Xantia Manifold won't fit?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xantia Manifold won't fit?
Thanks to Connor for helping me out today, managed to get the EGR off and blanked up, he also got those stuborn studs out for me:

1) Manifold and EGR off
[Image: th_IMG_1281.jpg]

Next problem is the Xantia Manifold doesn't allow the turbo>FMIC inlet pipe to fit. Meaning the pipe that usually goes to the TMIC does not fit at all when wedged between the Xantia manifold and the rocker cover. It literally squishes it right down and is extremely tight:

2) Pipe won't fit with Xantia manifold
[Image: th_IMG_1282.jpg]

I'm quite sure a 2" 90 > 2" Straight pipe would manage to get the pipe out by the battery area but I'm not sure if would fit to be honest. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm sure I seen someone do this in a project thread recently but think they may of used a 406 inlet as it doesnt have runners either end of it causing clearance problems.

Anyone else had this problem?

Any input/help appreciated as always.

PS: Few pic's of the Xantia Manifold. Notice the bits either end that potentially cause clearance issues:

[Image: th_IMG_1286.jpg]
[Image: th_IMG_1284.jpg]
[Image: th_IMG_1285.jpg]
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Cut out the half moon section on the end runner
Thanks given by:
The zantia has a 90deg pipe off the turbo outlet, i used zantia pipework until just past the mani on mine , it touched th brake resevoir but was ok long term.
Thanks given by:
Is your engine still on it's mount?

Drop the engine off the mount and make your life 500x easier buddy, jack up the sump, remove those 4 bolts that hold it to the engine and to the mount, pull off the big aluminium block and then let the jack down slowly, engine will drop downwards and forwards Smile
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I used 90 deg off the turbo had the boost pipe come round by the vac pump and past the battery round the right side of the engine, loads of room Wink

With doing what ruan suggested make sure you don't puncture your radiator while letting it rock forward.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
@Dan! - Getting it cut out today and hopefully my standard inlets EGR welded up should I ever want to swap back.

@Ruan - Engines not on the mount Ruan. It's already dropped forward. Smile

@Con67 - Cheers mate! Was pretty sure I'd missed the 90 when I took all the piping off at the scrappy, doh! Just ordered a new 90 2" off eBay along with a couple of 90 2.25"s to supplement my kit.

@Dave - You mean a 2" 90 off the turbo outlet to a straight pipe that then brings it out by the VAC pump? That's what I'm planning on doing by the looks of things..
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
All fitted now, just need to pop into shop in my lunch break to grab some shorter bolts for either side of the inlet manifold.

Sounded pretty epic driving it home (de-filtered sounds good?) but popped a pipe out of its silicone when I gave it some.

Guess I'll be spending my weekend tidying up various bits but overall I'm very pleased. Will put some pic's up later tonight if I get a chance.

Thanks for everyones help!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xantia manifold gasket Nathan1305 2 1,505 06-04-2015, 07:57 AM
Last Post: Nathan1305
  Xantia manifold tight to master cylinder mikey b 8 2,185 25-02-2014, 09:14 PM
Last Post: padge
  Wanted xantia manifold mikey b 1 1,015 23-07-2013, 05:16 PM