Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emma, Dan and Daniel's pug addiction...
Yep we surely do haha!  It is also official that the white XS has gone from sat 12 years and seized solid, to running sweetly in under 12 hours!  Rofl  Cannot believe it myself, but after chasing a bad earth for a while (guessing from the symptoms and diagrams from BoL that it's E4, anyone know where it's located?) and eventually just bodging a jump lead between battery - and the fag lighter housing, we had the ECU powering up and trying to do things.

Then had to look into no spark and no fuel prime, guess it was a stuck/dirty/sleepy relay contact since after tracing stuff out and finally backfeeding the coil pack with 12v from the battery + she fired really willingly into life, even on decade old fuel!  Within 10 seconds the final cylinder had picked up compression and there she sat, idling away smoothly and quietly with hardly any smoke even with the diesel/ATF treatment...

Tomorrow (in the words of Jesse from the fast show) I shall mostly be fixing the wiring properly, sticking some epoxy on the cracked heater hose connector & dumping some fresh fuel and injector cleaner through it. Then it'll be a quick wash, put the intake bits back on the engine and see how close we are to throwing it at an MoT station... Really never expected to be saying that 24 hours ago, honestly didn't hope for too much for a scrapyard find bought unseen.  Will try and post up a couple of pics (the very same 2 pics we saw before gambling 500 quid on it!!!) and hopefully a short video of the second start, seeing as the first was so unexpected and no camera out in the rain at that point...

[Image: MyOGvSL.jpg]
[Image: WLdoZtC.jpg]

Oh, by the way, she's a 1.6 TU5 car not 1.8 sadly (well, I dunno I actually really like the TU engines TBF).  Initial plan was assume the engine was junk and DT swap it (obv.) but it's come round so well I'm considering whether that's really the way forward at least for the moment.  Here's a short vid of the second start anyway.

Not bad for an engine locked up solid this morning, and on 1/8th tank of 12 year+ old petrol!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2lQvoRQwKY
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Emma, Dan and Daniel's pug addiction... - by ekjdm14 - 13-01-2021, 11:38 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Emma's PUG Fozzy 85 30,738 15-09-2017, 11:19 AM
Last Post: dorranleane97
  Emma's HDi MrsMidnight 44 8,918 19-07-2013, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Midnightclub