Galletto 1260 won't read data

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Galletto 1260 won't read data
Trying to read ecu, which has a stage 1 already, so as I can get a new remap but all I get is 'error, no data', the red light is on on the galletto 1260 but it appears no one is home, what did I do wrong [UNAMUSED FACE]
Smile
Thanks given by:
It's possible that the ECU has ' NO READ' protection on it. Who's doing your map and who did your old map? If you post me the ECU I can program it in 'boot mode' which will over ride anything that won't allow access.

That said, it's more likely that there's a problem with your galletto... could you try an MPPS?
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Hi Steve, you did the old map on it mate a couple of years ago, I've fitted an fmic now and at the moment a cone filter but soon will change back to a standard air filter

Was thinking of a remap and James is offering half price at the moment but run out of time as away for next 3 weeks
Smile
Thanks given by:
Ok, well I do use read protection, so sometimes (and only sometimes) the tool won't let you read from the ECU but it will let you program a new file.
If the tool worked before it should work now, is it ID'ing the ECU?
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
driver issues?
Thanks given by:
(21-10-2014, 08:31 AM)pro_steve Wrote: Ok, well I do use read protection, so sometimes (and only sometimes) the tool won't let you read from the ECU but it will let you program a new file.
If the tool worked before it should work now, is it ID'ing the ECU?

I think the tool is ok, as you say it worked before so should work ok again, but no its not ID'ing the ECU, just says error no data. I wonder if its the software as the file NEW SERIAL.exe has a red ring and line throigh it just like the Ghostbusters slogan.

(21-10-2014, 08:41 AM)SRowell Wrote: driver issues?

I'm thinking it might be software issue, software's gone soft ! lol
Smile
Thanks given by:
If it's not even identifying the ECU then there must be a problem with the tool/drivers. Software is on my webpage if you need it, also a setup guide which may help for the driver.
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(21-10-2014, 09:39 PM)pro_steve Wrote: If it's not even identifying the ECU then there must be a problem with the tool/drivers. Software is on my webpage if you need it, also a setup guide which may help for the driver.

Cheers Steve, I'll reload the software and give it another go, thanks mate
Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Logging? JTaylor2005 19 2,640 20-08-2015, 08:10 PM
Last Post: craig306
  FAO: Galletto/KWP2000/ELM327 Users Ruan 10 3,716 01-11-2014, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Razorback_Rob
  Anyone near Coventry with MPPS or Galletto? jammapic 2 1,130 30-08-2014, 07:49 PM
Last Post: td_dan