Foobys PH2 Diablo GTi6 Project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foobys PH2 Diablo GTi6 Project
In the intrest of collecting together all the phase2 bits of information that have fallen from this car...

[Image: th_VID_20111228_160831.jpg]

On a more serious note, looking through the photos at the beginning of this thread (from when someone who knew what they were doing -aka Scott! - actually properly cleaned this car) it's a really mint example mate.

You need to get this sorted out and nice and shinyshiny for summer Big Grin I'll even help with that Tongue
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Kimmie Wrote:I'd like to point out that when Fooby said Scott cleaned the car.....he spent 6 hours on it!

Crazy man

Errm I've probably spent best part of 4 weekends correcting the shit paint on my car and it's still not finished. Especially seeing as people keep driving Into it!

Fooby, you need to get this working and on the road. Driving the Ibiza must be shite
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Lol video of win, driving a 306 where it belongs, in the shit!

Pft whos that chav revving his ratcanmobile half way through the video? Wink
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I must admit i was waiting for it to get traction and go flying backwards into the wall behind it lol
Phase 1 306 Dturbo Sigma Blue a.k.a THE LADY

[Image: redranger.jpg]
Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:Lol video of win, driving a 306 where it belongs, in the shit!

Bahaha, your couch Darren! Tongue trying to put it through a driving cycle without actually driving it anywhere lol!! (And slightly being a chav...!)

That ibiza isn't actually that bad tbh, but its nothing on the 6 fo sho.

By the by, a small update; Foobs' got day insurance out last weekend and came up to visit; we went for an epic drive down some of the roads my way. Fookin ace it was, the sun was out, it was warm, windows down, lots of bwaaarp, so much win Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Ed Doe Wrote:
darrenjlobb Wrote:Lol video of win, driving a 306 where it belongs, in the shit!

Bahaha, your couch Darren! Tongue trying to put it through a driving cycle without actually driving it anywhere lol!! (And slightly being a chav...!)

That ibiza isn't actually that bad tbh, but its nothing on the 6 fo sho.

By the by, a small update; Foobs' got day insurance out last weekend and came up to visit; we went for an epic drive down some of the roads my way. Fookin ace it was, the sun was out, it was warm, windows down, lots of bwaaarp, so much win Big Grin

I wish i could do that with my car. It's not happy at all at the moment Sad
Still, Friday we can commence the rebuild Smile
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
trololol
[Image: IMG_20120416_210509.jpg]

also again for lol's
[Image: th_VID_20111228_160831.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
This car has disappeared off the map recently, along with it's footwear-related accident prone owner also....

About time they both made an appearance! And about time the poor car got a half-decent clean!!
Thanks given by:
Mentioned this to him earlier! Told him I'll clean it for him if he buys the products. I'll be sending over a list tomorrow lol
Thanks given by:
We still need this detailing day before fcs!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Well to follow phills lead and seen as fooby dosent post his own pics heres a couple of old ones from me.

[Image: CurtsJuly1102.jpg]
[Image: CurtsJuly1101.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:Mentioned this to him earlier! Told him I'll clean it for him if he buys the products. I'll be sending over a list tomorrow lol

lol He needs to bloody learn to clean it properly himself. Everytime his car's been detailed, it's been done by someone else. Half the satisfaction of it is in standing back after 6hours of cleaning/waxing/polishing and just admiring the end-result! aaand then getting it covered in brake dust again ninja

But yeah, I'm up for helping you and Fooby out giving it a good going over before FCS Smile

Niall Wrote:We still need this detailing day before fcs!

Yes!! We really do need to do this! Just no idea now time-wise when it'll happen! If things go to plan as discussed last night, then we could probably sort something out for the weekend of 9th & 10th, if I'm not called in to work on 9th...

Either that or I'll have to just give it the 2bucket treatment the Friday morning before driving up. If it's sunny It'll get covered in flies anyway, and if its raining it'll get shit-high before I get there, so either way It'll need another going over when I get there! Just hope there is time for a proper detailing session with some wax (ooh-err!) to seal it so It's easier to clean up for the show! Sad
Thanks given by:
I'm going to be detailing mine on the Saturday at the campsite. Just need to give it a good clean before I drive up.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I knew i had a project thread in here somewhere...

