306 HDI 3dr Moonstone The shed! Now back to stage one. intercooler now coming off

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 HDI 3dr Moonstone The shed! Now back to stage one. intercooler now coming off
Yeah that's right, boost'll rise by a couple of psi with the s2 map anyway, doesn't need much adjusting to reach 19 from there. Ah i see, hope there's enough room, always thought it would rub on the bonnet up there... Do you mean you're going to run the pipe down the drivers side of the rad? It's a bit tight.... Quite impressive how much room the aircon takes up isn't it lol.

Swapping injectors is easy enough, which belt are you using to lose the compressor, are you going for the full non-aircon assembly, or just the 6PK1173?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(04-09-2012, 06:42 PM)Poodle Wrote: Yeah that's right, boost'll rise by a couple of psi with the s2 map anyway, doesn't need much adjusting to reach 19 from there. Ah i see, hope there's enough room, always thought it would rub on the bonnet up there... Do you mean you're going to run the pipe down the drivers side of the rad? It's a bit tight.... Quite impressive how much room the aircon takes up isn't it lol.

Swapping injectors is easy enough, which belt are you using to lose the compressor, are you going for the full non-aircon assembly, or just the 6PK1173?

It will be tight under bonnet should clear ok, and yer down drivers side of rad will probly have to grind a bit off slam pannel off i think, and as for the belt the closest they could get is a 6pk 1180 so sure that will be fine....... Booked in garage to get my naffed up brakes sorted tomorrow

Thanks given by:
Fair enough, hope it's good for you anyway, will be watching with interest.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Had shorter belt fitted now and removed air con pump, run most of the other side of intercooler pipe, nearly ready to plumb the rest in now.....also Back box fell off last night so this morning went to fetch some pipe and a tip this morning and de-backboxed it slight more noise now and can defo feel the turbo spool up a bit quicker, will be emptying cat out soon (when i can be bothered to take it off) any way heres pics

[Image: 306new53.jpg]
[Image: 306new52.jpg]

^^^^ Gone for a small tip as want it to look as standard as possible for the sleeper effect comments welcome

Thanks given by:
Looks smart buddy.

Is the air-con gubbins easy to remove? I might do the same on mine, simply because it takes up unecessary space!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(14-09-2012, 10:45 AM)c.a.r. Wrote: Looks smart buddy.

Is the air-con gubbins easy to remove? I might do the same on mine, simply because it takes up unecessary space!

it took me about 20 mins to remove pump after belt was done (i let garage do belt) ive left most of pipes in place, and rad come out when i removed the standard fans was easy with bummper off doubt it will be easy with bummper in place tho. weights a fair bit the air con pump, also felt like the car was more happy to rev after it was off might just be me imagining it tho lol

Thanks given by:
TBH I would rather just lose the crap that gets in the way of the oil filter, so hack off the pipe literally with a hacksaw!

But I imagine the aux setup would be more efficient with less on it, so I might look into removing it. Bumper off sounds like an arse ache though. Can you remove the foglights without removing the bumper do you know?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
not sure tbh not tried but theres only 3 bolts that hold each fog in possibly be able to get to them with car up in air and your hands behind bumper, And yer by removing pump can get to oil filter loads better

Thanks given by:
I'd imagine it would be very awkward to remove the fogs with the bumper on. One of the brackets sits deep into the bumper and needs an extension on a socket to get to it

I like the de backbox.

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Taking the front end off one of these is piss-easy, it's only four bolts, takes me less than 10 minutes.

You may as well take the pump off Chris, again it's only four bolts and you'd be amazed at how much the buggers weigh.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Well Car is now intercooled :-D finished running all pipes this morning what a ball ache!!! dont think i will attempt it agin, but its all sorted boost gauge working most i had it up to was 14psi witch i think is about standard only been on a quick spin, no pics at min as i was covered in oil head to toe lol will get some pics up asap, carnt wait to get it remaped now :-)

Thanks given by:
Pics of routing mate...... I like seeing shiny pipes!!!

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Well had fun last night driving it defo notice the difference in power, barely have to press the pedal to get it to cruise round at 30, and when i do put foot down can notice the push it to my seat more, carnt wait to see the power difference when i can afford the stage 2 remap, had one pipe pop off nearly smashed my head on steering wheel when it did lol, been fine since i put it back together tho any way the pipe routeing for you guys.

[Image: 306new54.jpg]
[Image: 306new56.jpg]
[Image: 306new55.jpg]
[Image: 306new57.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Had to change the bottom pipe behind rad as it poped of twice i deiced it wasnt long enough so now sits inside the rubber pipe 3 inch should be fine now, im not sure weather to change the top pipe in to a hard pipe with the way it expands under boost might do it at a later date, any way managed to get the engine cover on had to chop the back edge a bit as it was hitting the master cylinder just a shame it has a Citroen badge on lol

[Image: 306new58.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Been a while since i updated so heres a few things

I have replaced the wish bone and anti roll bar link
[Image: 306new59.jpg]

Also de-egr it, and did a video of the 30-60mph (still on standard map file)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DIvSven4b4&feature=plcp
Ignore my voice Undecided

I got a stage 2 map what i tried and first thing every time i put my foot down in second it cut out, so didnt put my foot down went in to third put my foot down and it just slipped the clutch so a new clutch is in order think im going to go with a standard valeo one see if it takes it if not sort out a limited toque map. I did have a moment of "carnt be arsed with this will just put it up for swaps" but ive changed my mind now and decied im going to keep and slowly but surely i will get to the stage 2 power. Bad news is when im trying to pull up hills in 4th or 5th the clutch slips between 1,800-2,200 revs but bites agin after this, so no wonder the car carnt hold stage 2 power if its struggling with standard lol

Thanks given by:
Glaf your keeping it...

You could always pop a berlingo clutch in..... slightly more expensive but the few folk that have tried them say they hold torque better... do some research

And the cutting should be either your in tank filter that's clogged or your fuel pressure regulator that again may be clogged. Clean both and see what happens. Here

http://www.theywhoshallnotbenamed/forum/...ight=p0230

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Bit of an update not much happening really as skint with my gf just losing her job then going in for an operation, Clutch has stopped slipping (on standard map) must have bedded it self back in, plan is to get a limmited toque map and see if the clutch holds if not will replace clutch for a standard valeo one, been and bought some phase 3 bump strips and ended up comeing away with a boot full of bits lol (selling some of the bits i dont need if you need owt) also car has seen 160k now..... any way the pics

all the bits i got (basically a complete engine lol)
[Image: 306new60.jpg]

Phase 3 bump strips in first coat of primer (gota get paint yet so will be a while till there on the car)
[Image: 306new62.jpg]

And 160k
[Image: 306new61.jpg]

Carnt wait to get map sorted out so i can get some more power really bored of the car at the min Sad

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
How much do you want for the block and head?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
will pm you mate

another update for today painted bump strips was only £3.50 for paint!! bargain so they are drying now, also i ordered a new cat (as it was cheaper than de-cat pipe) also i wanted it to look like cat was still in as reading up on the rules on the mot if a cat was in as standard they need to be in for mot so i cut it open just waiting to get it welded up by a mate

[Image: 306new63.jpg]

[Image: 306new64.jpg]
[Image: 306new65.jpg]

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
My rubstrips are well f*cked down the passenger side. I just keep putting the job off because I don't see the car from that side often lol.

Looking good fella.
Thanks given by:
Lol mine has phase 2 bump strips on for some reason so thats why I bought some phase 3 ones should look better when there on

Thanks given by:
Bump strips now on, all apart from drivers side wing as didnt relise the bit were you slide the clip is isnt there so will need to get some glue i think. Quite please with them to say ive painted them near enough bang on paint match, also gave car a quick wash fist time in about a month lol, anyway pic's

[Image: 306new68.jpg]
[Image: 306new67.jpg]
[Image: 306new66.jpg]

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
Looking good fella, you sorted the cutting out yet? And you dont need the cat for the mot, the wording is confusing, but its basically not a testable item on these cars.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(16-10-2012, 10:15 AM)Poodle Wrote: Looking good fella, you sorted the cutting out yet? And you dont need the cat for the mot, the wording is confusing, but its basically not a testable item on these cars.

Im just going by what it says on here

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/car...-2012.html

"Exhaust
A catalytic convertor fitted as original equipment but missing will be a reason for failure."

Im running on standard map cos the clutch couldn't take the stage 2 toque and it only cut out on the stage 2 map, so not really done any thing about it (as its not cutting out on standard map), im going to go for a limited toque map eventually then if ive still got the cutting out issues then will start looking in to it. just need to raise some money to get the limmited toque map and possible a vaelo clutch if it carnt hold the limited toque

Thanks given by:
Ive got the new testers manual somewhere, pm me your email address if you want it. Smile

Where are you based? Might be able to help.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Im in chesterfield some way from you lol but thanks for offer

Thanks given by:
You should be fine with an MOT mate - loads of people on here have passed with straight pipes.
Thanks given by:
Yer I just wanted to be safe theres always one strict mot tester, but the cat was cheaper that the decat pipe so that made me buy it as well

Thanks given by:
sweet looking hdi! With the de back box, just how noisy is it? Also where did you get the pipe from? i'd love a guide on this, i want to de-backbox mine but need advice and steps on how to do it because i'm simple minded like that
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2012, 10:44 PM)aaron_one Wrote: sweet looking hdi! With the de back box, just how noisy is it? Also where did you get the pipe from? i'd love a guide on this, i want to de-backbox mine but need advice and steps on how to do it because i'm simple minded like that

Its really simple tbh you need a straight bit of pipe (i went for 54mm) i bought it from a local car parts place was £14 for 2 meters, a tip think mine is a 2 inch tip that cost £7.99, and some rod to make hanging brackets i bought some off ebay a while ago for about £10, Then took the back box off sat the pipe inside the flange weld round it, the hanging brackets make 1 or 2 cut them to size and weld them in place then fit your tip really simple took around 10mins to do just make sure when you weld it in to the flange make sure the pipe looks like its in the center of the cut out (if you have one) as for noise its not really loud i can hear a difference but its not massive, i would like it louder tbh but hoping and empty cat will make it louder, i noticed a difference in turbo spooling up tho, will see what noise is like when the empty cat is put on if noise is not different then i will be tempted to empty the center silencer

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation PH1 genesis STDT sedan! Stage 2 soon be stage 3 GT20 strictly_perv 127 36,965 16-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Last Post: MissTap_GTI6
  D-Shed mspdan 5 1,420 31-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Tom
  205 td shed kernow_joe 44 12,010 25-06-2013, 09:25 PM
Last Post: kernow_joe