Quick test drive with the paddle clutch

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick test drive with the paddle clutch
Video 

Have to go easy on it as it needs 500miles of bedding in gently plus there car had no font end on only an intercooler hanging out but couldn't help not taking it out for a try.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Its always one of them things isn't it always wanting it done now haha bet you couldn't resist :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Haha had to stop myself, really wanted to let it rip Dodgy

But for those interested the clutch really isn't that jumpy ATM.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Shotgun a ride on Sunday. Kthanksbye.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
give it some beans max, what are paddle clutchs like? never drove a car with one.
Thanks given by:
Of course Stephen, if your really lucky you may be able to drive it depending on what state repair it's in at the time.

Procta it's really not that bad like I said but I don't know, it may get worse as it beds in.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
They get better as they bed in. Really don't know why everyone makes so much fuss over them really.
They do judder changing down into second on a hdi though.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Max; when this is done I need to make a proper vid for it!! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
So are paddle clutches much more on/off and generally more badass?
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Can't really say as I've only driven about 0.5miles but it does seem more on/off.

Yes Eli but it needs 500miles of "town" driving.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
I fail way too often I watched the vid expecting a flappy paddle gearbox in a 205 and then realised you said paddle clutch not flappy paddles!

Seriously considering doing this myself as and when funds allow but first on the list is my 'zorst some shiny new wheels (thinking Calibre Vintage's) and a new rear beam (Discs!!!)
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Good stuff man, I imagine the dieselness makes it a bit easier going with the paddle clutch... I know on petrols them being switch-like can be tiring.
Thanks given by:
I found mine got more bitey as it wore in, but meh, like ive always said, all the fuss about driving with a paddle clutch is just women driver imo, as its fine / not really an issue at all...I used to find mine was worse when cold, but once warmed up (raping the clutch at 5k to get on boost) it was fine / almost like a stock clutch...but they can be a tad grabby when cold...but who cares, its hardcore! Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Feels moar race car!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(17-07-2012, 11:07 PM)Curt Wrote: Good stuff man, I imagine the dieselness makes it a bit easier going with the paddle clutch... I know on petrols them being switch-like can be tiring.

Tried a VTEC Civic with a paddle clutch. Zero torque + Sharp clutch = Stall fail Confused
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I found mine fun especially steep hill starts. pain in slow moving traffic sometimes lol Tongue but i cant for the life of me remember where i got it from lol

Where did you get yours pal, if you dont mind me asking how much they charge you as many places charge the earth but the housing is same as the gti6 i believe so its only the plate they charge the earth for

Have you got an unsprung one? or a sprung one

CJ
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
His is unsprung cj
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2012, 01:20 PM)Bananalad Wrote: His is unsprung cj

I fancy one on next change as had a sprung one and wasnt the best to be fair, it was a noisy one too thrust bearring sounded like falling to bits after a couple of thou but felt better than a standard clutch,

Has he lightened flywheel i made that mistake i think as lost fair bit of torque
Thanks given by:
You don't loose torque with a lightened flywheel, if anything, arguably you gain some.
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2012, 02:01 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: You don't loose torque with a lightened flywheel, if anything, arguably you gain some.

Ahh i see, im just comparing not actually had either dyno'd but new black derv seems more torqy than my blaze which had about 2kg whipped off,

the derv place near me recommended putting standard fly or peugeot van one to get more torque

interesting......
Thanks given by:
^^ A lightened fly reduces spinning inertia, meaning you get a tad more engine-braking, the engine will spin up quicker, and to explain Ripp's comment, the engine has less work to do to spin the fly as it's lighter, so can apply more of the power produced by the engine to to the wheels...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Pretty much, just means you need more throttle to set off rather than letting the weight of the engine do the work.
Thanks given by:
(18-07-2012, 01:11 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: I found mine fun especially steep hill starts. pain in slow moving traffic sometimes lol Tongue but i cant for the life of me remember where i got it from lol

Where did you get yours pal, if you dont mind me asking how much they charge you as many places charge the earth but the housing is same as the gti6 i believe so its only the plate they charge the earth for

Have you got an unsprung one? or a sprung one

CJ

Yes unsprung 4 paddle clutch from C.G Clutches.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Ahhh i understand now Smile il put the lightened fly on when i stip the blaze down,

And cheers stricly_derv are they quite pricey or they reasonable

Cheers
Thanks given by:
Very reasonable, £220 posted.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2012, 10:57 AM)strictly_derv Wrote: Very reasonable, £220 posted.

WOW that is very good especially compared to a valeo sweet think il be purchasing one very soon Smile cheers pal cant wait to see this, you going USC??
Thanks given by:
I very much doubt it due to money reasons. I'll keep people posted on how it beds in, need to get the thing started now as there's air in the fuel.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
No one else has noticed this but.... Why don't your clocks work? I was watching your revs wasn't till the end I noticed nothing works.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It's because I need a 306 tacho sensor, 205 one's don't fit.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Would like to see this on the road once it's bedded in properly, Max. The way i see it, if the grabbiness is going to show up anywhere it'll be on a ~800kg car with >250lb/ft haha.

CJ, not being funny mate, but if a diesel-tuning place is recommending you change your flywheel to get more torque then personally i wouldn't go near them again, they're clearly morons lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: