might be tempted by this.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
might be tempted by this.
How big are you expecting your baby to be?

I bought my Focus for the same reasons, our little girl is due in October. You don't need a land yacht for one child surely?!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Might be for safety as well? I think a push bike is safer in a accident than a focus.
Safety is a big thing with sweeds. Volvos and saabs are built like tanks!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I think he wanted something safer for the baby Chris.....plus he already has another 2 iirc.
Thanks given by:
Toms got it. He has another 2 kids so he wants something bigger for them. Cos lets face it. 2 grown kids and a massive baby seat in back of a 306 can't be comfy.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That makes sense! From the first post it sounded like he needed a bigger car because he was having a child. Things would get cramped in that size car..

Growing up my dad had a Vauxhall Cavalier, A Peugeot 405 followed by 2 406's - there were 3 of us kids. 406 was massive in the back compared to a Vectra...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2012, 09:50 AM)Niall Wrote: Might be for safety as well? I think a push bike is safer in a accident than a focus.

As the owner of the black focus at pugfest found out - he was on the start line and I thought to myself - how dare you bring that to pugfest yet alone take it up the hill so I said to cully "hope he crashes" guess what?........he crashed lol
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2012, 11:40 AM)ash240970 Wrote:
(02-07-2012, 09:50 AM)Niall Wrote: Might be for safety as well? I think a push bike is safer in a accident than a focus.

As the owner of the black focus at pugfest found out - he was on the start line and I thought to myself - how dare you bring that to pugfest yet alone take it up the hill so I said to cully "hope he crashes" guess what?........he crashed lol

Haha yeah for such a small bump he did a lot of damage.
Clearly should have bought a 306! Even if he binned that (and lived to tell the tale) it would only cost about £6.50 and a pack of blue tac to fix.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
i wanted a bigger car because i already have 2 girls aged 13 and 15 and having a new one one the way wanted a bit of safty thus looking for saab/ volvo but after much thought i think ive decided to go for a hdi to save a bit of money. i will be looking at getting stage 2 and front mount so will still have a little poke. just seen this but at the moment i have'nt the cash but if i did i would be on this like a tramp on luke warm chips.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/peugeot-306-hd...2a1f9f5314
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Do it!

estates are awesome, but don't go for 17's, put your gold wheels on!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
these wheels mess with the handleing. dont have the confidence in these as much as my speedlines. plus its a family car so will need to carry loads of stuff. kinda thinking street sleeper so it dont mater what colour i get cause all my bit will be stopping on my other 306 if you get me.
Thanks given by:
I'd go for 16's on an estate, any bigger and you'll feel every bump.

40mm on the front gets them nice and level, and will still carry everything you need Smile

[Image: P1000975.jpg]

My old estate holding all my worldly possessions!

Thanks given by:
my mates mum had one. it was alright and it shifted a fair bit!
Thanks given by:
shit jonny thats alot of stuff to put in/on a 306. as for wheels, i think im still likeing the idea of challengers but not to sure if this will effect how much weight i will be able to load into it so might just go with a nice set of standered 15's with a 40mm drop.
kind of really looking forward to this now. just need to knuckle down and get some saving done.
Thanks given by:
Find your self a china so you get the front end off your car then. Sell your old car for fmic Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
china stops as it is mate. i was gonna ra*e it but i dont think i could bring myself to do it. soooooo, dos'nt matter what colour i go for. kinda thinking moonstone .
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2012, 09:04 PM)kingy Wrote: china stops as it is mate. i was gonna ra*e it but i dont think i could bring myself to do it. soooooo, dos'nt matter what colour i go for. kinda thinking moonstone .

Nah I wouldn't do moonstone mate looks absolute utter shite. Everytime I see a moonstone 306 I just wanna take a dump all over it and call the owner a computer pr1ck

Big Grin
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
moonstone it is then.
Thanks given by:
TBH you'll mainly find moonstone or platinum estates if you're after phase 3

Thanks given by:
mmmm, dont know. still undecided on the colour. wish i had the guts to get a china estate and put my bits on it and just have a front mount showing, think that would look awsome. got me thinking now. shiny bits and china. sounds nice.
Thanks given by:
Lol moonstone really is a lovely colour Smile soon as I saw mine was moonstone I had to buy it Smile.
But do you really wanna put all the work on your 1.6 to waste. Enjoy it on a state Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
went to sleep thinking about this last night, im thinking china estate so i can swop all my bits. still undecided about what wheels though.
Thanks given by:
I know it's not very in-keeping with the nature of the forum but your girls would be much more comfortable and (dare I say it) safer in a 406 Estate. They've got tons more equipment than a 306 and the Estate doesn't look all that bad. A 2.2 HDi is outside your budget really (unless you get one over 100,000 miles) but a 2.0 HDi 110 can be had within your budget?

[Image: scaled.php?server=693&filename=406zo.jpg&res=landing]
Thanks given by:
but the 110 HDI has the stupid FAP system which is £500 to replace when it inevitably breaks much like the dual mass flywheel which will also fall apart and relieve you of another £500...........

the 2.2 may also have the above installed but i'm not 100% on that!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
I'd agree with Chris tbh.........if you're going for a peugeot estate the 406 is a better choice, I was even considering one, obviously with the 2.2hdi though.

The thing is Mark.........eventually there won't be any XUDs left (will all be full of holes and broken rods lol)..........and you'll all have to buy a car with a DMF/DPF on, you can't really ignore those on the off chance that one of those things could break during your ownership.
Thanks given by:
The Focus has a DMF, fortunately it has no stupid DPF/FAP system on it though, and the EGR was the first thing to 'lose' when I bought mine.

The Flywheel's aren't as expensive as they originally were, a Luk kit for mine I think is £360, fortunately there's a mechanic in the family with experience in replacing them so it wouldn't cost me in labour.

And they should last up to 100,000 miles with normal use too, so will only become a real problem once you decide to start chanelling more torque throught them or abuse the gearbox!
Thanks given by:
something else for me to think about whilst im saving. can you still tune the 2.2 hdi like you can the 2.o? and if so what kind of power are we looking at. thanks all for all your input so far btw.
Thanks given by:
2.2 HDi's can be around 165bhp with a stage 1 remap IIRC Smile
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
wow, just been having a look at some of these and tbt i dont think i like them and they are a little more than i want to pay. still not writing it off though.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  eBay 305 van content, anyone else tempted? MY95 13 1,954 07-03-2015, 07:50 PM
Last Post: aggyj17
  Really tempted! John1.4 2 923 12-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Last Post: John1.4
  So tempted... callumcull 15 3,452 27-08-2013, 09:11 PM
Last Post: emmerce