Have i missed anything- FMIC

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have i missed anything- FMIC
Ive just rung my mate up who owns a taxi firm in weston... Hes gotall the pipes from a 406 hdi sohes gonna give them to me!

Love a billy bargain me!!
Thanks given by:
they do 406's in 90bhp too without an intercooler... make sure it's the right one!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I told him i needed all the intercoller pipework!
Thanks given by:
yes... a 90bhp HDi doesn't have ANY intercooler though lol and the 136 has different pipes IIRC so make sure there right before driving halfway across the country to get them lol
Thanks given by:
Ill be back the weekend i come to get them anyway! its ma burfday

And i asked if he was breaking any 2.0 HDi 406's he said yeah, then i said i need the intercooler pipework. So he isnt gonna give me pipework of a hdi 90 with no intercooler is he! Or he wouldnt be giving me anything :S
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the invite... DICK
Thanks given by:
Just sold off my inlets and bottom pipe, seeing those ebay prices I think I sold my stuff too cheap Sad
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Gonna hi jack this thread save making a new one Smile

I am in the process off buying everything for my HDI for a front mount

So far I have the
406 alloy elbow
And a intercooler

I know I need to buy some pipe work but where from and what pipes?

If someone can direct me it would be most appreciated Big Grin

As I want it done ASAP
Thanks
Thanks given by:
Fooks sake, read the thread dude. Come on, is this really just me being grumpy?

EDIT:

You need:
110 HDi inlet elbow
110 HDi lower turbo pipe
Intercooler
Enough bits of appropriate piping and silicone to join it all together in a way that works for you.

Where to get them from: Ebay, scrapyards, pro tuning garages/shops, anywhere else that takes your fancy.

Although i must say, fair play for at least continuing a thread that already covers the subject, you deserve some kudos for that lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(15-08-2012, 04:55 PM)Poodle Wrote: Fooks sake, read the thread dude. Come on, is this really just me being grumpy?

No, you are spot on!
Thanks given by:
Thanks man, that makes me feel slightly better about being a grumpy old man! lol
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I read that bit, just making sure 100% not exactly just a strate forward job so wanna make sure I have everything before I tackle it

Would one off them intercooler kits do on eBay? The universal ones, if so what size piping?

Thank you muchly
Thanks given by:
They'll do about 90% of a intercooler setup on a HDi, you ideally need a few more 90 degree bends but it really depends on the route you take
Thanks given by:
As i said to Sean, the only way you can have a definitive answer to what is going to work for you is to get outside and have a look. You know where the pipes have got to go from and to, based on that you can look at the options and work out what will and won't fit, you'll realise the options are pretty limited once you actually go and look.

At the end of the day, it's called a "universal" kit for a reason. As with any "universal" kit, it's a case of one-size-fits-nobody, so it'll need some work to fit, what that means exactly depends on how you are going to do the piping. You've already got all the answers we can give you at this basic a level, so if you want more useful input you're going to have to provide some yourself i'm afraid.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: