306 HDI 3dr Moonstone The shed! Now back to stage one. intercooler now coming off

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 HDI 3dr Moonstone The shed! Now back to stage one. intercooler now coming off
Simon I do now have a 3 door. My first ever 3 door.

Chris sorry to say but I used to do takeaways too and my body work was mint. Car was always clean. I never let the job stop me from enjoying my car and making it look good.

Ok maybe I had a fog light missing but that's all the range! Smile.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sachs plate should be good hopefully shouldn't feel too heavy at the pedal

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2012, 11:32 AM)Arron Wrote: Sachs plate should be good hopefully shouldn't feel too heavy at the pedal

Should feel standard as it will have the valeo pressure plate, well that what dave (mr whippy) told his was like he said it suffered from slight judder in first but think i can live with that if it holds all that extra toque :-)

@keniiboii
Well im not planing on entering a concourse competition any time soon i no body work aint the best but it could be a hell of a lot worse!! i enjoy my car but i expect to pic up the odd dint scratch etc, body is a lot better than when i first got it..... carnt say im that fussed about it tbh

Thanks given by:
I get what your saying dude. But think all the extra money your spending looking for power gains. But if you spent the same amount of time you do with the power on your body work a little bit and your car would be closer to bring worth the 1.5k you was after before.

Sorry but tuning a car doesn't make it worth any more money as standard ones.

You work in a takeaway so your only job relys on your car working its best. So tuning it for high gains and potentionally weakening the engine isn't the best idea. I'd wait till you have a job that doesn't rely on your car. I ended up loosing my job when my car broke because they couldn't afford to wait for my car to be fixed. Don't want the same happening to you as it's your only Job.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2012, 03:45 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: I get what your saying dude. But think all the extra money your spending looking for power gains. But if you spent the same amount of time you do with the power on your body work a little bit and your car would be closer to bring worth the 1.5k you was after before.

Sorry but tuning a car doesn't make it worth any more money as standard ones.

You work in a takeaway so your only job relys on your car working its best. So tuning it for high gains and potentionally weakening the engine isn't the best idea. I'd wait till you have a job that doesn't rely on your car. I ended up loosing my job when my car broke because they couldn't afford to wait for my car to be fixed. Don't want the same happening to you as it's your only Job.

I no what you mean but when i am at work the car hardly ever gose over 2,000rpm tbh yer i am tuning my car to get say 150bhp 275ftlbs toque but i carnt see that doing massive amounts of damage to the engine i think all the damage i have already done(hp pump clutch), theres a few ppl on here that have run stage 2 power for years with no problem, with mine haveing new high pressure pump carnt see that going for a long time, the engine its self tbh if it sees 200,000 i will be happy, i service it every 6 k half the mileage thats recommend so that should help it along, also i made sure that im insured to drive any other car (with my buissnes insurance to) and i am lucky enough to have quite a few ppl who will lend me there car so if worst comes to worst i could use there car which i have plenty of times in the past with the problems ive had with this. As for body work i would love it to look mint when i first got it i went round a few places to get quotes but nearly every one said im looking around £500 basicly re spray every thing apart from the roof.

My plans are sort clutch, boost gauge, and boost leak. Then get a better remap once clutch is bedded in, after that i will consider sorting cosmetics and get it looking good. Sure that will be a long time yet tho......

Oh and i no my car aint worth £1500 i was just being daft to put it up at that price, i wanted a swap really..... so glad i kept it tbh all tho i still have the idea of a d turbo in the back of my head maybe when this car dies i may get one :-)

Thanks given by:
New boost gauge come this morning so fitted it straight away.... was a bit pissed off to find there wasnt any bolts for the clamp but managed to put tape round the gauge to hold it in place for now.

[Image: 306new78.jpg]

Not sure if its a decent boost gauge will see how i get on with it.

Next up is order sach's paddle when ive got enough money and a intercooler pipe kit so i can sort out the boost leak..... Slowly but surely will get there :-)

Thanks given by:
looking good mate iirc splitfires a good make to Smile

oh i feel your pain with those locking wheel nuts went to swap the wheels on the 206 earlyer and all four was all ready rounded off ffs! looks like someone has already had a go at drilling them to :/
Thanks given by:
Oh dear, get a bolt welded on like I had to, have they got the anti tamper thing on top of them like mine did? So as soon as you smash a socket on it snaps the head of the bolt off.

Just won a pipe kit on ebay so hopefuly sort the boost leak out :-) just the clutch to sort now looking forward to being able to put my foot down agin and getting a better remap once cluch has bedded in

Thanks given by:
Glad you've persevered with it. The car should be fine running 150bhp on a daily, engine wise I'd trust more than an xud at 150... I've noticed it uses a bit more oil tho.....

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(30-11-2012, 07:35 AM)Arron Wrote: Glad you've persevered with it. The car should be fine running 150bhp on a daily, engine wise I'd trust more than an xud at 150... I've noticed it uses a bit more oil tho.....

Carnt say ive lost any oil on mine yet but its hardly been over 2,000rpm cos of the clutch cant wait to see what it goes like hope im happy with it lol, Considering a turbo upgrade or hybrid maybe after i have done every thing else but not sure need to do some resurch and see what gains i will get as no plans on ugradeing pump seen as its only done 1000 mile since new lol

Thanks given by:
Definitely an hybrid Turbo... something you only want to do once! Reliable boost with little lag... no point in putting something too big.... we can't rev up anyway and can achieve 160bhp just by mapping/sensor work. With not much smoke..

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(30-11-2012, 11:33 AM)Arron Wrote: Definitely an hybrid Turbo... something you only want to do once! Reliable boost with little lag... no point in putting something too big.... we can't rev up anyway and can achieve 160bhp just by mapping/sensor work. With not much smoke..

Sounds good may have to look in to it once clutch is sorted, Are your intercooler pipes beaded? or just flat? dont no if its worth makeing a tool up to bead my pipes to stop them popping off

Thanks given by:
No beads at all... never popped an hose but there's very little hose in my system. Where are you leaking boost

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Some were on the intercooler pipeing just bought a propa pipe kit instead of my boged togeather stuff I got, hopefuly that will sort the leak out, will see how I get on with it

Thanks given by:
Couple of updates Intercooler pipe kit has come also got a better connector for the 406 bottom pipe to the turbo, Starting to get stuff ready for the clutch, Been and got genuine oil for it and the Sachs paddle is now on order hopeing that its here before saturday if its here in time will be doing it in my dads garage will be alot better than doing it on road out side mine lol. So its all starting to come together, Once clutch is bedded in will see mr whippy agin and get the best map possible for all my mods, Carnt wait to see how it goes :-)

[Image: 306new80.jpg]
[Image: 306new79.jpg]
[Image: 306new81.jpg]

Comments Welcome

Thanks given by:
Looks like a good set of pipes, ready beaded too.

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
So not really much to update apart from the whole car is falling to bits Angry i still have a boost leak even after fitting the new intercooler pipe kit, I have an enoyning squeak from what i think is the bottom pully, just seems to be one thing after another! Really Really getting fed up with it now..... will it ever end??

Still awaiting the sachs paddle to come that should have been here yesterday. And every time euro car parts say there going to ring me back they dont.

Car has just been droped off at garage to have the exhaust manifold gaskit done as that is on its way out. And to top it of on my way there i get a flat tyre FFS!!

So the list of things to do is.
1. Get a bottom pully think im going for a solid one just to save money in the long run.
2. Get clutch fitted (if it ever comes)
3. Come to the bottom of the boost leak
4. Do oil and oil filter (just done 6k so gona change it for peace of mind)

Then hopefully i can have a few months were i dont have to spend on it...... Ha ha i can only dream

Please some one persuade me to keep it and not just bin the shed

Thanks given by:
KEEP IT !!!!!!!!! at least yours is on the road and doesnt pressurise the coolant Sad there all easy things to fix Smile
oh and let me know when you thinking of getting a solid pully the 206 ones on its way i think should save on postage or something Smile
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2012, 11:10 AM)ash23 Wrote: KEEP IT !!!!!!!!! at least yours is on the road and doesnt pressurise the coolant Sad there all easy things to fix Smile
oh and let me know when you thinking of getting a solid pully the 206 ones on its way i think should save on postage or something Smile

Ive just been on phone to lynx place that dose them, But the guy i need to speak to wasnt there so ive sent them an e-mail, see if they get back to me i will let you no.

I no there easy but its like will it ever end im hopeing once its all done i can have a few month to enjoy my car and all the hard work and money thats gone on to it not be laid under it agin fixing the next problem lol

Thanks given by:
Not enough pictorz!!!!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
The car is now back to a stage one map, clutch is holding alll way though revs, the intercooler is comeing off and im unsure if im going to sell the car or just run it in to ground till mot then scrap or brake it...... Really had enough with all the issues so just gave up on it.... probly be last update on this now.

Thanks given by:
what intercooler is on it?. how come you gone to stage 1
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Fed up with boost leaks and the clutch sliping, if u look though pics on here theres pics of the cooler when I put it on, but it might have already sold

Thanks given by:
What happened with the clutch dude

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
What u mean arron? Cars back to a stage 1 now, intercooler is off and back to the turbo to inlet set up, feels nice to drive agin, might keep it for a bit now but still not sure

Thanks given by:
The Sachs plate. Sounded like a good plan... was going to let you do it then kind of copy...!!!

You sold the elbow n other FM bits? Lad on my fb Ashley might b interested
.. add him

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(11-12-2012, 11:46 AM)Arron Wrote: The Sachs plate. Sounded like a good plan... was going to let you do it then kind of copy...!!!

You sold the elbow n other FM bits? Lad on my fb Ashley might b interested
.. add him

intercooler provisionally sold bloke superposed to be comeing tomorrow, but still got the 406 bits that are for sale, and the sachs plate i cancled the order cos i decied to not bother. Ive got the full valeo kit here with cable and gear box oil £100 to your door ;-) then all you need is the sachs plate

Thanks given by:
Do you know the p/n for the Sachs plate... I already have a new clutch to go on but wanna use the Sachs plate to try make the pedal less stiff... I'll pm you on facebook mate

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Part number was 881861 999857 i ordered from euro car parts was just under £200 all in

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation PH1 genesis STDT sedan! Stage 2 soon be stage 3 GT20 strictly_perv 127 36,964 16-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Last Post: MissTap_GTI6
  D-Shed mspdan 5 1,420 31-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Tom
  205 td shed kernow_joe 44 12,010 25-06-2013, 09:25 PM
Last Post: kernow_joe