206 hdi wont start

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
206 hdi wont start
right first of all i know its not a 306....

basically my friend has a 206 2.0hdi, he bought this car knowing its a non starter, he has changed the ecu, loom, bsi and all that crap and still no joy any ideas?
Thanks given by:
does it even try to start? bit more info needed.does it turn but just not fire up?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
checked voltage on injectors? see if they getting the voltage
lift pump(one under rear seats) make any noise when turn ignition on
fpr sensor in the high pressure pump
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
More information needed, back story etc.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
pre CAN its fixable post CAN your will stuggle without Peugeot planet

ideally you need to get it on peugeot planet just to see if the immo is unlocking the ECU
Thanks given by:
Sorry everyone my bad for now giving the full story

The Car

Peugeot 206 2002 D-Turbo 2.0HDi

The Problem

Non-Starter - Engine Immobiliser Fault

The Story

Right, looking at the car for some friends. The car ran fine, no problems etc etc. They Parked up and came back to it and it failed to start. Cranked over fine but no firing.

Got it towed and had Peugeot Planet put on it and had communication to Everything apart from the Engine ECU (The ECU has not replied). There is no buzzing/clicking of relays under the bonnet (around the engine area) when the ignition is turned.

After a lot of searching, either the ECU relay or wiring seems to be the culprit of the ecu not responding. The car doesn't have an ECU relay, so checked the wires between the engine ECU and the fuse box and they display the correct voltage (cross checked with Autodata Diagram/outputs) the wire 1229(one that is normally the problem - red one) states on autodata, that when the ignition's off it should read 11v ish.

Then when the iginition is switch on shoudl go down to 1 or 2v ? anyways it is just constantly at 11v regardless of the ignition position.

So aquired a full ECU, BSI, Key Fob, Transponder Arial, BSM (Engine) Fusebox & Immobiliser Code Card from a working source (All codes/serial numbers matched on the 206's components, ECU, BSI etc)

Fitted it all and connected up (soft started the BSI properly) and got the multifunction display showing Engine immobiliser fault. (it is possible that the original fault was this but they can't remember and the car was in Economy Mode when I took it on. Again no clicks/buzzing from engine components. The car beeps when the door is opened and stops when it is removed so it knows the key is there and the car still cranks over.

Peugeot Planet still comes up with the same error that the Engine ECU has not replied.

So this is where I'm at, currently stuck and out of ideas.
Thanks given by:
Take it this is why Mark text me ealier asking about unlocking ECU alex?

Forgot to reply as was in tractor at work.....

Sounds like a farse, wats he fookin around with them stupid things for still Tongue

Tell him ill stick a VE on it and have done....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
No idea tbh mate. :/ That's pretty bizarre, would have expected the new ECU, immob etc to sort it...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
yeah darren hes bought it for lauren... he did mention that is it a big job??

he loves his 20shi*tes
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HDI wont start whitlam222 31 3,321 19-01-2016, 05:00 PM
Last Post: whitlam222
  HDI wont start jaycc 8 1,635 09-07-2015, 05:11 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  car cut out and wont start tuttyboy84 18 1,814 17-02-2015, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Poodle