HDI em pee gees

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDI em pee gees
Your depressing tom lol
Thanks given by:
^I don't get you at all Tom.

You've paid a lot of money for a car that you hate that you don't drive anywhere anyway. If you already hate the car and the way it drives and the way it sounds and are too skint to drive anywhere, then imo the only car that will sort you out is a n/a d!

I don't get why people have cars they hate. Get something cheap if you're worried about money and mpgs and saving, or just mtfu and get something you can really enjoy. f*ck it you only live once, max the old bank account, stretch for something that'll make you smile like a looney every time you drive it, and to hell with anything else.

(01-08-2012, 11:08 AM)Bananalad Wrote: Your depressing tom lol

^Also this!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
take a tip from Ed Tom, . . . .from whenever i've met him he smiled like a demented fool 99% of the time . .Wink
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Im with them Tom, you really want a '6, so get one.
Thanks given by:
Ed Im getting a HDi as soon as I can find one........I'll also hate that, but I'm gonna hate any car that I've bought for it's cheapness. I couldn't put up with another NAD........overtaking and joining 70mph roads were genuinely scary, I like to know theres some power under my right foot when I need it (or 5 seconds after I need it with a bloody laggy turbo...).

And who said I don't drive anywhere lol? I manage to get through £60 of fuel a fortnight somehow......that would be £90 of fuel in a '6 and I simply can't afford or justify that much extra.
Thanks given by:
So drive less, but enjoy the driving you are doing.

I could have done 2x the miles in my 'short lived' Hdi estate, but I disliked the car so much I never wanted to drive anywhere.

When I didnt drive my Saab for 3 days last week, I actually missed driving it!
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2012, 11:36 AM)cpikey316_ Wrote: So drive less, but enjoy the driving you are doing.

I could have done 2x the miles in my 'short lived' Hdi estate, but I disliked the car so much I never wanted to drive anywhere.

Cant drive less, I already limit it to necessary journeys! Used to do 450+ miles a week in the 1.4. Sad

I still miss driving my 1.8. Sad Again 1.8 costs too much though!
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2012, 11:12 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: take a tip from Ed Tom, . . . .from whenever i've met him he smiled like a demented fool 99% of the time . .Wink

lmao I think I'll take that as a compliment!! Tongue

I was a happy bunny to see everyone and loving having he new '6!! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2012, 11:39 AM)Toms306 Wrote:
(01-08-2012, 11:36 AM)cpikey316_ Wrote: So drive less, but enjoy the driving you are doing.

Cant drive less, I already limit it to necessary journeys! Used to do 450+ miles a week in the 1.4. Sad

Well if you hate your golf, and will hate the HDi, you need to keep the more fuel efficient one.

Fuel savings = money saved for different car
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2012, 11:42 AM)Ed Doe Wrote:
(01-08-2012, 11:12 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: take a tip from Ed Tom, . . . .from whenever i've met him he smiled like a demented fool 99% of the time . .Wink

it was a compliment mate . .Big Grin . . . i love to see people enjoying life and full of laughs . . . may as well chuck yourself in front of a train otherwise . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2012, 11:55 AM)cpikey316_ Wrote:
(01-08-2012, 11:39 AM)Toms306 Wrote:

Well if you hate your golf, and will hate the HDi, you need to keep the more fuel efficient one.

Fuel savings = money saved for different car

Nope, the point is - if anything else breaks on the golf (DMF!!) I can't afford to fix it......plus if I can sell it for £2k, I've then got a 'spare' grand to stick back in the bank, aswell as the £100 saving on insurance. Getting a few more mpg, and saving £100 a year in tax by keeping the golf just seems futile to then spend lots repairing it! I really wish I'd just sold it for spares when the turbo popped instead of fixing it. But unfortunately I'm shit with decisions....always make the wrong one if theres a choice to be made.

(01-08-2012, 12:04 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(01-08-2012, 11:42 AM)Ed Doe Wrote:

it was a compliment mate . .Big Grin . . . i love to see people enjoying life and full of laughs . . . may as well chuck yourself in front of a train otherwise . .Smile

Yeah I'm completely the opposite....happy people irritate me lol. However the damn trains don't run on time round here... Confused
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2012, 12:44 PM)Toms306 Wrote: But unfortunately I'm shit with decisions....always make the wrong one if theres a choice to be made.

Yeah I'm completely the opposite....happy people irritate me lol. However the damn trains don't run on time round here... Confused

Life Lesson no.1; NEVER dwell on a decision already made. Never look back, and NEVER stop and think "god if only". You'll waste your life wishing how it could've turned out. You make a decision, you can't go back, so make the best of the situation you find yourself in.

I'm not saying dont think about things before making a decision. Just dont regret the decision you've made...

And that's really sad that happy people annoy you. Happy people are people you should associate with; they make you feel happy. Hence why I've stopped talking to that Mardy bumder Fooby /troll Tongue

But seriously, don't spend your time begrudging people their happiness, strive to be a bit more like them!

(01-08-2012, 12:04 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: it was a compliment mate . .Big Grin . . . i love to see people enjoying life and full of laughs . . . may as well chuck yourself in front of a train otherwise . .Smile

Precisely Smile I'm usually more grumpy, but that has a lot to do with long hours spent at work, and job stress. but it's all about the weekendssss YEEEEAAHHH! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
You lot don't get it, if Tom got a decent car he wouldn't have anything to whine about, then he really would be unhappy. Tom, do you throw things at children for laughing too much?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(01-08-2012, 01:56 PM)Poodle Wrote: You lot don't get it, if Tom got a decent car he wouldn't have anything to whine about, then he really would be unhappy. Tom, do you throw things at children for laughing too much?

No I run the bastards over..........the golf doesnt dent as easy as pugs do.
Thanks given by:
All I can say is, you've never driven a decently tuned Diesel...

Wait until you have before passing comments, yeah?

And please just shut up about your f*cking god awful cars... Nobody actually cares anymore... I tried helping a few times, but I've given up.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
My bad, got carried away again, apologies.
Thanks given by:
Rofl

I'm sure we'll live. Rolleyes
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I know for a fact I'll enjoy being back in a diesel 306, mainly because while the Octavia is a good laugh to drive, I can't really afford to drive the f*cking barge anywhere! I want to do midnight random drives to the coast again lol
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I hated my 1.6 306, it was unreliable, it DRANK fuel (350 miles to a full tank on the motorway), it was gutless, and the power band didn't exist, it was just flat.

When I bought my first HDi, as standard, on paper at least, they're pretty even, the HDi at 90 BHP and the 1.6 at 100 BHP. But the HDi was just so much better to drive, It wasn't much quicker, in fact it felt a tad slower, but the whole driving experience was better. Not to mention nearly doubling the MPG figure.

Then I went stage 1, now I'm in a stage 2, soon to go stage 3 and I don't think I'll ever go back to a petrol.

And before anyone says, yes, I have driven a '6, and yes, I have been in some properly properly quick petrols.

But I still severely upset someone in an Audi TT RS the other day by keeping up with him a little better than he expected ninja
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Quick question: Doing a like 200 mile commute tomorrow, would removing the back seats do me many favours or should I not waste the time nor effort
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Might save you 5-6p?
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2012, 07:07 AM)lolsteve Wrote: Quick question: Doing a like 200 mile commute tomorrow, would removing the back seats do me many favours or should I not waste the time nor effort

For what the rear seats weight over 200 miles I would say that having a good shit before you set off will have a similar effect TBH Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2012, 08:05 AM)mark_airey Wrote: For what the rear seats weight over 200 miles I would say that having a good shit before you set off will have a similar effect TBH Tongue

To be fair, having a good shit before a 200 mile drive is good advice anyway, that way you A. Save weight, B. Save fuel (accelerating down the sliproad out of the services must use some) and C. You don't have to have a shit in a smelly service station toilet sat on a seat covered in piss Wink
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2012, 08:05 AM)mark_airey Wrote: For what the rear seats weight over 200 miles I would say that having a good shit before you set off will have a similar effect TBH Tongue

Now I know why my mpg is so good then. Tongue

Seriously Steve, it won't be noticeable, don't bother lol.
Thanks given by:
You'd notice more by taping up all the vents, wheels, etc...

Your engine will definitely notice it, by overheating, but you'll get chronic MPGs...

And engines are more efficient when hot, no?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
How does the new focus not overheat btw, as it shuts its grill vents on the ad for mpgz?? Surely it needs to get air to the rad somehow. Confused
Thanks given by:
Opens them when it gets hot maybe?

Genius idea, that?
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2012, 11:16 AM)Ruan Wrote: Opens them when it gets hot maybe?

Genius idea, that?

But that'd ruin its mpg then lol, Id assume at 70 you'd want to be cooling the rad all the time.......but thats when it closes them.
Thanks given by:
Noo, just cruising in a Diesel it barely needs any airflow to cool it down... Even a petrol tbh!

Remember the cooling system is fully capable of hauling a trailer up a hill in 32*C heat all day long without overheating.... Cruising at 70mph, there's literally no thermal load on the cooling system...
Thanks given by:
Done my mpg agin to day after filling up ive got 41.58mpg now is my car broke?? lol or is it just cos im doing a hell of a lot of stop start miles (50-100 stop start miles a night) ??

Thanks given by: