what do you think my old pump had done to it?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what do you think my old pump had done to it?
right since ive owned my new d'tub ive been wondering what on earth my old pump had done to it, it would continue revving right round to 5700 ish rpm and you wouldnt notice that it wasnt pulling anymore, what do you think has been done to it?
BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
A stock pump will rev that far in first and second but there would be a significant drop in power. Sounds like it has been gov modded tbh
Thanks given by:
it would do that in every gear! fancy taking a look dan?
Thanks given by:
as Dan says, it had been Gov modded . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Bosch or Lucas...

If Lucas, it's an old style one that revs like f*ck when you turn it up.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Yea my lucas was the same, limiter was around 5.8k with a very light s1 tune, and the throtle stop removed.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2012, 01:25 PM)Chris Wrote: Yea my lucas was the same, limiter was around 5.8k with a very light s1 tune, and the throtle stop removed.

Hmm....what throttle stop would this be? is it easy to remove? Ive turned the fuel up on my Lucas, making 18-19psi, but there is, as Dan! puts it, a significant drop in power at about 4.5k....
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Its the screw/ bolt the throtal arm rests up against.
Don't remove it completly, and make sure the throtal works as it should. Also adjust the cable end on the arm so you actualy get full travel.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2012, 01:44 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote:
(15-07-2012, 01:25 PM)Chris Wrote: Yea my lucas was the same, limiter was around 5.8k with a very light s1 tune, and the throtle stop removed.

Hmm....what throttle stop would this be? is it easy to remove? Ive turned the fuel up on my Lucas, making 18-19psi, but there is, as Dan! puts it, a significant drop in power at about 4.5k....

The screw on the throttle arm, pull it to full throttle with the engine off obviously and it'll hit a screw i you wind that out it can go further Wink

Edit: Chris beat me Sad
Thanks given by:
Hmm....i might go have a look at this now....
Thanks given by:
Yours will be a new style Lucas Steve, they will rev pretty shit no matter what you do...
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2012, 03:16 PM)Dan! Wrote: Yours will be a new style Lucas Steve, they will rev pretty shit no matter what you do...

Meh, goes to up 5k now, feels a little strained once its there, but it gets there. Probably wont be taking it that far very regularly! Doh
Thanks given by:
I got an old style RotoDiesel Lucas on my XUD7TE 205, so you reckon with more fuel it will rev it's tits off?

btw it's un modded thus far...
Thanks given by:
no its a bosch Smile but i may have a play with my lucas tomorrow want some more power now!
Thanks given by: