Help with 406 hdi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with 406 hdi
I know its not a 306 but im sure some one can help with this one Smile

To cut the story short a friend of mine disconnected the battery from his 2000 y plate 406 2.0 hdi to change a fromt tv damper (why i dont know) Dodgy

Now the car turns over fine but will not start any ideas why this could of happend??
i know the buttons for his remote locking do not work and havent since hes owned the car.

could this be imobaliser issue?

thanks in advance for any help Big Grin

If this is in the wrong section please move Smile
Thanks given by:
eml on? any codes? got fuel?
Thanks given by:
No eml there is fuel think its the imobaliser any way to reset it?
Thanks given by:
Sounds like an immobiliser issue, also make sure he hasn't accidentally disturbed the inertia switch.
Thanks given by:
Thanks mate will get him to check that Smile i have been told that if you run a global scan with peugeot planet and try any start the car during this it should bypass the imobaliser so to speak and let the car start and fix it? anyone know if this will work?
Thanks given by:
Peugeot Planet will tell you if the immo is active or inactive sat there with the key in the ignition to start with.

So that is already telling you if the immo is working or not.

If it says the immo isn't deactivated then trying to fix it via PP may prove difficult if the issue is a mechanical one (ie, loom split, multi-plug disturbed etc)

I'm not sure of the start to fix while running a global scan and fixes immo issues. If it were that easy to avoid the immo it'd be a slightly flawed system. Ie, to clone a key using PP you need to have an original working key as a base, so I'd be surprised if simply starting the car during a global scan would essentially 're-program' your key to the car/immo code!

I've heard of this issue before on a 306 HDi though, Idnan over on Pug306 changed a front strut on his car and during the work gave the car a good few knocks around that area. His car wouldn't start or run properly.
After many weeks it turned out his ECU > immo wire had split inside the insulation and caused a faulty/failed immo signal from his ignition barrel loop to the ECU.

So I'd check immo functionality at all via PP, if the immo isn't turning off when the key is present at the ignition then I'd be very tempted to check mechanical issues first!

Cheers

Dave
Thanks given by:
I have read that the ecu and bsi unit can stop comunicating due to the battery being removed so this mayb the problem and i think from what i have read and seems to be quite a common problem will get it conected up to pp and see what happens Smile
Thanks given by: