Changing fogs to driving lamps???

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing fogs to driving lamps???
Yes but if you put in a second bulb and wire that to your head lights then you should be ok?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Piggy - I think you'll find even though it is illegal some manufacturers of late have decided to utilise the fog lights when turning corners at low speeds i.e. round town at night as my friends wife got stopped for not only having her fog light on but for the other lamp being defective as it was only the left fog that was on at the time as they were turning left.
I think the manufacturers call this facility puddle turn lights. anyway the woman in question then proceeded to tell the copper that it was a hire car she only drove for the first time that day and had absolutely no idea the fogs were on then her husband and I came out of the pub.(the reason she was driving in the first place) and her husband goes over to the copper and says 'oi mate, stop chatting my wife up' and the copper goes 'oh shit, sorry bud, i didn't know'.
Why was the cops response like this? My mate(woman drivers hubby) is a PCSO in Tamworth where the incident happened lol.

So my question is: even though it is an offence to use fogs unless the weather conditions are sufficiently bad why have manufacturers been allowed to make them come on with no way that the vehicle operator can prevent it?
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2012, 11:06 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: Yes but if you put in a second bulb and wire that to your head lights then you should be ok?

I have no idea why you would do this!!!!!

and yeah I have noticed these dumbass turning lights.

the problem is that front fogs do not dazzle...they are designed to be lower than dipped beam for a reason. however when the foglight law was instigated, cars only had rear foglights.
the cars changed and law didnt allowing coppers to nick £30 off you.

needs updating
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  driving lamps for phase 2 philpemberton94 0 652 11-03-2015, 03:30 PM
Last Post: philpemberton94
  Fog lamps cover Silver PUG 3 1,169 22-04-2014, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Silver PUG
  Difference between fogs and driving lamps kentiiboii 14 5,450 06-04-2013, 08:12 AM
Last Post: ozonehostile