Smoothed rear door handles

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoothed rear door handles
Ok so iv got this idea in my head that i want to smooth my rear door handles off. Does anyone know if its easy to do and how i would open the doors without reaching into the back to open?
[Image: edit2_zpsbe60b3ca.jpg]

Team derv FLAME and CONROD spitters
Thanks given by:
ive also been thinking about this, i think you would have to use some kind of popper kit or just be able to open them from the inside.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Poppers they do work but get good solenoids and good poppers I need to upgrade mine.

Also might want to look into the MOT side of things, people have been saying new rules says all doors to be opened of the outside.

I have had no issues in the past, but might do come Christmas.
Thanks given by:
I was thinking of doing this but the updates to the MOT rules this year say that all door need to have an exterior handle. Not sure if you would be able to get round it by having no rear seats, something to look into.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Surely defeat the purpose of rear doors?
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by:
Just because the handles are smoothed doesnt mean the doors dont still open
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nevermind......
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by:
What rear doors? lol

Smooth them off and have a popper button on the outside somewhere? I know a few people that have smooth front handles and button is under the wing mirror.
Chris
1999 China GTi6 Supercharged track car
2000 Bianca LX non turbo slowness

Team: I hate Sam Rowell's stanceboard!
Thanks given by:
Hmm didnt know about the new MOT rules soi think it would have to be a miss on this mod then Sad shame i think it would have looked quite good.

Thanks given by:
Just delock the front doors, and keep the handles on the rear....they're kinda smooth as they are, think yourself lucky they're not big chunky "almost the same size as the wing mirror" handles! Rofl

EDIT: At least yours are colour coded already, mine are still black!
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
if i delock my front doors then i wont be able to lock the car at all as the centrle locking is messed up Sad

Thanks given by:
(11-07-2012, 01:33 PM)Mowle5677 Wrote: if i delock my front doors then i wont be able to lock the car at all as the centrle locking is messed up Sad

On a 306?! How bizarre.... Huh
Thanks given by:
Just buy a 3 door.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2012, 02:23 PM)Dan! Wrote:
(11-07-2012, 01:33 PM)Mowle5677 Wrote: if i delock my front doors then i wont be able to lock the car at all as the centrle locking is messed up Sad

On a 306?! How bizarre.... Huh

you should know they are shit Dan

find me a cheap one jake but it will be alot of work to get the bits off my one and put them on the new one

Thanks given by:
De handle it and buy a couple of spare doors for mot haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Mines de handled all doors locks too.the mot tester will tell U the door has to have a way off openin from inside and out so just a fob like mine or by a button seen at shows.the rear under spoiler or front under wing mirrors saw this and just rang and checked made sure mine was still legal
Thanks given by:
imo de handled doors look wank! especially on a 5 door if you only do the rears!
Thanks given by:
I like everywhere lookin smooth side strips gone.
Thanks given by:
For all you people that have the urge to de-handle your car - I just don't get it.
If you are in an accident and someone has to drag you from a burning car how the fook can you expect them to look for a popper under the mirror when they are watching you burn to death cos they have no idea how to open a blank door skin.
And what good is a door popper if one of the wires has been sheared in the crash - you deserve to burn, idiots!!!
Thanks given by:
Yeah TRUE I see wot U mean coz alot of ppl would b fooled by a window U couldn't possibly smash 1 of them things lol.
Thanks given by:
If the crash is that bad the windows would have smashed. So there is a simple enough hole from which to drag you out of.

And to be fair I would prefer to burn to death than rather thank a muppet who does not know how to smash a window and drag me out of my own car.
Thanks given by:
And unless unconscious can use inside handle lol
Thanks given by:
Not all windows smash in an accident in fact I took 7 car windows to the tip today and threw them in an empty skip from a height of about 12ft and none of them broke - they were all 306 windows.
I have actually pulled someone from an upside down car that was on fire so I know what I'm talking about it only takes a second for the flames to engulf a car - that's the second you realise there is no handle
Thanks given by:
Personally I don't like the look anyway, never have. If you feel the need to hide the rear doors... Buy a 3 door.
Thanks given by:
Its 1 off them things yes tht could happen but U can do tht with everything in life does tht mean its stupid and shouldn't cause not.

Fire is not nice only 5 months ago my house electrics set alight I was in intensive car and dragged my 2 kids missus out of a window and went bk in for my dog adrenaline is an amazin thing. Has it put me off no things happen I live once and for now I do things tht are risky its the world we live in
Thanks given by:
Well the new MOT regs seem to think the handles need to be there for a reason and people buying a spare set of doors for the mot may find themselves getting vehicle defect tickets off the police and insurers will probably say you're not insured if you have deliberately contravened the mot regs.
Thanks given by:
IV already checked mine hasn't even got button on outside done by my fob and still a pass as it states the doors have to have a opening system fob is the opening system.

I'll also ask vosa next time I get pulled every week.
Thanks given by:
I look forward to the response from you after your next tug from VOSA by next week :p
Thanks given by:
I will keep U informed
Thanks given by:
Went in2 a mot tester today read the guide lines and yes no handles are legal as long has have openining device for each door inside and out does not specify that it has to be a handle
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear passenger side door won't open DonGonzo 0 877 19-10-2020, 10:25 PM
Last Post: DonGonzo
  rear door upgrade Magenta Sunset 2 1,347 16-06-2017, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  Gti rear seats to 5 door bench dr_jekyll 6 1,632 03-03-2015, 07:07 PM
Last Post: dr_jekyll