Ello!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ello!
Alright lads and ladies? I just got myself a little project (Diablo red 1998 xsi) for £150 :dance: It needs new discs and pads, a parcel shelf, a clutch, a mid box, back box (whoever had it last has removed the mid box, used a cheap bit of pipe and welded a pikey 4'' backbox on... Too noisy even for me!!!) a service and a good mop and wax. Any recommendations on where to grab my parts from and which parts to use?

Any input much appreciated.

Ta,
Sam

Smile
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

[Image: Untitled.png]
Thanks given by:
Welcome! and get some pics up Smile

Sounds good though, even better when its all finished Big Grin
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Welcome along. Not bad for £150!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ta mate, will bung some pics up after work Smile She ain't too pretty at the moment... few dinks and scratches. I wont be grumbling for £150 though! 8-)

Thanks given by:
dont worry about the minor details! mine has more love taps than a lot on here
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Welcome along buddy! Bargain at 150 worth that in scrap
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the welcomes. I promise ill try and get some pics up later tonight. Im based in southeast london, who do you all get your parts from, and are there any meets near me?

Ta

Thanks given by:
welcome along mate sounds a bargin! diablo ftw. i got my mrs a xsi. good little car for what it is

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Wow that sounds like a bargain, and shouldn't take too much to fix up! What mileage is it on/ did you get that with T&T?

Nice to see another London member, whereabouts are you from buddy?
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys! Yeah I'm pretty pleased with it for the price. Its tested for another 6 months, tax is out but that's no biggie. As for the mileage.... ahem... 165k and seems like its still going strong Confusedhock: From the looks of it though, its had most of the suspension replaced not too long ago, had a cambelt and waterpump at 147k. Cant really complain eh? I'm a Lewisham boy Kimmie, where are you from?

Pics to follow shortly :clap:

Thanks given by:
[Image: IMAG0213.jpg]

Thanks given by:
[Image: IMAG0212.jpg]

Thanks given by:
[Image: IMAG0211.jpg]

Thanks given by:
[Image: IMAG0210.jpg]

Thanks given by:
[Image: IMAG0209.jpg]

Thanks given by:
[Image: IMAG0208.jpg]

Thanks given by:
As you can see, she's a bit grubby, but I reckon will scrub up ok Smile

Thanks given by:
Right lil chav cannon on the back there ! Lol
Not keen on the "heat shield"
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome aboard Smile

Car looks great for the money, once that back box is changed it'll be loads better too.
Thanks given by:
Agreed, it attracts far too much unwanted attention and makes my ears fookin bleed after long enough! Plus I reckon its down on power, they used a small diameter pipe between the cat and chav box.Unfortunately they also hacked a bit out of the rear bumper Sad I don't like the "heat shield" much either lol. Any suggestions?

Thanks given by:
Welcome mate...

Cars looking good.

But cannot imagine what pain you must go through driving it. as i read above i see its loud :L
Thanks given by:
Try and source a phase 3 bumper and later exhaust. The bumper will have a cut out and the exhaust a chrome tip. Or a more subtle aftermarket one which would fill the cutout nicely (3"ish) Smile

Edit: Actually Ed Doe may still have his (Diablo too) but I can't remember if he sold it or not.
Thanks given by:
looks like thatll polish up alright, good little motors the xsi! since you're in london, we all head up to ace cafe most months, we pretty much take it over! tis a good laugh, good food and coffee too
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I'd love to give her some ph3 bumpers, and body colored rub strips! If anyone has any for sale or knows where i can get some it would be much appreciated Smile I was looking at Sportex mid and back boxes...... They are pretty cheap i know but gotta be better than what i have on now right? Mixed reviews on em so any opinions would be great. Also i will be needing some fresh rubber, Uniroyal Rainsport 2's maybe.... Ace cafe yeah? A few mates have been up there a few times and it sounds like a right laugh, When do you all head up next then? Might have to put in an appearance Smile

Thanks given by:
Myself, Scott and Dum-Dum are near Heathrow, and there's a few others in London/ Surrey Smile

Ace is every 3rd Monday of the month, but as this month it falls the day after FCS I don't think there'll be many people there! We also have it booked for a '306 day' in August!
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Like I say I think Ed Doe has a phase 3 bumper for sale...

Also, I had a Sportex box on my A3 1.8T and it was great for the money, sounded really good. Also MissTait_GTi6 and Midnightclub have cat back Sportex systems (with the race tube) and seem very happy with them Smile
Thanks given by:
Welcome along mate

I go to G.W. Bridges in Pease Pottage.

Just down the M23, couple of junctions after East Grinsted. Could be local depending what part of London you are in...
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Nice Smile ill PM Ed later then. I have found a place that will do me a cat back sportex system with the mid box for £170. A 3'' backbox should be a tad quieter lol. Hmmm, GW's is about an hour or so from me grant, worth a punt if you reckon they are any good Smile Good to know kimmie, you lot aren't too far away. Ill try and keep those Mondays free, let me know when the 306 day is and ill try and make it down for that too. Wont be making it to FCS though. I want to have the car looking a bit more respectable (less chavvy) before i get to any shows!

Thanks given by:
welcome! Thatll be alright once youve sorted the exhaust. Paint up all the plastic black bits in proper black and itll look much better Smile
Thanks given by:
Cheers SR, i was thinking about painting the rub strips.... I'd much rather go for ph3 bumpers and body coloured rub strips though. Will have to see how much it will cost. Also i may rub the alloys down and paint em black. Yay/nay?

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ello ello Luigirule92 7 1,807 30-01-2016, 12:14 AM
Last Post: adam b
  Ello.. disco stu 23 6,658 22-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Last Post: disco stu
  Ello RePT 8 3,109 20-10-2012, 05:33 PM
Last Post: the milkman