I just enquire; when you were winding the rear pistons in, did you take the brake fluid reservoir cap off first? i had to replace the pads on one of my rears last weekend and managed the whole lot in about 20mins... I only had a chisel to wind the piston in too!
yea had the cap off but i think the pads were so worn that the piston was pretty far out, oh and im not a pro with this stuff like most people on here ha.

(19-08-2012, 10:53 AM)cwspellowe Wrote:
If the caliper's in good nick that's about all you need! I use either a chisel or a big screwdriver, never had any bother after cleaning them up
**EDIT also can I recommend replacing all the pads on one axle at once? Changing just one side can lead you to imagine cyclists and people in driveways and ultimately lead to rear ending someone. 100% of people I know who do this have had the above happen.
Yep all pads and disks all round replaced at the same time, even though there was plenty left on the old front pads but im just picky!
Next step will be the suspension and beam mounts i rekon, i may find time to stick the gear linkages on inbetween too but MOT tomoz first and go from there

(19-08-2012, 10:11 AM)Matt Wrote: Diablos for gays! Tongue looks good mate, some good plans going on so far! Get the suspension on already, thinking thats the kit I'm going to go for need someone to review it for me lol
Dont worry you will be the first to know, well after me of course ha. The kit had mixed reviews but im not tracking it just yet so should be fine for road use!

(19-08-2012, 01:26 PM)thethorne Wrote: Im liking diablo alot atm Nice car.

My mates just brought a diablo dturbo slightly jealous of how good it looks washed and cleaned
Yea there are a lot of people that aint keen on the colour but i love it! She does gleam when polished up its just the few body work bits that let it down.

Just a couple of pics of the fronts
[Image: 17C2457A-9147-4DB4-97B2-9998216371C0-196...31327E.jpg]
[Image: 5F63EFF7-A1FF-4940-8CF7-12B9A769491B-196...049364.jpg]
Nice and shiney at the moment but they wont stay like that for long, fecking sea is a nusence! Joys of living by the coast ha.
Thanks given by:
Quick update, gear linkages went on yesterday and took about an hour, fiddly buggers they are! Also should have the rear beam mounts and suspension kit going on in a couple weeks!
Thanks given by:
Good lad gear linkages make the gear change so much better eh!

Should be getting my mounts none today if nial can drag his arse over

Should have hot the engine mounts an all neph
Thanks given by: