UK Getaway's..?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Getaway's..?
Awesome suggestions here, I'll be having a check put at some of these when I gets home! Cheers ladies!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Groupon.com? Keep an eye out for deals they do on there
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Spotted you walking in south sea at 8.30 tonight alone and texting while crossing to road towards the ferry in front of the uni housing block. Are you sure this lady friend is really lol.
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2012, 10:26 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: Spotted you walking in south sea at 8.30 tonight alone and texting while crossing to road towards the ferry in front of the uni housing block. Are you sure this lady friend is really lol.

ninja

Yeh, i had just left this lady friend who didnt even take me back to my ferry! I know, things you do for women, and the things you get in reply! Pffffft!
Thanks given by:
Stephen's face when she told him to hit the road..

[Image: 0.jpg]
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
^^^ true 'dat

Nah, in all fairness, she doesn't drive a DERV and gets touchy when it comes to fuel.
Thanks given by:
Bressingham Steam Museum and Gardens. Such an amazing day out. She'll love it, and your dirty derv will fit in with all the smoke...

Witchcraft Museum. If she's that much of a whingy bitch, she should fit in well here

Anaesthesia Heritage Centre. Never know, may be able to get hold of some chloroform or similar and get lucky!

Pork Pie Pilgrimage. Who doesnt like pork pies?!

World Clog Cobbing Championships. I love a girl, with a good set of legs, in a great set of shoes. If this sounds like your lady, why not take her here to strutt her stuff!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2012, 10:50 PM)Grant Wrote: Anaesthesia Heritage Centre. Never know, may be able to get hold of some chloroform or similar and get lucky!

THIS is what i initially thought that i'd need, but strangely didnt!?
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately the south coast is the most picturesque / has the warmest / cleanest waters, yet you say you don't want to visit?

Wales is fairly epic for a good drive, make sure you dodge the main roads and pick a mountain route, then it's all about staying out of the rain.

Otherwise, the usual suspects, the Lake District etc.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2012, 07:43 AM)c.a.r. Wrote: Unfortunately the south coast is the most picturesque / has the warmest / cleanest waters, yet you say you don't want to visit?

Wales is fairly epic for a good drive, make sure you dodge the main roads and pick a mountain route, then it's all about staying out of the rain.

Otherwise, the usual suspects, the Lake District etc.

It's mainly because we're both from 'down 'ere' and would like a proper getaway, rather than local visit.

but yeh, wales sounds most promising at the moment i think!
Thanks given by:
Isle of Wight is pretty nice...oh wait

I went to newquay a few years back. Driving around cornwall is epic and the scenary is stunning!
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
Ginge, apologies for not spotting this sooner Tongue

How much are you looking at spending a night?? Because I know somewhere fooking awesome up here but it aint cheap! PM me if you don't want to post on here!

Center parks as suggested by Jonnyb I found is great with kids as there is shit loads to do but I think its a bit to family orientated for what your looking to do IMO Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2012, 08:32 AM)mark_airey Wrote: Ginge, apologies for not spotting this sooner Tongue

How much are you looking at spending a night?? Because I know somewhere fooking awesome up here but it aint cheap! PM me if you don't want to post on here!

Center parks as suggested by Jonnyb I found is great with kids as there is shit loads to do but I think its a bit to family orientated for what your looking to do IMO Smile

Here he is!
Erm for money, id like to say its not too much of an issue if it's worth it! The peak district would be an ideal place I think!

But yeh, centre parcs, I don't think so, too many kids around!
Thanks given by:
http://www.windermeresuites.co.uk/

I like the Ambleside suite but not stayed in any others, oh and the menu for breakfast that is delivered to your room is on my facebook somewhere Wink

Just make sure you sitting before looking at the price Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Take her seal clubbing,
best first date ever
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
[Image: 311065_10150343923652236_501092235_81319...13947.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Repped ^^ I don't know why I laughed so hard
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
^^^ seal clubbing for SRowell lol

in relation to the thread, me and my ex when to cornwall for a long weekend, that was cracking! did it on the cheap too, stayed in a private room in a hostel, worked well!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Thanks given by:
(27-06-2012, 09:51 AM)samass Wrote: ^^^ seal clubbing for SRowell lol

in relation to the thread, me and my ex when to cornwall for a long weekend, that was cracking! did it on the cheap too, stayed in a private room in a hostel, worked well!

thats exactly what we did. wasnt too bad at all! really nice hostel near the beach in newquey
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
possibly where i stayed, but i forget the name of the place, i just drove there! lmao
hippy central tho
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Thanks given by:
You should update your profile so we know whereabouts you're from....I thought it might have been the case...

Unfortunately you're already in one of / if not the best parts of the UK...

IoW is crap and I wouldn't recommend it for longer than a 2 day visit. There are some nice places in the Cotswolds if you want somewhere quiet, not as far to drive as Wales either. Avoid the east coast at all costs - it will scar your mind and you'll never want to go on holiday in the UK again...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2012, 10:40 AM)c.a.r. Wrote: IoW is crap and I wouldn't recommend it for longer than a 2 day visit
Er...ginge lives on the Isle of Wight...lol

Also lol @ this thread. You sly devil
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2012, 09:55 PM)Scott Wrote: Also lol @ this thread. You sly devil

ninja

Cheers for the ideas guys, i've saved a load of the pages to the lappy and will have a ganders with her, see what we reckons! Smile
Thanks given by:
Another one to add, there is a nice B&B right behind my house who have a gypsy caravan in the garden you can stay in as well as nice rooms.

Its called "The Blue House" http://www.bluehousebedandbreakfast.co.uk/ worth a look Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
If you go center parks out of season there is no kids there!!

And mark that caravan looks awsome, may have to bring the bird up at some stage
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ok, so we've decided we're going to Scotland; we've got a rough idea on where we're going before and after scotland, but there are so many areas around there to choose!

Preferably we don't want to go above Edinburgh, but want to see some real touristy castle areas.

Can anyone suggest any nice areas to stay or visit??

Thanks!
Thanks given by:
Scotland...in a 306? Oh dear. We all know what happens to dervs that go to/come from scotland.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2012, 10:34 PM)Niall Wrote: Scotland...in a 306? Oh dear. We all know what happens to dervs that go to/come from scotland.

...they also said a K03 @ 30psi wouldn't get more than 200miles, it did nearly 1000.

Haters - 0 / Ginge - 1

[Image: 1242032359_haters-gonna-hate.gif]
Thanks given by:
Touristy castles? So Edinburgh castle. That's not north of edinburgh. Aireshire is a nice area, been there years ago.
Will be an amazing drive. I want to go to the highlands, great scenery, amazing skies on a clear night and a few nice cottages up that way. I was looking with an ex "lady friend" lol but never got around to it.
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2012, 10:26 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: Are you sure this lady friend is really lol.

Unless your saying miss tait isn't real? I'm fairly sure she's real although she didn't turn up to ace when she said she would!

Also Dorset is supposed to be nice. I know you said your going to Scotland but lulworth is supposed to be very nice
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 Getaway! Eeyore 7 2,757 12-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Last Post: the milkman