Sigma 5dr 1.9 XUD Project Dyno Results Included

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sigma 5dr 1.9 XUD Project Dyno Results Included
I finally got round to picking up my 306 earlier this week.

It's an R reg, 1.9 TD on 67,817 miles and everything is completely standard, even the brakes unfortunately, as it would be nice to actually stop.

There are scratches here there and everywhere, so will probably need a total re-spray at some point. Will also need to change the seats, think they are a bit of a bio-hazard at the minute. Only cause for concern at the minute is someone decided to take it off roading and has buggered the sump, which is leaking through two bolts as far as i can tell. Should have replacement by this weekend though.

Plans for it:

Bosch pump (once its gov moded)
Fit re-furbed cyclones (will be running them on Proxes)
Graphite masked headlights
GTI brakes
40mm springs
Spoiler
Side skirts
Boost gauge
De-badge
De-wiper

It's a project that aint exactly pushing the boundries, just restoring a perfectly good car..... to full health. I would like to get the majority of it done before FCS, but I think everyone is in the same boat!

[attachment=0]
[attachment=5]
[attachment=4]
[attachment=3]
[attachment=2]
[attachment=1]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Looks alright, low mileage too!
Those wires in the bay by the fuel pump don't look to standard though :-P
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lol Do I spy a tub to catch the oil in??
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
The wires have something to do with the immobiliser packing in lol I dare not touch them!

Nah mate, comes standard with all of them, doesn't it?
Thanks given by:
Got my graphite cyclones fitted Big Grin

[attachment=0]

Thanks given by:
looks stunning mate, get it dropped!

Thanks given by:
Well that looks a million times better on the clones mate! Nice work!

Bit of a shitter about the sump though Sad sorry I didn't spot that sooner! On the plus side though I have my engine out now so as discussed your welcome to the sump of that! Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Why has this happened?

[attachment=0]

Thanks given by:
Also, I've driven no more than 14 miles today and in the morning my water level was full and it's all pretty much gone. Apart from the raiator, what else could it be?
Thanks given by:
Crystals is my fault, I'll bring more sealant tomorrow!

I bet it's just the rad, leaking more when you're driving. Just keep topping it up!

Thanks given by:
Well at least its cheaper to have water rather than oil pissing out lol
Thanks given by:
This is probably the 4th best sigma on the forum!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Out of how many? Four? lol
Thanks given by:
LMAO.............coolant will be the hole in the rad! and yes, water is muchos cheaper than oil! clouded headlight is johnny failing to seal them properly when he masked them lol

Get some skirts sorted dammit!
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
lol New radiator has been added to my ever growing list. Tut tut, cant he do anything right? Big Grin

Will do, once i've found the paint code!! Would it be on the sticker on the drivers door and is it four digits?
Thanks given by:
So its been another busy day. The old monster truck height has been ditched and the car is now on 40mm springs. The rub strips have been taken off, they were in need of a re-spray. There has been issues with the car struggling into life, so got some new glow plugs put in and its seems to be fine now.

[attachment=0][attachment=1][attachment=2][attachment=3]

Thanks given by:
Nice work fella, looking muchos better! still loving it?
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Tidy project mate, think it needs a ph1 front end conversion ! ph1 sigma = most epic 306 ever made

Edit: looks good though mate :thumbup:

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Meh, it is a love/hate relationship haha.

Cheers, yeah i've been racking my brain thinking what to do, as long as its not a phase bloody 3!!
Thanks given by:
ph2 win. looks a lot better already bud
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
c.gerrard Wrote:Meh, it is a love/hate relationship haha.

Cheers, yeah i've been racking my brain thinking what to do, as long as its not a phase bloody 3!!

ph1 ftw

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
:nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :x

Well, I won't be bringing the car to FCS then.

Went to accelerate earlier, then lost all power. Rang Jonny and we had a good look, it seems there's a fuelling restriction as there's no smoke but no power. The injection pump's making a funny noise too :nope:

So we towed it to my house and I'm just going to leave well alone until after FCS, then try changing the pump over for a bosch.

See you all at FCS, I have a stand pass going if anyone needs it.

Jonny towing me through town Sad

[attachment=0]

Thanks given by:
Fooking gutted mate, I have been thinking about this since you rang,

try locking the timing as the belt may have jumped which would explain it running but no power!
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Yeah I guess it could be timing, but I'm pretty sure it's pump related, it runs smooth on idle and revs nicely but just won't pull, hence my thinking that it's fuel restriction or pump giving up.

Thanks given by:

Well, this is the state my car is currently in Sad

I thought whilst engine work needs doing, might as well take the opportunity to refurb the front and rear bumpers (and no i did not undo the bolts for the side panels thinking that they were for the bumper before you ask), there's a knackered hockey stick so that will be replaced as well, as well as as headlight that needs re-sealing (Jonny's fault!)

With a lot of help from Jonny, we got the Bosch pump fitted, which took longer than expected as the pulley bolt put a massive fight, bent one too many tools, so went and invested in a breaker bar Smile Just need to get an injector socket, fire seals and fuel injector hoses and then job done. The actual pump needs to be put back together properly, as Jonny thought it would be good a idea to take the head off and learn about the pump at my expense (DICK!!!) The issue is a sudden burst of power, instead of it being built up graduadly.

Hopefully that will sort out the massive white smoke I've been having, the car certainly starts a lot better than it did before. The timing of the engine is spot on, there was some initial excitment of thinking we found the problem, realised we were 180 degress out, turned the engine over a few more times and it was fine! Will have take it from there and if there's still smoke, the only major thing it could be is the head.
Thanks given by:
Cheers mate, I was only trying to help!

I'm 99% sure that I just haven't got the leverset back in right, stupid mistake to make but there you go..

The smoke is definitely unburnt diesel, I'm hoping it's injector issues and changing to the bosch ones will sort it, but it could be low compression, yet the engine starts and runs fine, just smokes like a bitch.. I'm stumped!

Thanks given by:
It's like ben jays thread all over again.................. lmao
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Right then, another interesting day spent working on the car......

Jonny has been over helping me loads again and this is what we've discovered.

We believe that pistons have had a disagreement with the valves, which may explain the loss of power. I've attached some pictures which show where the pistons have it the valves.

Gasket is pretty buggered as well, blown between two pistons.

Thinking of starting by getting another head, there's no way an impact that "small" would have bent a conrod is there?

Both of us are starting to run out of knowledge on this one, any input welcome!

Thanks given by:
Well that looks like it was recent, the mark still looks shiny and everything!

I can't see anywhere in those pics where it looks like the gasket has gone though but then there will be no awards for the quality of the photography Tongue

Also, did you swap the rad over and see if it was pressurizing? because as I pointed out to Jonny the other night, you have a hole in your rad so it will never pressurize when its like that.
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
The rad was swapped Mark, found a nissens in the scrappy, it wasn't pressurising, but the HG is blown between cylinders.

Bear in mind this has ran for maybe 5 minutes since the sudden loss of power, so it is recent!

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project Daily Sigma (16V TU) darrenjlobb 159 33,745 18-12-2014, 07:08 AM
Last Post: Poodle
Star JIMBOS ph3 xud Rolling road results Jimbo 178 27,800 22-06-2014, 07:15 PM
Last Post: Jimbo
  Sigma ph1 dt. Project respray :) Stopped Cat flaming C underground375 44 8,202 22-05-2014, 05:57 PM
Last Post: DarkInferno