Pug 208 GTi Confirmed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pug 208 GTi Confirmed
Bit of Peugeot news for a change...

Following-on from the concept debut a while back, the 208 GTi has gotten the Go-ahead for production.

News Link

So, will it re-ignite the Peugeot hot-hatch flame or just be another disappointment for the Pug name?

Doesn't look great, in my opinion....

[Image: Peugeot-208_GTi_Concept_2012_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg]

[Image: Peugeot-208_GTi_Concept_2012_800x600_wallpaper_07.jpg]
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
It looks awful, and even halfords wouldnt sell those alloys. What the hell happened to peugeot after the 306!? Sad
Thanks given by:
Its ok kinda looks like its been hit with a shovel on the front end tho Confused

I would prefer it over a golf tho :p
Thanks given by:
Real hot hatches are dead.
Thanks given by:
I'm gonna be honest, I think it looks really nice. Love the brushed ally detailing behind the rear qtr glass. The interior looks awesome on the concept car; lots of brushed ally etc, and lovely looking dials etc.

Only thing that annoyed me... it has a 6spd gearbox.... so why not 208 GTi6? ninja
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
did someone say ford fiesta?

Or should I say corsa? or even a punto they are all looking the same now.

what happened to originality
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Looks alright from the back, horrible from the front.
Thanks given by:
Aerodynamics and pedestrian saftey shape cars these days, thats why they all have that high front end (which looks wank) and a very smooth shape after that.................shame they don't take aesthetics into the design these days though!
Thanks given by:
yeah I know its ridiculous. but to be fair on it if it had a smooth bonnet and some nicer wheels and lowered, just maybe there's hope for the 208

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Hmm....its always gonna be that same shape though............

I think its a lost cause tbh.
Thanks given by:
Tis all about the pedestrian bounce-back-ability. Back when common sense prevailed, pedestrians just avoided being hit by cars at all costs, whereas now cars must be equipped for them to take a tumble and remain comfortable until a paramedic arrives to repair them so the can continue living their wasteful life.

Or something like that.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2012, 12:26 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: Tis all about the pedestrian bounce-back-ability. Back when common sense prevailed, pedestrians just avoided being hit by cars at all costs, whereas now cars must be equipped for them to take a tumble and remain comfortable until a paramedic arrives to repair them so the can continue living their wasteful life.

Or something like that.

Yeah, safe cars are just another way they're removing natural selection........in a few years time no-one will ever die, the worlds overcrowded enough already!! Confused
Thanks given by:
f*cking Godawful!

Looks like a 206 that's been raped by a Toyota Aygo and that's the resulting unloved offspring of the horrible pair!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Doesnt look thaaaat bad, granted, wheels are gash. Needs some lows too. Desperately.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
i think peugeot make some of the ugliest cars but this is well nice. bout time imo.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
what bhp will it be?
Thanks given by:
I think it looks good and if it handles anything like the 106/206/306, it will sell loads to all the people who loved these cars when they were new years ago.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2012, 01:48 PM)procta Wrote: what bhp will it be?

IIRC 200bhp; same 1.6 thp engine from the RCZ...

There was an article in this month's PFC about it Smile
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Looks like a new fiesta & a 206 have had a love child..
Thanks given by:
Not bad when you consider what the designers have got to fight against, in terms of the requirements already discussed, but still god-awful. I'll keep my nice looking vehicle shape, thank you very much, and sod the pedestrians stupid enough to jump in front of a car.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Natural selection at its finest

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
It'll be too heavy, too complicated, have too many f*cking computers on the dashboard, understeery, and basically a shadow of the old 205 GTI...

Retro>Modern Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I actually like it, apart from the Ripspeed wheel lmao

Afte reading this thread, Does no one like the 207 gti? they are pure sex on wheel! i feckin love em

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(23-07-2012, 03:49 PM)puglove Wrote: I actually like it, apart from the Ripspeed wheel lmao

Afte reading this thread, Does no one like the 207 gti? they are pure sex on wheel! i feckin love em

They do look good but apparently handle like a golf....so shit.

Peugeot didn't have much going for them in the times of the 306 except for half decent looks and epic handling. The fact they they tune so well was a pure accident!
They just lost all that and apparently the rcz was supposed to be the first car that went back to the 205 handling. Never driven one but apparently they handle very well for a barge.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
[Image: twoohhate.jpg]

That is all.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2012, 03:58 PM)Niall Wrote:
(23-07-2012, 03:49 PM)puglove Wrote: I actually like it, apart from the Ripspeed wheel lmao

They do look good but apparently handle like a golf....so shit.

Peugeot didn't have much going for them in the times of the 306 except for half decent looks and epic handling. The fact they they tune so well was a pure accident!
They just lost all that and apparently the rcz was supposed to be the first car that went back to the 205 handling. Never driven one but apparently they handle very well for a barge.

Yeah but with a few pennies throwen at it on the handling side of things surly they could be just as good if not better than a 306/205?

TBH i never look at/drive a car and think its good standered im always think how good it could be with some handling and power mods thrown at it, maybe i should buy one and see how well i can get it to handle and tune . hmmmm

(23-07-2012, 04:17 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: [Image: twoohhate.jpg]

That is all.

Dam beat me to it and my shop will never be that good Sad

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
200bhp out of the joint bmw psa engine venture to which is natourious for timing chain problems amongst a few other thing to which bmw have dropped it from the mini... weight wise think it just over a 1000kg. the 207 i had handled fine had firm suspension plenty of grip on even on budget tyres also didnt have the twitchy back end you get in the older pugs handled even better once rippthrough had put some braces on to it
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
As said, shit at the front, alright at the back.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
eww....
Thanks given by:
Looks ok but there's a bit too much arch gap at the front compared to the back.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  fcs camping 2012. confirmed. kingy 321 88,288 15-06-2012, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Pompey306mark
  FCS Confirmed :D Carlos182 67 13,994 17-12-2011, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Midnightclub