help with choosing locking wheel nuts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help with choosing locking wheel nuts
sorry if this in the wrong section but didnt know whitch one to put it in.....

anyway, im about ready to put my wheels on soon but need a set of locking wheel nuts.
because they are after market alloys then im not sure on the right ones.
here is a pic of the bolt.
[Image: IMAG0917.jpg]

now would these do.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOCKING-WHEEL ... 415f53b2da

or even thinking these...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Locking-Whe ... 3ca73b47c3

or if im compleatly wrong can some nice person send me a link....

cheers.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Don't buy the first link. For that price, they will be shit!

Lockers should never be done up massively tight but you still don't want to buy crap. Mcgards are about 30 for a set and seem to be fairly good (I've had them for 2 years and they have been on and off more times than a prostitutes underwear!). Take one of your bolts into halfords and match them up to some mcgards. Take the model number and buy them cheaper online.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
As Niall says, McGard bolts are the way forward. Looking at the picture of your bolt, they look the same as mine. These are the McGard's I bought:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290328698695

They are the ultra strength type.
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
feckin how much. suppose you get what you pay for and you got to think of the safty thingy.

will have to stop off the beer for a couple of nights then.
Thanks given by:
Do people even still nick alloys these days?? I find lockers a pain in the ass tbh. :problem:
Thanks given by:
I don't normally use lockers for standard wheels. Do with my lensos Smile McGuard are best IMO bloody brilliant when I had them. Like Niall said get em cheaper online!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Some people still don't use lockers and that is why kids, I am shortly 'aquiring' some turinis......
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:Some people still don't use lockers and that is why kids, I am shortly 'aquiring' some turinis......

lmao
Thanks given by:
Doesn't Scott have Turi.....oh.... :think:

Seriously though, I also have McGuards on the Golf, and apart from only having only one key and the problem of remembering where I put that one key, they work well I suppose. Smile
Thanks given by:
Not got lockers on mine, meh, too much hassle and my wheels are insured anyway Tongue
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
As I learnt the hard way - it's really a good idea to use locking nuts.. because you never know, somebody could start trying to steal it and fail, then your wheel falls off because the nuts are loose.
Thanks given by:
vlj Wrote:As I learnt the hard way - it's really a good idea to use locking nuts.. because you never know, somebody could start trying to steal it and fail, then your wheel falls off because the nuts are loose.

Im pretty sure this has happened 3 times in recent years to forum members Sad
Thanks given by:
Depends on your area. I've never heared of anyone around my way have there wheels nicked. All the alloys I've owned. Including my old set of team dynamics multispokes that I had refurbed never had them and never had a problem.

It's your nice dust caps and centre caps you gotta watch out for these days.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I didn't have lockers to start with, till I was at a local car meet, and one of the blokes was saying how he sold a car and wished he taken his old wheels off as they were worth abit, then heard him say it's alright he doesn't have lockers I'll just go jack it up. Had a laugh about it.

4 days later I see him with the wheels on his car........

Then next time I see him he says I like your wheels :|
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:I didn't have lockers to start with, till I was at a local car meet, and one of the blokes was saying how he sold a car and wished he taken his old wheels off as they were worth abit, then heard him say it's alright he doesn't have lockers I'll just go jack it up. Had a laugh about it.

4 days later I see him with the wheels on his car........

Then next time I see him he says I like your wheels :|
what a pregnent goldfish. As if you actually do that. I wouldn't think about going to rob my old td's.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Yeah he did seem a complete cock. Proper dodgy bloke. Hate to think how much of his car he'd paid for lol
Thanks given by:
i hope your not using that bolt in the pic, there is no threads left on it and i bet the hub is no better
Thanks given by:
As has been said, don't skimp on bolts... They're kind of an important thing to stay firmly attached to the car Wink
Thanks given by:
so, i need new bolts and decent wheel nuts.
anyone throw a link up for any of these please.
Thanks given by:
If I was you as your going for bolts as well give speedshack a ring they good. For my stud conversion it was £1.50 studs £2 and lockers would of been £30.
And when I take my centre caps of the shiny new studs look awesome on the anthracite.
But defferntly don't skimp on lockers as they're shit I had to get mine surgically removed when I first had the pug as someone before me had arms like popeye.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help choosing a snack... Tom 50 6,768 19-04-2014, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Locking wheel nut key.....f@c# you, you bar steward. turkish 30 5,652 02-04-2014, 08:29 PM
Last Post: SupaStar88
  Help choosing a CHEAP tablet! silverzx 10 2,696 03-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Midnightclub