MK2 Golf Rebuild

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MK2 Golf Rebuild
Me and a Friend picked up this Golf on Friday, thought we would take on a little project and this was the only working one we could find which was in good enough condition to not take all our money and ever get finished, I think we got it for a little bit of a steal! as you will discover later on Wink

well, this is her

[Image: 004cjg.jpg]

[Image: 007eyh.jpg]

[Image: 009pc.jpg]

[Image: 011kvf.jpg]

[Image: 015fd.jpg]

[Image: 016ub.jpg]

Under the engine she was a bit messy, had a nasty oil and water leak through the head gasket... over the weekend, me and a friend started stripping her down, he was doing the interior while I was doing the engine work. Discovered a few goodies when under the bonnet Cool

Took it to my nans house as she has a large garage and a pit to stand under the car... went for a quick rip down the road then she died Dodgy

[Image: 037zf.jpg]

pushed her into the garage then started the strip

[Image: 002zol.jpg]

[Image: 008qs.jpg]

[Image: 006cbm.jpg]

[Image: 004qq.jpg]

[Image: 010lir.jpg]

Interior coming out, had a water leak in the passenger footwell, so that was messy under the carpet... took off all the mouldy underlay stuff and picked up a big roll of cloud 9 underlay off a friend and replaced it with fresh stuff, but loads of it to make it nice and quiet inside... also gave the carpets a major scrub and wash so they are clean and smell good Big Grin

[Image: 014js.jpg]

[Image: 016oi.jpg]

Pile of bits

[Image: 034pad.jpg]

[Image: 032ul.jpg]

Head off

[Image: 018eg.jpg]

[Image: 026ohi.jpg]

[Image: 020yd.jpg]

Injection head fitted with carb, apparently the 'penny' trick is a common thing, shocked me when i first saw it lmao

[Image: 022eo.jpg]

pressure test and skim needed for that...

then gave the engine a quick clean, but dont have pictures of it after the clean

[Image: 036vm.jpg]

[Image: 030zms.jpg]

[Image: 028tc.jpg]
[Image: 306oc.jpg]
Thanks given by:
thats some size garage that. if you wanna sell me that grill then thats fine.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
there is another door next to the part im working in so its pretty massive, could fit 4 cars in no worries... ill probably be keeping the grill as it'll be going back on at the end... some of the clips are broken though so it might not, might need to buy myself a new one
Thanks given by:
well if you do decide to sell then drop me a pm Tongue
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
will do Smile
Thanks given by:
Never expect these things to be cheap. I bought what seemed to be a steal of a mk2 GTi for £350, it now stands me in at over £1500 LOL. Everyone loves a tidy mk2 tho :-p
Thanks given by:
this one cost me £300, and all the real work that is needed is the engine, everything else is fine, no rust or scratches or dents... engine has a few goodies too so even if i decide to weigh it in at the end, i can sell some of the parts for more than it cost me, and then scrap the shell for a little extra
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Norledge's Mk2 VW Golf GTi Norledge 7 2,514 05-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Matt