Fitting challengers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitting challengers
Basically I'm thinking of getting some challengers for my 306. I just want to know what I need to fit them as in spacers, wheel bolts, etc
Thanks given by:
Iirc they need 10mm spacers. And then obviously slightly longer bolts
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Would I need spacers for front and back?
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2012, 10:14 PM)nufc4frosty Wrote: Would I need spacers for front and back?

i would have thought so! You may not need them on one end but itll look stupid if one is wider than the other!
Thanks given by:
Minimum 10mm on the back iirc. And flat seated tapered bolts. Which you can't get extended so I've done as most on here have which Is buy a stud conversion.
Like rowell said don't look right and was also told don't handle with with different spacers so I've gone 15mm all round. All in all cost me just over £130 to fit.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2012, 10:20 PM)SRowell Wrote: i would have thought so! You may not need them on one end but itll look stupid if one is wider than the other!

They are different widths anyway, the front is wider than the back by nearly 30mm IIRC

plus the rear wheels sit much further into the arches than the front as standard which IMO looks shit Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Yeah the back do fit in the arches a bit more I noticed that.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Different size spacers will not affect handling lol.
Thanks given by:
(05-07-2012, 08:42 AM)Dan! Wrote: Different size spacers will not affect handling lol.

I know right....mine seems to handle ok anyway Rofl
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Sorry someone advised me it makes a little difference. Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
I had some on my old car with no arch liners and some 3mm shims and standard bolts worked for them. Did look a bit gash though being set in at the back so I went for some 10mm ones in the end and you can get extended bolts online if you look. In fact, I'm pretty sure mine came from a company in Notts and will try and find out but it was a few years back now.

Fronts can go straight on though ThumbsUp

EDIT - RoadRunner Motorsport is where I got mine from though can't remember the size needed
but they should be able to help you out.
Thanks given by:
The spacers will effect handling to some extent, its adusting the track width of the car, so will always have an effect..

But more to the point, on stock struts, the fronts WILL fit with nothing, and back NEED 5mm...then they will fit, BUT will look totally gash with anything less than 15mm up front and back imo...cant stand wheels sat half a mile in the archs!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
thanks for the help guys.

what have you got on your car darren as they look good on yours?
Thanks given by:
Also bin hearing about stud conversion kits. You guys got any reports on them?
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2012, 06:34 PM)nufc4frosty Wrote: Also bin hearing about stud conversion kits. You guys got any reports on them?

I was very nervous of them at first but I was told its the only propper way of fitting these. So I went and bought them. Had them on about 2 months now and really like them. Just make sure you use lock tite Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
What length would I need to have with 15mm spacer?

Where did you get yours from?
Thanks given by:
I got mine from speedshack gave them a call. I needed 70mm studs but they didn't have them so I got 80mm and cut some off. The dimensions iirc were 1.25 at the bottom and 1.5 at the top for the stud which were flat seated tapered of a Toyota.
I'm sure dum dum will be along soon to correct me as it was him that showed me his setup.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
I used to run mine with 5mm spacers and stud conversion, but looked pants imo, so ended up spacing it 20mm front and back, the spacers bolt to the hub with new bolts, and the wheels bolt to the spacer with OEM bolts, much easier /safer, and looks much more win spaced out me thinks!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
(07-07-2012, 11:00 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: I used to run mine with 5mm spacers and stud conversion, but looked pants imo, so ended up spacing it 20mm front and back, the spacers bolt to the hub with new bolts, and the wheels bolt to the spacer with OEM bolts, much easier /safer, and looks much more win spaced out me thinks!

So from what I understand you got spacers that bolt to the hub and then the wheels bolt to the spacers with standard bolts? If that's correct are they different to usual spacer people use?
Thanks given by:
the spacers that bolt to the hub then bolt the wheel to the spacer are miles better not to mention safer. thats why they cost more. imo if your going to do it then do it properly.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2012, 02:41 PM)kingy Wrote: the spacers that bolt to the hub then bolt the wheel to the spacer are miles better not to mention safer. thats why they cost more. imo if your going to do it then do it properly.

Do you have a link to a set of these by any chance?
Thanks given by:
ive had a quick look and carnt see any 15mm but if you contact these im sure they will do em.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-106-20...3a6ebad6ee
Thanks given by:
They look exactly what I have in 20mm
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
thb i thought they where more than this. last time i looked they were like £90. i need 2 sets of these so think im gonna get some.
Thanks given by:
Yeah bolt to hub job are possible safer but I went for cheaper option Smile they seem ok so far though. Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
you will proberly be fine kent but imo its worth spending the extra. and at these prices you would be a fool not to. Wink
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2012, 05:53 PM)kingy Wrote: ive had a quick look and carnt see any 15mm but if you contact these im sure they will do em.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-106-20...3a6ebad6ee

They look ideal. It's better to spend a bit more to know that there going to be alright. I guess that the bolts that come with them bolts the spacers to the hubs and then I use my standard bolts to bolt the wheels on?
Thanks given by:
yep, thats it. make sure you check them a week after you have fitted them. heard so many storys about wheels coming off. aint no bother just to go round and make sure they are all nuts are still tight after a week is it.
another thing, make sure the centre bore is the same as the spacers or you will need spigot rings. iirc its 65.1.
Thanks given by:
Yeah ok thanks for your help on this. There seem like the best option to me. Rather have these than a stud conversion. Recon it will work out cheaper as well
Thanks given by:
go for it. i think challengers look the mutts nuts on a 306.
Thanks given by: