bosch pump feed (with pics)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bosch pump feed (with pics)
Okay, managed to get my hands on a fresh d turbo engine loom to replace the chopped and knackered one that was on the car

all wired up, every connector to the connect plug and the earth bolted on the back of the gbox

so far i havent chopped any wires to feed the pump, still not starting. theres a plug also for the pump which is something to do with the immobiliser on the lucas pump (isnt it?Huh)

see photos

[attachment=1764]
The wires at the front of the photo are for the two solenoids on the bosch pump. I was getting -12v at the pink one, and either 8v or nothing at the black/green (cant remember now)

Also see the two solenoids in the photo (which wire is supposed to go to which?

a photo of the plug feed, yellow - earth - pink

The little fecker thats stopping the fuel through. If i put a live direct from the battery + you hear it click and it starts straight. But try and take a feed from either of the wires that bolt on the solenoids and nothing, wont start Huh
Thanks given by:
the red wire on the lucas loom is usually a 12v ignition feed. check the 2 outer wires for 12v, if the engine stops after 30-60 secs then you got the wrong wire
Thanks given by:
On that blue plug its one of the outer 2 wires. And if I'm thinking of the same place, theres one thats live with ignition, and another which appears to be live with ignition, but cuts out or drops too low during cranking. Obviously you want the one that remains live when cranking.
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
tried both of these wires on the top solenoid, neither of them works Undecided

Short of trying one of the wires off the immobiliser plug im out of ideas
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad ph2 lucas to bosch pump wiring chippyba 1 1,406 04-07-2012, 07:18 AM
Last Post: darrenjlobb