galletto 1260 or kwp2000 software remap

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
galletto 1260 or kwp2000 software remap
Whats the diffrence between the galletto 1260 or kwp2000 software remap or cables etc?

Which one the best or easyesy to use?

306 hdi

thanks
Thanks given by:
I've used the galletto and didnt have any trouble it was easy to use and it got the job done Smile Hope that helps
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
galletto can do a few more types of car too
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Both are easy to use and both are as good/reliable as each other for the 306 HDi...

I have a Galletto and KWP2000 and I use the KWP2000 almost all the time with 306 HDi's etc... just seems like less frills which to me says less likely to go wrong hehe Big Grin

Dave
Thanks given by:
Im thinking of having a stage 1 remap sometime soon.

Which one uses windows 7 Galletto and KWP2000?

Also which one uses xp?

Can you save all the original ecu maps before doing any changes with new ones?
Thanks given by:
i use a KWP on XP.
and yes you can save the original map which is recomended to do.

bewarned though if you have a bad write with the kwp you wont be able to recover the ECU with the kwp
but it is repairable by other chip programmer companys
Thanks given by:
A bad write with anything on the EDC15 in the 306 HDi is an ECU out and solder job, I'm fairly certain... perhaps a byteshooter might work, I'm not sure.

I'd imagine both the Galletto and KWP2000 both have as much chance of going wrong, and that is mainly down to user error in almost all cases.

A very good logic to follow is that if the device logs onto the car, and reads off a good original file, then the chances are it will write properly too (ie, you could consider that no hardware failures/faults are present if it reads ok)
I'd always read and check the file is good, and also check what you have already, before doing any write. It assures the OBD connection is good, your laptop is good (drivers/stability), and the ecu interface device (kwp/galletto) is in good order and works!

Dave
Thanks given by:
Hey whippy. I'm going to be mapping my car over next few days. I was just wondering if there is any Gallettos to avoid on eBay as they're some at £20-25 and some at £10-15.
Also how much do you charge for a stage 1 map for my hdi?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
They are all the same, copies of copies with differing markups and software version rips (depending on age of batch - from what I have found anyway..)

It's hit and miss as to whether you get a working one - there are faulty ones about, dodgy batch no doubt.
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FAO: Galletto/KWP2000/ELM327 Users Ruan 10 3,743 01-11-2014, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Razorback_Rob
  Galletto 1260 won't read data Hdi and proud of it 7 2,740 21-10-2014, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Hdi and proud of it
  Hdi mapping software/vnt ecu control Chris306 14 3,763 06-09-2014, 03:05 PM
Last Post: Ruan