Well.. stand back, hope your sitting down. I CLEANED MY OWN CAR!!!! Confusedhock: :o

and when i say cleaned... i mean 2 bucket method, rinse (your couch ed) then i clayed it and SRP'd it. Much thanks to scott for letting me use your clay buddy Smile

So after being supervised on the above methods and me finishing SRP'ing my car. I was promptly told that unless you wax it after SRP'ing the first hint of rain washes off the SRP... Well we ran out of time that evening and we needed food, so it was left as a morning job... well, it fecking rained didnt it. So i drive to scotts in the morning and SRP my car again.. myself.

It threatened to rain again but we waited a little bit and then i waxed the car. Now, scott really wanted to get started on his car, so he showed me how to wax the car and left me to it... foolish mistake. Pretty much what 5-6 cars worth of wax i used just on my car? Apparently (shock horror) too much power was used and i'd used a feck load of wax all over the car. Shiney shiney, but scott wasnt best pleased. So thanks for putting up with me using all your wax Big Grin

Either way, sooooooooo shiney, was really nice to get it done myself. I dont think i've done an amazing job as its was mostly my first time, i think moving forward i'll be a little slower and make sure i get every nook and cranny.

Some pics:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
shiney! shame about the colour tho. should have parked it in a tent after to make sure it didnt get wet...
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Not surprised it was heading, the amount of wax on there was enough for my whole street lol

Dont forget your bumper also got fitted correctly (well, as good as possible given the lack of bolts) instead of being completely bodged on and left rattling around every time the wind blows Wink
Thanks given by:
Makes me consider actually washing my own car. Do we still have a hosepipe ban in north west london?
Thanks given by:
Much broken recently?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(10-06-2012, 11:20 PM)Fooby Wrote: I knew i had a project thread in here somewhere...

Well.. stand back, hope your sitting down. I CLEANED MY OWN CAR!!!! Confusedhock: :o

and when i say cleaned... i mean 2 bucket method, rinse (your couch ed) then i clayed it and SRP'd it. Much thanks to scott for letting me use your clay buddy Smile

So after being supervised on the above methods and me finishing SRP'ing my car. I was promptly told that unless you wax it after SRP'ing the first hint of rain washes off the SRP... Well we ran out of time that evening and we needed food, so it was left as a morning job... well, it fecking rained didnt it. So i drive to scotts in the morning and SRP my car again.. myself.

It threatened to rain again but we waited a little bit and then i waxed the car. Now, scott really wanted to get started on his car, so he showed me how to wax the car and left me to it... foolish mistake. Pretty much what 5-6 cars worth of wax i used just on my car? Apparently (shock horror) too much power was used and i'd used a feck load of wax all over the car. Shiney shiney, but scott wasnt best pleased. So thanks for putting up with me using all your wax Big Grin

Either way, sooooooooo shiney, was really nice to get it done myself. I dont think i've done an amazing job as its was mostly my first time, i think moving forward i'll be a little slower and make sure i get every nook and cranny.

Some pics:

God is this the same car i seen at fcs? dont recognize it when it clean?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
@matt your couch, its not broken

@puglove, yes it was the same car Smile
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
Broken yet Tongue

Don't worry I'm now part of the phase 2 broken car club too lmao
Thanks given by:
I expect this effort on sunday Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Do you want to do mine.....for cookies.lol.

Looks good though, must of took a while.
[Image: untitled_zps1adc0365.png]
138 BHP XSI
(21:20:51) Just_Sean: i had a pokey bum wank in the bath once and i shit you not, i burped a bubble
Thanks given by:
Failby do you still own a 6 or are you pretending like puglove?

Come on you aint posted in here in nearly 13 months
Thanks given by:
He does own it still, I saw it last week. A rare sight, but it still exists haha
Thanks given by:
(09-07-2013, 10:22 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Come on you aint posted in here in nearly 13 months

Must have been at the same time he last logged in to the forum. Dedication.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Still wont see this in months either...
Thanks given by:
f*ck it.

Ed/Anyone, did you hear about the 5 legged spider that approached Grant the other day?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Yes Ginge. I understand it was very hostile and kept spitting at people
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Confusedface
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo... Kwik 90 40,661 24-02-2021, 11:51 PM
Last Post: stevieg
  Diablo GTi6 restoration Joep83 2 2,229 27-09-2018, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Joep83
  Moonstone GTi6 Track-Lite Project reese 28 14,629 29-01-2017, 09:34 AM
Last Post: reese