Clutch cable adjustment?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch cable adjustment?
Hey guys, trying to adjust the clutch cable I don't quite understand how it works. I've turned the adjuster under the bonnet to give more slack then im guessing you wind the cable up at the pedal (13mm socket). However when I do this at the pedal it just makes strange noises an refuses to turn?

PS: Ruan Dan and Mark answer ur phones next time! Tongue
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Shit yeah I totally forgot you rang last night, I was driving back from work and then found a car on fire (see facebook) which kinda distracted me Tongue

there is no adjuster that you can manually change on them, just a stupid auto adjuster thing near the exhaust where its hot (I am sure we covered this on Facbook or here VIA PM already) so stop fiddling with things,

have the car switched off, sit in the drivers seat and then stamp the clutch pedal to the floor and then just step off it letting it slam back to the top and repeat 5-10 time, this should re-set the stupid auto thing/free up anything that is sticking and make it work again Smile

P.S, sorry I didn't phone back, at least you have your sensor now................finally...................Big Grin
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Haha no worries buddy.

I had a glance around for the cable you speak of near the exhaust whilst I was swapping the fly sensor over and couldn't locate it. Probably didn't help it wasn't jacked very high.

I'll try what you've suggested but can't see it doing anything! Sad
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2012, 01:31 PM)silverzx Wrote: Haha no worries buddy.

I had a glance around for the cable you speak of near the exhaust whilst I was swapping the fly sensor over and couldn't locate it. Probably didn't help it wasn't jacked very high.

I'll try what you've suggested but can't see it doing anything! Sad

Well it should be clipped to the subframe between the steering rack and the engine, as in directly under the exhaust manifold unless yours is routed somewhere else.........but they all have the silly auto adjuster inline thing that is part of the cable on the 306 AFAIK (unless yours again is different), that breaks or the cable dries out from the heat and goes really stiff, fine if the car is LHD (like in france) as its a much shorter run and doesn't run below the exhaust just straight across to the gearbox.

But yeah really the only choices you have are re-setting it like I said in my last post or fitting a new one.

So have you got a working rev counter now? Big Grin
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Like the fairy said, there's nothing you can do except mashing the pedal lol if you do get a new cable, heat wrap the adjuster, I've heard this helps
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ok cheers fella's.

The rev counter is now working as you will see when I bother to upload vid's & pic's. Wink
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New clutch cable needed jcsh 3 1,821 11-02-2021, 05:01 PM
Last Post: ekjdm14
  Citroen ZX 1.9 TD Clutch Cable drew 0 1,435 17-05-2019, 12:58 PM
Last Post: drew
  clutch cable routing carlukepeugeot 4 2,330 29-10-2016, 08:24 PM
Last Post: carlukepeugeot