So yeah, I can't tax my car.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So yeah, I can't tax my car.
FML!

The DVLA say my car doesn't exist from my Document Reference Number and I've tried the phone service, the online service - both come back saying it doesn't exist. Of course you cannot actually speak to anyone at the DVLA, it's just computers, no real human beings exist... And only at very certain times, most definitely at the most convenient times and most definitely on weekends...

f*cking brilliant - on a bank holiday weekend too!

The best part is, the Police rely on this database to convict people for no Tax/MOT/Insurance etc... And it's waank!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
You tried the logbook reference and registration option too? I've had issues with the reference numbers before...
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I'm not actually using the V11 number, only my V5C Document Reference Number on the front...

Doesn't work.

FML.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
Wow, that's annoying :?
Thanks given by:
"Your car doesn't exist on the DVLA Database, go to your local Post Office or DVLA centre"

Yeah - get f*cked, it's a B/Holiday weekend - how the hell am I supposed to do that!

I don't have proof of insurance with me, nor my MOT certificate... So I can't do it at the PO...
Thanks given by:
That's crap man! Really annoying when things like this happen but I suppose at least its better than a police man telling you this and giving you a nice fine to top it off
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What c.nuts !!!!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Its a sign, get rid of the car...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well..... That's a shitter
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Tax always seems to be a pita for one reason or another...........why do the government make it so damn hard for you to pay them lots of money!!? :?
Thanks given by:
Can you not press 0 whilst in the automated system to talk to a real person?
Thanks given by:
i just press nothing, so it thinks you dont have a touch tone phone Wink

it moans like 4 times in a row you aint pressed anything, its normally a fallback feature of IVR systems.
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
Nah, just tells you to feck off to a Post Office.
Thanks given by:
true

June
4th Spring holiday - All offices are closed.
5th Queens jubilee - All offices are closed.

... ah well.
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
that will teach ya to tax it when you get the reminder haha.
shitter aint it, i went to tax mine and it said i dont have a valid mot. rang the garage to make sure i did and i still had 2 days mot left. strange.
now my car car is parked up with no tax and about £300 worth of work due for mot. and to top it off, ive just f*cked up refurbing my alloys. fcs is less than 2 weeks away. shhhhit. haha.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Makes no difference... I couldn't do it when I got the reminder either, because my car doesn't exist lol!
Thanks given by:
Which V5 are you using number off, a red one or old one? The old ones dont get recognised for some reason anymore, tell them to send you a new red v5 and it will work...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Oh f*ck my life.

Well yeah, that's why.... I'll just have to go down to the PO and do it, because I don't want a red V5, because then I can't scrap it!
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:Oh f*ck my life.

Well yeah, that's why.... I'll just have to go down to the PO and do it, because I don't want a red V5, because then I can't scrap it!

Haha you cant scrap it anyway, if you try they just send you a red v5 back and tell you to try again Wink

They have closed the period of allowance now sadly.

Just go PO and tell them to sort it the fek out.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
kingy Wrote:that will teach ya to tax it when you get the reminder haha.
shitter aint it, i went to tax mine and it said i dont have a valid mot. rang the garage to make sure i did and i still had 2 days mot left. strange.
now my car car is parked up with no tax and about £300 worth of work due for mot. and to top it off, ive just f*cked up refurbing my alloys. fcs is less than 2 weeks away. shhhhit. haha.

No thats easy, you need to have at the very least 14 days MOT left and valid insurance to tax a car IIRC Wink
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
oh fucck me, learn something new every day.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You can still scrap it with the red logbook. Just write scrap on it and send it back to them with a explanation letter and they will declare it scrapped.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by: