Decoking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decoking
Any one get any recommendations for Decoking the eye crap out of manifolds? Preferably cheap and easy to obtain!

Cheers
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Eye crap? Lol

If your on about the slimy shit in the inlet, just try wipe as much of it of by hand.. And use strong degreaser. IF you have access to Compressed air and a Gas Torch, you can burn the shit out. Check it out on YouTube.. Basically blow air through to initiate/ accelerate the burn and the soot/oil will burn off.
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
Send it to rehab *badum tshhhhh*
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I filled it with petrol and lit it with a lighter then just leave to burn for added effect I blew an air line in Smile
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Water Methanol Injection, cleans the inlet system like nothing else.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
^^

Or petrol and a lighter. Proper fuel sorts it out!
Thanks given by:
it was while the inlet was off mind but in the end scrapped as much out as possible and used various de greasing crap to remove what i could!

Thanks given by:
(24-06-2012, 01:06 AM)Ruan Wrote: Water Methanol Injection, cleans the inlet system like nothing else.
this or fire
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
Get a can of carb cleaner and spray copious amounts onto it and then set fire - a can of carb cleaner is cheap enough and I also use this method to clean up brake shoes where the piston seal has gone and leaked brake fluid all over them - works a treat but let them cool before attempting to pick them up again :0
Thanks given by:
methanol injection is one of the few things i have planned getting rid of the egr completely is a good move so far!

Thanks given by:
EGR is bullshit. If you think the inlet manifold is full of shit... you should check out the inlet valves!
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
ferric chloride; buy it from a chemist, it mixes with water and is highly caustic---seen a fella use it on a vw pd engines inlet manifold (on another forum) and it eats what it touches !!!!!

once brake fluid has got onto the shoes, it soaks in---so even when you rough them up and spray them with brake cleaner/carb cleaner/petrol and then set fire to them !!

all you are really doing is cleaning the surface;
given, they wil look all nice and clean again and when refitted (as when you apply the brakes) , the heat from the friction will draw the fluid towards the surface and cause brakes to pull /snatch on that side.

if dry friction linings get soaked in oil/brake fluid then they are effectively---finished.
Thanks given by:
I've heard spraying water or carb cleaner into the inlet while it's running works. Have to have the engine up to temp and then hold it at half throttle then spray away until it's about to stall then hold back and go again
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
seen a few on the veg oil forum using steam cleaners to decoke engines, applying steam after the turbo(i.e take off intercooler on 306s)
seems to help response according to those whove done it
Thanks given by: