Polish :)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polish :)
Whats a good polish to use on a freshly painted car? I want to do it by hand too.. Suggestions welcome Smile
Thanks given by:
Polish or wax?
Auto glym super resin polish is great by Hand or using as polisher. You will want to get a good coat of wax on there as well
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Good old meguiars ultimate compound! Meg's ultimate shine polish... Or AG super resin. All good!

As said, get a good coat of wax too! Smile
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I saw SRP has a 'new formula' as I was gonna get some more today (before noticing the emptiness of my wallet)....just wondered if anyones tried the new one and if its any different??
Thanks given by:
No point with AG Srp on fresh paint itl more than likely need some compounding to give it some wow factor. The follow up with a finer polish srp is just cheating really Undecided and leaves paint oiley after a few weeks as the resins and oils break down
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
By hand, easiest thing is either tidy it up/hide any marks with either SRP + EGP on top, or just go straight to something like AutoBalm (sealant/wax, rather than a polish), which is heavy on fillers.

If you really want a true polish, then try Gtechniq P1 by hand, it has a lot of cut but finishes well so you can do a fair amount of work by hand without dying of exhaustion. Otherwise you might have to go to a heavy compound and then refine it with lighter polishers to be able to sort it without a machine in a reasonable timescale
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
When I was painting bits for my old black DT I used G3 compound, then G10 which is like a finishing compound (finer than G3) then SRP, then wax. Worked well. If there's imperfections/orange peel you'll need a cutting compound, but make sure there's some wax on there
Thanks given by:
I found with my Mondeo which was pearlescent the best polish was Poorboy's World SSR1 which has an extremely mild abrasive followed by 2 coats of Mer Ultimate and then for finishing I used Turtlewax NanoWax...The shine when used together was astounding but be prepared to spend hours on your car if you're owt like me!
Member of Team Rather be Gay than Ginger

Member of Team Holey Engine

[Image: IM_sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I painted the car there yesterday and the lacquer is a little dull in places.. Dont really want to wet sand and buff it im not that confident lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Headlight Polish Grant 28 3,172 01-09-2014, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Bigyin306
  Best way to polish metal? Chris_90 27 4,112 12-01-2014, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Jesskendall123
  What polish? titch 6 1,261 13-12-2013, 10:22 AM
Last Post: budd