Hdi project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hdi project
looks good! Big Grin Ill have to find out what linkages ive got when i go to fix them tomorrow! D:
Thanks given by:
Mitch - cheers mate,it needs slight trimming on the ends,luckily I bought it off kris so was already trimmed then simple torx/Phillips/flat screws to keep it in take some kerb abuse and still on tight
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
if you ever feel the need you dont want it, i will be waiting Tongue

ive got the Espace splitter on mine, mines been lowered about 80mm so thats always dragging... but saves dragging the bumper
[Image: 306oc.jpg]
Thanks given by:
When you had your dials made, what did you select the main colour as? I want some for my centre console heater part, but I just want the steel look with blue and red lights... But not sure what it means for the main colour on the website?
[Image: 306oc.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Main colour - ice blue on both dials fella.

Will not be getting rid of splitter soon but will b the car haha
Thanks given by:
well been a long time so far for an update but only small....

1 -windscreen cracked
2 - flat tyre
3 - screwed bearing

all in space of 1 month (well the bearing has gone for a few months,didnt realise how serious it was till i took it apart)

Well the rear nut holding it on all in place was freaking hard to undo with a long bar so hunted round in my garage and next doors for anything else i can use..than i came across a hollow ladder Smile PERFECT!!!!! simple turn and it was undone Big Grin
[Image: cce40e34.jpg]

How it looked when i took it off....didnt even use a puller i borrowed off Tom,it just "came" off
[Image: d41606ac.jpg]

New vs OLD
[Image: efbd3ab8.jpg]

So now awaiting for some money and do the other cause it will more than likely happen soon enough currently awaiting on a lick of paint to do my towing eye and give my calipers a fresh look
Thanks given by:
another small update to keep with the yellow splashed going on with my car Smile

Only first coat for time being - YES im being lazy YES im being careful and not getting paint on the brake discs/pads.

If you have time and patience and don't need car for 48hours take your time and enjoy Smile

[Image: 9d5c56d4.jpg]
[Image: a0fcf4ae.jpg]
[Image: 1107ee4f.jpg]
[Image: 26eb37f7.jpg]

thanks
Thanks given by:
What a retard, I was just going to say "Isn't this Ben's old car!?"

Looks good mate, Astor and Yellow ftw!
Thanks given by:
Agreed on the astor and yellow!

Bit of a pikey job, but still will look much better Tongue
Thanks given by:
yellow is only a 1st coat scotty boy so dont worry itll be looking fine as dandy after few more coats.

haha - nice one marshall lol been quiet on both forums and car wise due to job etc but had time today to pay her some attention Smile
Thanks given by:
Rear drivers had it last coat and is looking pretty damnnn hot.
Front needs one more coat i reckon

[Image: b244e258.jpg]
[Image: 9223379c.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Much better! Is it just hammerite?
Thanks given by:
Halfords own yellow brake paint ( hammerite but £1 cheaper lol basically )
Thanks given by:
lol fair play mate. How've you been keeping anyway? Not seen you about that much lately
Thanks given by:
took advantage of this weather and finished drivers side so move onto the passenger side....firstly this is how dirty my brakes were..

[Image: c19bf664.jpg]

that became.....
[Image: d3320154.jpg]
[Image: 5093b3b7.jpg]

and done my towing eye which i think finishes the front off nicely Big Grin

[Image: 7c7d09c0.jpg][Image: ee54aabc.jpg]
Thanks given by:
How easy was it to fit the metal monkey dials? Did they come with all the bulbs needed?

Car looks really good mate
Thanks given by:
Dials are easy to fit just expensive to buy. I did a group but ages ago so I got them at a bargain price.

LEDs you need to buy also
Thanks given by:
All this time i didnt relise ben87 was welsh ben, Cars looking good mate Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Cheers guys, whilst I await a new wind screen may as well smarten it up a bit and make it fresh looking. Next on list when I have time is sort out the rear disc protectors. Give them a cost of black Hammerite when I change pads cause it's rusted like mad as you can see
Thanks given by:
Finally on all 4 wheels..now awaiting new windscreen on Saturday then go get a punctured tyre repaired
Front is lower than that but its been up in the air for best part of a week so needs to settled back down again

[Image: 43f706ef.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well I fell out of love with the car and not surprised failed MOT but going back in on Monday and will hopefully pass and I can give it TLC and finally up the turbo Smile to be proper stage 1.5 lol. Can't be bothered with the whole stage 2 with clutch issues to be honest!
Thanks given by:
Always a good feeling putting new shiny parts on and knowing you've done it yourself!

[Image: CB252F91-6AD2-413B-8793-818498760132-101...42DC84.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Shiny parts = win!
Thanks given by:
The time has come!

Car will be for sale in 2-3 months,got to save up bit of cash firstly Sad

Reason for selling

1 - need something better on fuel
2 - growin up
3 - just had a guts full of it lol
4 - need something cheaper on tax
Thanks given by:
Now for sale...

http://www.306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=6959
Thanks given by:
well im very sad to say.....

this car left my drive last night and is now with a new local owner in Swansea, he is doing mechanic engineering at uni so im sure he will look after it..

was gutted to see it leave the drive after 3years of putting hard work and effort into it and making it my own project. it has gone Sad
Thanks given by: