PD130 - Smoke after boost....wtf!?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PD130 - Smoke after boost....wtf!?
How old are you tom? Try adrian flux, as soon as I turn 20 with 3yrs NCB they are very well priced, and all non performance mods are free! All you have to do is phone up and talk to somebo.... oh wait.
Thanks given by:
I'm 20....the admiral group won't insure any intercooler changes (had to put my old one back), any turbo changes, a plus 25 percent remap....etc etc. Also, Insurance was an extra 150 quid for around 8 months for just a 10-25 percent remap....ridiculous imo. Sad

Then to top it off, my mums just bought a brand new Suzuki swift....her insurance is only 200 a year fc! I'd have to pay more than that just for the damn map on the insurance if I was doing it for a year! :/

(05-07-2012, 05:44 PM)Dan! Wrote: How old are you tom? Try adrian flux, as soon as I turn 20 with 3yrs NCB they are very well priced, and all non performance mods are free! All you have to do is phone up and talk to somebo.... oh wait.

Well I could probably speak to Jordan....... :think:

But Brent weren't cheaper anyway, so I doubt flux would be and annoyingly I started the insurance on the nad so gonna keep with it so I don't lose a few months of ncb.
Thanks given by:
Right so you want a high power car with epic mpg, nothing too big but loads of toys?

More toys = more things to go wrong
Mpg and power don't mix as a general rule. Generally, the higher the power, the lower the mpg
cars don't break because you work them hard either Tom. Not unless your red lining it from cold. Providing you keep ontop of regular maintainence with good quality parts/oils, it will keep going strong.
Golfs are shit and you need to MTFU and buy a really ropy old XUD for 200 quid. If it ever breaks down, you can repair it with the string and blue tac holding the glovebox shut.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I didn't mention size? I like bigger cars, feel claustrophobic in the 106 or fabia....306 or gold size is about right for me, but I am considering estates too now, so I could rid if the trailer....only problem is parking something that big.

I know mpg and power don't go together....unless you have a pd engine from the seems of it! Or if you're rich enough to afford a much newer car, which obviously I'm not.

More things to go wrong only if you have French electrics lol, none of the electrifs were broken on either golf at 132k and 140k......

Clutches, dmfs, grarboxes, headgaskets, turbo oil seal seals do all break from hard use lol.......

I don't want an xud. I don't really know much about them anyway, wouldn't know where to start with a broken one,, I'd much prefer something I can plug in for faults or remap with a galetto. And as we all know, they really are crap standard!
Thanks given by:
So you plug in your galetto when the DMF fails, the gearbox fails, the turbocharger fails...

Also, the only component you break from driving like a dick in that list is the DMF - unless you just ra*e the clutch wherever you go, you won't make the clutch go much faster...

The fact you're saying you can't park an estate I think proves maybe you shouldn't be on the roads... I used to drive a 3.5 ton van with no rear windows and I really didn't have a problem parking it, you just find a space big enough...

But please, just stop posting tbh, you're getting right on my fookin tits.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Clearly the galetto is only there for mapping............fault code reader is so useful though, although not for what you pointed out obviously.

Of course lots of ragging breaks a standard clutch!! Especially one with lots of miles on it.......and a remap that it can't really handle.

And I'm not saying I cant park an estate anywhere lol, but I never pay for parking in bays.........I get the parallel free spaces in town...but have to squeeze into the small ones that no-one else will even attempt usually, which is fine in a normal sized car with a decent turning circle and light PAS (like the golf) and surprisingly difficult in the 106 lol, but also a bigger car wouldn't fit in those spaces, which is just as annoying as trying to fit the trailer into the free spaces.

If I'm getting on your tits that much, don't read the thread?

Now decided I'm gonna see what I'd get for this trade or p/x (glass's says around £2k which isn't far off what I paid!) so I can get rid of it to some dealer. Then either drive or sell the NAD for something else. Annoyingly I still keep coming back to HDi's or PD150s though, not that theres any decent ones of either close so having to rethink........ :/
Thanks given by:
Tom you seem to be so dilusional about cars

1. Pd engines do not combine power and mpg. My skoda just about makes 50mpg on a motorway run if im driving like my nan and that's 10 years newer than yours. Also, I could crawl to 60 faster than that
2. Modern cars really arnt as good on mpg as you think Tom. All these adverts you hear on tv boasting about it are bollocks.
3. French electrics are actually very good. The only reason you think there bad is because all you ever read on these forums is people's problems. Never see people on owners clubs putting threads up saying "my car has been really good and faultless for the past 6 months".
4. The best car I've had for power to mpg is the 6. I can happily get 40mpg out of it on a run and (Ruan will hate me for saying this) it's a quick ish car that will have a lot of things on the road. And it is more reliable than a broken DMF pd (don't tell me there reliable...there not)
5. Why the hell are you on a French car forum if you clearly have a hatred for them?

Oh and 6. Why the f*ck do we always go round in circles with this?!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(06-07-2012, 04:29 PM)Niall Wrote: Tom you seem to be so dilusional about cars

1. Pd engines do not combine power and mpg. My skoda just about makes 50mpg on a motorway run if im driving like my nan and that's 10 years newer than yours. Also, I could crawl to 60 faster than that
2. Modern cars really arnt as good on mpg as you think Tom. All these adverts you hear on tv boasting about it are bollocks.
3. French electrics are actually very good. The only reason you think there bad is because all you ever read on these forums is people's problems. Never see people on owners clubs putting threads up saying "my car has been really good and faultless for the past 6 months".
4. The best car I've had for power to mpg is the 6. I can happily get 40mpg out of it on a run and (Ruan will hate me for saying this) it's a quick ish car that will have a lot of things on the road. And it is more reliable than a broken DMF pd (don't tell me there reliable...there not)
5. Why the hell are you on a French car forum if you clearly have a hatred for them?

Oh and 6. Why the f*ck do we always go round in circles with this?!

Ok: 1 - Look at my average mpg lol, always over 60...no idea why yours is shit, maybe you're driving everywhere at 90+.

2 - Modern cars ARE much better on fuel, several of my family frequently buy new cars and the amount of power and mpg they get from even tiny petrols these days is surprising tbh. And I ignore the ads...because that 88mpg kia is unbeliveably slow when you look into it - but Im talking about 'decent' cars with like a 10/11 second 0-60.......which you used to have to have atleast a 1.8 petrol for, doing barely 30mpg.

3 - I'm also on German forums - they don't moan about electrics anywhere near as much as the pug ones - so the pug ones must be worse right? Plus the door looms in 306s ARE crap lol.....thats a well known fact, as well as all the rusty earths, and the dashboard smoke people often get.

4. I'd love a '6..........but I can't afford to fuel or tax one.... And they may be reliable....but how often do they need thier cambelts changed? And how many end up tapping? Plus they're really not that quick considering the engine size now. I've been looking at and testing a few lately as I tried to get one as a 'temp' car for a bit of fun, but I just can't justify that much fuel for such a comparatively small amount of power.

5. As said I'm also on VAG forums and hate them too....I need something remotely sociable to do though - and forums seem to allow me to do that. However the vag ones are dull and boring and they don't have a chatbox..........most days the only people I'll speak to are the ones in the chatbox, and unfortunatley I try to do that to give myself a lift, but usually end up bringing down the chatbox with me, which I will apologise for, I don't notice till its too late.

This thread might as well be closed or deleted or whatever.
Thanks given by:
1. No on most motorway runs I do 70 maybe 80 if I'm in a hurry.
2. There not Tom. There so limited be emissions it's untrue. Modern petrols maybe but definitely not diesels. I haven't been in a quick diesel that gives a good mpg. My old manager had a a3 sport back. That was a 2.0 tdi 150bhp. For a "Eco" car, that returned 45 on a good steady run. Most of the lightly tuned dervs would spank that and still get 50+
3. Yeah 306 door looms are crap. Just like vws are shit for DMFs (even now. Still haven't got it right. Thought the Germans were supposed to be good engineers?). Every car had its problems. Even the most expensive. You want to know what bad electrics are like? Get a Alfa! Rusty earths? Never heard of that causing a problem. Loose yes. Not rusty. And smoke from the dash? Once again never heard of that one!
4. Cambelt needs doing every 30k if your regular on your maintainence. For the cost of 30 quid for a belt, is that really that bad? And they only end up tapping because people doesn't time them up properly. Providing you remember How close everything is, it's fine.

I think your just trying to think about the bad points of all cars and make them far worse than they really are. You basically want a perfect maintence free car and no matter how much money you have, such a thing doesn't exist. Everything mechanical will eventually break Tom.
I would quite happily say that my experience with pugs had been extremely reliable compared to every vag I've heard.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
mine poors smoke out when i hit 125mph and it wont go anymore when i let the throttle off.... Tongue
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2012, 08:29 PM)wonkey18 Wrote: mine poors smoke out when i hit 125mph and it wont go anymore when i let the throttle off.... Tongue

Really? You're doing it wrong then....mines still pulling at 135mph, unfortunately I run out of balls there though. Tongue
Thanks given by:
ive had 132 ish out of it i wasnt going to say i had that fast out of it incase people was thinking i was talking bull... lol
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2012, 08:43 PM)wonkey18 Wrote: ive had 132 ish out of it i wasnt going to say i had that fast out of it incase people was thinking i was talking bull... lol

Haha, people worry too much about what others think, if you know the truth, it doesn't matter what other people say. Wink
Thanks given by:
135 eh? On the clock... Wink
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(07-07-2012, 10:35 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: 135 eh? On the clock... Wink

On the shat nav. Wink

Its not even 4k rpm in 6th.....
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  smoke on boost puglove 6 1,391 11-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Black smoke with exhaust and egr valve smoke in engine Welshy_Pete 35 12,125 30-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Poodle