Help with dipstick tube thingy please

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with dipstick tube thingy please
Alright guys just wanting to know if anyone knows how to remove the dipstick tube cylinder thing mine has got a crack in it and oil vapour is leaking out all over my block and front street :L ( I assume it's just vapour as its really thin and my oil level isn't dropping) I know obviously the top part unscrews to fill up but how do you remove the rest of it hoping Itl be the same way as I can't see any bolt heads or anything fixing it down , cheers in advance Jack
Thanks given by:
They have a daft clip on the bottom holding it onto the tube that drops into sump on block and remove all other pipes and pops off, bit of black silicone hjelps when putting back on with a jubilee i found Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So the clip that holds it on I need to replace with a jubaloo and abit of silicone to make sure it's sealed up ? I'll go investigate now
Thanks given by:
mabe easier taking the starter motor off to access it better
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
i thought that they just screwed out. thats what the dude said who did mine. might be different on the 1.6 petrol though.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah they just have a clip holdingh them on on the bottom of it on the xud, thats the way i sealed mine and worked a treat and i was running 6bar oil pump so pressure was tad more in there. and didnt want to get oil over my shiny red block just got covered in derv instead haha,

Agree with Karl does make it a tad easier

CJ
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what is this? (Fuel thingy) Iaitoo 0 844 23-01-2016, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Iaitoo
  Help wanted (xud dipstick size) Choppin 2 890 26-04-2014, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Choppin
  Dipstick Blowing Out c.gerrard 28 5,925 01-10-2013, 06:38 PM
Last Post: c.gerrard