Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emma, Dan and Daniel's pug addiction...
The guy's name was Matt yes, and I believe he also has a Rallye so likely the same car lol, do you know any more about it?  From what we know he'd saved it from a scrapyard but that's about all the info we have.
Bit more reassembly done today & driver's front strut replaced, bolts came undone better than cars half it's age, it's almost as if the car has never seen salt...

MoT booked for Tuesday, everything looks so good on the car that we deemed it worth putting it in for a test.  Just need to "borrow" the wiper motor and wheels from the 5 door, and if it passes that loan will become permanent.

Only potential issues I can think of are emissions due to old fuel (will add some super on the way to the test) and the possibility of fluctuating brakes from standing so long, although the discs/pads are actually better than on cars that have sat less than a year & the handbrake feels strong and even so fingers crossed the drums/shoes are still good.

Note to self - Check load sensing valve on back axle before test!!! nearly forgot that little bugger.

Will update when we know more, but it'd be epic to be able to say it's gone from seized solid to on the road in under a week. At the very least it'll have gone from that to being driven to the test centre I suppose but I want a pass dammit!!!
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Emma, Dan and Daniel's pug addiction... - by ekjdm14 - 17-01-2021, 08:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Emma's PUG Fozzy 85 30,738 15-09-2017, 11:19 AM
Last Post: dorranleane97
  Emma's HDi MrsMidnight 44 8,918 19-07-2013, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Midnightclub