There Must be More Than Just 306's and Golf's?????

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There Must be More Than Just 306's and Golf's?????
Also tom.. you'll quite happily tell a public forum which ANYONE can read your problems but you won't speak to someone specifically trained to help in that specific area.. little bit crazy eh?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Theres always Jap powered petrol RWD turbo'ness!

Don't forget the old school BMW's too (e30 <3)!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 03:32 PM)samass Wrote: i hear that mate, im not the best at talking, nor was my ex. but its what therapists do, they can get it out of you lol
she found it pretty awkward at first, but then it just started to flow. never say never.

Hmm......maybe you're right.

(12-07-2012, 03:42 PM)mark_airey Wrote: Don't knock it until you try it tom, you will find it hard at first discussing it with a random person, but the other way to think about it is that they know nobody you do and wont tell anyone so it can go no further, so you can look at them as someone you can say anything to and it will go no further than that Smile

That is a very good point Mark.

(12-07-2012, 03:46 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Also tom.. you'll quite happily tell a public forum which ANYONE can read your problems but you won't speak to someone specifically trained to help in that specific area.. little bit crazy eh?

Crazy? Oh yeah like everything else I do is perfectly normal! Tongue

Plus, talking through a PC screen is so much easier than actually face to face! For all I know you could all be 'bots anyway. Tongue But also don't forget, its taken me two years to actually say what happened back then.

(12-07-2012, 03:59 PM)silverzx Wrote: Theres always Jap powered petrol RWD turbo'ness!

Don't forget the old school BMW's too (e30 <3)!

I'd forgotten this thread was about cars. Tongue

But no, I can't even afford to fuel a 1.0 petrol so any petrols are definitely out. Undecided
Thanks given by:
im always right Wink
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 03:28 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote:
(12-07-2012, 03:18 PM)procta Wrote:
(12-07-2012, 03:17 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: I have the same problem mate, I work evenings and weekends so Friday and Saturday nights are spent working instead of getting sticky fingers.

its a pain in the arse isnt it!!

Yep, especially as the only time I get to interact with fit girls is when I'm delivering their pizza. I don't do too well on my own when talking to girls as the onus is generally on the man to start the conversation/keep it going, I draw a blank when thinking of something to say whereas normally I can talk for ages about nothing but if I'm in a group I'm fine.

I don't see a problem talking to girls while delivering a pizza tbh. Got me plenty of dates when I split up with my mrs. I think it's easier. The girls are usually on they're own, in there pjs no makeup, and just about to eat a big fat 12" pizza. So enough of the day they have nothing to hide from you Smile it's like speed dating. You have 1-2 minutes to make a good conversation. If she quickly hands you the money you've lost it. If your there for a while your onto a win Wink. I have loads of girls that talk to me for ages just havnt asked them out again as I keep getting back with my ex and don't want them to think anything bad from it. Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hmmm, the temptation to justify everyone's fear of the dentist with my personal experience is VERY tempting lol

And samass, you seemed confident enough at FCS!

I used to have f*ck all confidence, and will still get it sometimes and gib out of things which involve meeting new people due to nerves, but uni has helped me massively. Being thrown in at the deep end made a massive difference, moving into halls, knowing absolutely nobody and ending up with 20+ properly good friends within a week gave me a huge confidence boost!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
lol
did i?
ah well, i just kinda went for it. i was in a cracking mood, epic weekend, meeting awesome people.
i used to be proper quiet tho, never talk to anyone. when i changed schools, i pretty much said to myself, fukkit, im not gunna be the little twerp in the corner anymore.

plus, i was probably still feeling the effects of those 'tomato sandwiches' from camping... lolzz...

my point being, if you set your mind to it, you can change who you are into who you want to be.

Thanks given by:
Lol Sam....
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
wot? that was perfectly sensible

Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 04:35 PM)samass Wrote: im always right Wink

Dodgy

(12-07-2012, 05:58 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: Hmmm, the temptation to justify everyone's fear of the dentist with my personal experience is VERY tempting lol

And samass, you seemed confident enough at FCS!

I used to have f*ck all confidence, and will still get it sometimes and gib out of things which involve meeting new people due to nerves, but uni has helped me massively. Being thrown in at the deep end made a massive difference, moving into halls, knowing absolutely nobody and ending up with 20+ properly good friends within a week gave me a huge confidence boost!

Don't you even think about giving us horror stories lol, I have enough nightmares about the dentist as it is! Tongue

(12-07-2012, 06:00 PM)samass Wrote: lol
did i?
ah well, i just kinda went for it. i was in a cracking mood, epic weekend, meeting awesome people.
i used to be proper quiet tho, never talk to anyone. when i changed schools, i pretty much said to myself, fukkit, im not gunna be the little twerp in the corner anymore.

plus, i was probably still feeling the effects of those 'tomato sandwiches' from camping... lolzz...

my point being, if you set your mind to it, you can change who you are into who you want to be.

Tomato sandwhiches?

Hmm, I'm not sure, I still think the saying is right about a leapourd (spelling mind blank) not changing its stripes. :/
Thanks given by:
yeah its a code word of sorts... goes to a story i told the guys about the shop where they teach you how to grow 'tomato plants'.... i guess you can figure out the rest lolz

i see what you mean about the tiger not changing its spots, or the leopard its stripes (sorry, troll, couldnt resist), but i thought the same way. it really is a mental battle, and instead of saying 'i can't' and start saying 'i can' you actually find that yes, you can.

simple analogy, riding a bike. when i was kid i kept telling myself i couldnt do it cuz i kept falling off all the time, but once i said to myself, 'sure, its not that hard, my sister can do it ffs, so can i' and then away i went.
its all about mindset dude. put your mind to it, and you can do it. just gotta take it little steps at a time.

Thanks given by:
Sam when I first met you you was well quiet!

Tom, get some mental help. I know you probably can't think of anything worse right now but it will change your life and there is no point in living the rest of your life regretting not doing it! Life's too short to worry about things and no matter how bad things get, there is always light at the end of the tunnel......generally the hind head tunnel with fooby constantly passing you on the limiter.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Hmm, lol, yeah leopard, f*ck I'm getting retarded as well now haha.

Seriously though, how do I change my mindset!? I know its stuck on pessimism atm....

(12-07-2012, 09:43 PM)Niall Wrote: Sam when I first met you you was well quiet!

Tom, get some mental help. I know you probably can't think of anything worse right now but it will change your life and there is no point in living the rest of your life regretting not doing it! Life's too short to worry about things and no matter how bad things get, there is always light at the end of the tunnel......generally the hind head tunnel with fooby constantly passing you on the limiter.

Even if I could face doing that, don't you have you have to go through a doctor first? Sad
Thanks given by:
I've never done it but I would of thought so but if you have a phobia of doctors, it will be a big step for you to 'man up' and get to the doctors. Might take you time to do it but you willbe happy with your self when you finally do.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
what Niall said. that can be one of the steps, and you'll feel epic when you do it.

and yeah, but am i now? Big Grin

Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 09:55 PM)samass Wrote: what Niall said. that can be one of the steps, and you'll feel epic when you do it.

and yeah, but am i now? Big Grin

No...if anything you freak me out at how your always trying to insert your manhood in various holes on my body....
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
shut up, you love it.

Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 10:05 PM)samass Wrote: shut up, you love it.

I do.... I'm just so ashamed Sad
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
embrace it. you get laid SO much more Wink

Thanks given by:
Hmm, I don't want to end up quite as 'friendly' as you then samass! Tongue
Thanks given by:
sure you do, it's great fun!

Thanks given by:
As much as this will sound like im bigging Sam up, you would love to be like him Tom. As much as a freak as he is, he's a good laugh! If you can't have a laugh, you must live a boring life?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
awwww always knew you loved me Inlove

but true. i may be a little f*cking odd, but i do what i want, and i have a laugh as i do it. i used to really care what people thought of me, and now, i quite clearly dont a flying monkey's butt f*ck.
which is great!

Thanks given by:
I never cared tbh and hats why I was unpopular at school. Because I was me instead of being the same as everyone else. Did I care? Not really!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 10:16 PM)Niall Wrote: As much as this will sound like im bigging Sam up, you would love to be like him Tom. As much as a freak as he is, he's a good laugh! If you can't have a laugh, you must live a boring life?

Well I do live a boring life lol (you know people are like their cars right... Tongue ). However I do still see the funny side to stuff (often only after the event though)....'If you're not laughing, you'd be crying' I remember hearing once......

Unfortunately that often involves taking the piss out of myself/my car, and making witty remrks about others too lol. Watching comedy shows or comedians is always good as well though.

As for giving a shit.....I'm past that now, I couldn't give a f*ck anymore tbh. I'm genuinely not bothered what other people think now. Is that a good thing....I don't really know. Probably not, as I can't really be arsed to get out of bed these days, I'm barely shaving once a week now, can't be arsed to find some clean jeans so ill stick with the oily ripped ones and can't be arsed to wash the car either, I'm not showing it off so what's the point lol.
Thanks given by:
Dude unless you're probably 4 feet tall or seriously athletic you need to get some meat on you lmao!

And as for getting over my predicament it was fairly easy I've been bullied through my life from nursery right up until present day I was even stabbed in school because the other person didn't like me so I got the usual "Ahahahahah he's shat himself!" as per usual but after a couple of days just like kids if you don't react they soon get bored!

Honestly dude take a risk or 2 I'm not saying do what I did and jump on a monstrous 750 and damn near kill yourself (was fun though!) just live a little you'll be a hell of a lot happier for it I swear!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 11:58 PM)InkedMuttley Wrote: Dude unless you're probably 4 feet tall or seriously athletic you need to get some meat on you lmao!

And as for getting over my predicament it was fairly easy I've been bullied through my life from nursery right up until present day I was even stabbed in school because the other person didn't like me so I got the usual "Ahahahahah he's shat himself!" as per usual but after a couple of days just like kids if you don't react they soon get bored!

Honestly dude take a risk or 2 I'm not saying do what I did and jump on a monstrous 750 and damn near kill yourself (was fun though!) just live a little you'll be a hell of a lot happier for it I swear!

Nah I don't mind being thin.....makes the power to weight ratio of the car better when I'm driving. Tongue

you were stabbed as well! :o. Lol, you seem to have been through a lot of crap so far! Undecided

Well I may take a risk today and try something new.....a new type of biscuit perhaps. Confused
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2012, 10:34 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(12-07-2012, 10:16 PM)Niall Wrote: As much as this will sound like im bigging Sam up, you would love to be like him Tom. As much as a freak as he is, he's a good laugh! If you can't have a laugh, you must live a boring life?

Well I do live a boring life lol (you know people are like their cars right... Tongue ). However I do still see the funny side to stuff (often only after the event though)....'If you're not laughing, you'd be crying' I remember hearing once......

Unfortunately that often involves taking the piss out of myself/my car, and making witty remrks about others too lol. Watching comedy shows or comedians is always good as well though.

As for giving a shit.....I'm past that now, I couldn't give a f*ck anymore tbh. I'm genuinely not bothered what other people think now. Is that a good thing....I don't really know. Probably not, as I can't really be arsed to get out of bed these days, I'm barely shaving once a week now, can't be arsed to find some clean jeans so ill stick with the oily ripped ones and can't be arsed to wash the car either, I'm not showing it off so what's the point lol.

That last paragraph is normal tbh for someone your age. I sit around in trackie bottoms when at home (when I bother to get out of bed) and only shave when it starts looking bad. Bodywork on my car isn't great so don't bother washing it too often, especially as it'll rain half an hour later Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
I shave every few days because I don't mind a bit of stubble (used to grow a beard), and the Skoda never gets washed because what's the point with this weather? I don't like it anyway...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(13-07-2012, 12:55 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote:
(12-07-2012, 10:34 PM)Toms306 Wrote:

That last paragraph is normal tbh for someone your age. I sit around in trackie bottoms when at home (when I bother to get out of bed) and only shave when it starts looking bad. Bodywork on my car isn't great so don't bother washing it too often, especially as it'll rain half an hour later Rolleyes

Might be normal for you, but it certainly wasn't normal for me a few weeks/months ago. Undecided
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1.9 Dturbo 205 vs pd mk2 golf pugtk 11 2,530 14-07-2017, 06:13 AM
Last Post: Danny Wideboy
  xud van vs golf gti 1.8 t xudlingo 30 5,130 21-09-2015, 12:58 PM
Last Post: xudlingo
  Anyone play golf? THE_Liam 25 11,070 19-07-2015, 10:45 AM
Last Post: THE_Liam